Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    So many great Sam moments! It's hard to fulfill Tracy's challenge.

I love the Sam who was willing to die with Cassie rather than leaving her to die alone in Singularity.

I love the Sam who comforted and protected Jack in the arctic, when they found the second stargate in Solitudes.

I love the Sam who showed a whole society what a woman's worth is in Emancipation.

I love the Sam who helped her father to understand her work and helped save his life in The Tok'ra.

I love the Sam who figured out how to get everyone home in 1969.

I love the Sam who worked so hard to get Jack back in A Hundred Days.

I love the Sam who told Jack to leave her behind in Upgrades (and I love Jack for not doing it!).

I love the Sam who was free to express her love in Beneath the Surface.

I love the Sam who helped Orlin in Ascension.

I love the snarky "secret agent" Sam from Nightwalkers.

I love the brave Sam in Metamorphosis.

I love the adventurous Sam from Space Race.

I love the Sam who tried to come to terms with her life in Grace.

I love the Sam who fought so hard for her life in Death Knell.

I love the Sam who stood up to Fifth in New Order.

I love the Sam who came to terms with her life and her future in Threads.

So, what's not to love?
    Wow.. That is Sam in a nutshell ! I agree with every line above and would like to add:

I love Sam for using her intelligence when needed but not in a condenscending way. She treats others as her equal.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      So many great Sam moments! It's hard to fulfill Tracy's challenge.

I love the Sam who was willing to die with Cassie rather than leaving her to die alone in Singularity.

I love the Sam who comforted and protected Jack in the arctic, when they found the second stargate in Solitudes.

I love the Sam who showed a whole society what a woman's worth is in Emancipation.

I love the Sam who helped her father to understand her work and helped save his life in The Tok'ra.

I love the Sam who figured out how to get everyone home in 1969.

I love the Sam who worked so hard to get Jack back in A Hundred Days.

I love the Sam who told Jack to leave her behind in Upgrades (and I love Jack for not doing it!).

I love the Sam who was free to express her love in Beneath the Surface.

I love the Sam who helped Orlin in Ascension.

I love the snarky "secret agent" Sam from Nightwalkers.

I love the brave Sam in Metamorphosis.

I love the adventurous Sam from Space Race.

I love the Sam who tried to come to terms with her life in Grace.

I love the Sam who fought so hard for her life in Death Knell.

I love the Sam who stood up to Fifth in New Order.

I love the Sam who came to terms with her life and her future in Threads.

So, what's not to love?
      Just thought I'd say kudos on the list since it won't let me give out any more green tonight.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Awww, look at Geek!Sam. She feels left out of the love.

So I'm going to say that I love geek Sam, cos she shows us that each of us, no matter how small, timid and no matter how useless we feel inside (just look at Geek!Sam), she shows us that if we just take that initiative, use the opportunities we've been given, we can make a difference!
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Awww, look at Geek!Sam. She feels left out of the love.

So I'm going to say that I love geek Sam, cos she shows us that each of us, no matter how small, timid and no matter how useless we feel inside (just look at Geek!Sam), she shows us that if we just take that initiative, use the opportunities we've been given, we can make a difference!
              Yay, Geek!1speed loves Geek!Sam too!!!
              Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 29 December 2005, 05:52 AM.

Comment

I love Geek!Sam. And the way she's so subtley different from ours. Just confidence and that initiative, really, that shows what we all have inside. Squee!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  I love Geek!Sam. And the way she's so subtley different from ours. Just confidence and that initiative, really, that shows what we all have inside. Squee!
                  Just a Gotta-love-her bumpity bump!

Just sayin'! The many facets of Sam Carter will always shine!
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

If anyone hasn’t read the 2-part AT interview that David did that are up on GW's home page, I highly recommend it. I just finished reading the 2nd part of the interview. As I said over in the interview thread - all I can really say is that it affirms my faith in her vision of the character she plays and reaffirms the impression I've gotten of her as a wonderful, warm & witty person, not to mention an actress teeming with talent! From my reading of the interview, it seems that her vision of/for the character doesn’t seem so far off from many of ours and she seems to share so many of the concerns that we do for the character’s present and future.

It was a wonderful read; one I really, really enjoyed. And I truly do appreciate AT’s graciousness to have answered so many questions so honestly and directly.

And if you are lurking….. (You do??!!! ) ((((AT))))) We lurve you, we really, really do! Thanks for bringing Sam to life for us! (And welcome to the wild-n-crazy world of fandom! )
                    Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 29 December 2005, 08:29 AM.
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

there was something she said that caught my attention. about how the house they were in now was really small and that olivia is sleeping in thier room and i'm wondering, did they move? did they finally give up on renovating their other house?

i'm not meaning to pry, just wondering. i know that she used to have a house that overlooked the ocean because she had an ocean kayak and when don davis got married, she said that she hung a congratulations banner off their balcony/deck and they saw it from the water

so i was just wondering if something happened iwth their 'papa smurf on crack' house
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        there was something she said that caught my attention. about how the house they were in now was really small and that olivia is sleeping in thier room and i'm wondering, did they move? did they finally give up on renovating their other house?

i'm not meaning to pry, just wondering. i know that she used to have a house that overlooked the ocean because she had an ocean kayak and when don davis got married, she said that she hung a congratulations banner off their balcony/deck and they saw it from the water

so i was just wondering if something happened iwth their 'papa smurf on crack' house
                        Weird, I was thinking the same thing when I read the interview. Although it could actually be the same house. I remember reading an interview where she said it was their first house so it may have always been small. Typically people who do not have have children do not buy huge houses for their first house. I know the house we live in now seemed huge to my husband and I until we added two kids and a dog to the picture. Now we're in the process of buying a larger one. My daughter slept in our room the first year as well. I'm not sure if it was my protective nature or laziness on my part, but it was just easier having her bed next to me when I had to nurse during the night.

Kat

Comment

Couldn't resist captioning this...

Amanda: I don't know if I'll ever learn to sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" correctly.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Ah, Geeky Carter, the Best Carter of all the Alternate Realities.
                            sigpic

Comment

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2982/sp2cs.jpg
                              Sam: You're right--that Norelco is a better shaver.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                                What they might be thinking:

RDA: I love this job.
                                AT: He's so cuddly.
                                MS: Why doesn't she ever put her head on *my* shoulder?
                                CJ: Little do those guys know I get to hug her all the time. Ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X