X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ooberness
    What say ye???
    I vote AYE. Resoundingly so!

And I especially agree with the part about the motto. If we're going to say that this thread proclaims for all participants that: "Hic Comitas Regit" - we really do need to err on the side of consideration, even if that means we swallow a particularily negative comment now and then. Or that we rephrase it so it's more constructive than angry.

I'm willing to try.

Besides, selfishly, I kinda like the idea of being a part of a thread that "rises above" a lot of the other no-holds-barred stuff going out out there in the rest of net-fan-forum-land.

Just, you know, don't say anything mean about Sam Carter ... or you're toast. The burnt kind. Without any jelly on top.
    Last edited by minigeek; 27 December 2005, 10:19 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Hey Über here is a nice shippy picture for you

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2982/sp2cs.jpg
      Sally this is me playing with Über you may not want to see the picture - it's why I only posted a link and not the pic.
      Aw. See???

That's just...WRONG.

*whimper*

And...CRUEL.

*sniffle*

And...WRONG...did I mention WRONG?!????

/me loves my non-shipper friends even though they're OH SO WRONG!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Sally this is me playing with Über you may not want to see the picture - it's why I only posted a link and not the pic.
        Ok, no offence to Pete fans (hey, I didn't mind the character myself) but he looks like a monkey in that pic...

Comment

LOL! That's ok, tsaxlady, Uber has an even better "shippy" picture with Carter that she shared with me earlier tonight. *shudder* Thankfully, there was no tongue involved...

(And NO, AD was not in it! Sheesh people, where are your minds... )

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
            Well to all those lucky souls that get to go to the cons, keep those of us that have to stay home up to date. We will live vicariously through all of you. I'm sure you all will have a great time!!!

I agree with whoever said AT expressed grace and professionalism in her GW interview. She has nothing but good things to say about the writers and actors. She was honest and still upbeat despite some issues that need clarity (I'm still concerned about this). I share in some of her concerns. I'm sure she is getting flake from the Sam haters. I enjoyed the interview and I look forward to part 2 today.

It sounds like she adore her little girl and motherhood. I'm sure little Olivia had a big Christmas this year. Having spent Christmas with my family which includes three little ones, two of which it's their first Christmas. It was fun watching them learn how to open gifts, play with all their toys. The most fun was just spending time will all of them and eating too much food. I hope everyone enjoyed (or are enjoying) their Holidays and travels safely.

Can i add my voice to all who are going to see Amanda to tell us every little bit of detail please!
            I can't go to Gabit next year as we've got MAJOR spending to do on our bungalow as it needs rewireing and Amanda's words she's used in past interviews "Papa Smurf" comes to mind at this moment in time with our place

Just read the second part of her interview and i have to say i've come away feeling a little better about s10.
            Glad she visits Gateworld but sad she has seen bad things written about Sam but imho it shows me just how down to earth she really is to tell us just how she feels about it, she really does share with her fans a lot more of herself then imho she realises.
            Lastly i just wanted to add that it was nice to hear a little bit about Olivia and how she is doing, i laughed when Amanda said Olivia had teeth and added "Oww,Oww" and she was "reading" her book! it's little touches like that that makes me as a fan love Amanda even more as both a person and a fantastic actress!
            Oh one more thing, our first grandchild will be here in under 3 weeks, or more if it's in no hurry!
            Hope you all had a great Christmas
            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Ok, no offence to Pete fans (hey, I didn't mind the character myself) but he looks like a monkey in that pic...

LOL - okay so maybe it was not the best pic but it was the first one I could find in my folders

Even Sam is smiling at the pic

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Caption This:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE, exciting and new...come aboard...we're expecting you!!!!!

And LOOOOOOOVE....

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'm liking the sound of this and a most defenite "hell yeah"!

I think in true Amanda-style, rising above is the way to go. Follow thy queen for she is most wise

Meanwhile Mini if you wanna see some ... *interesting* Sam ship pics I got a couple for ya.. I think AD probably remembers them

Originally posted by minigeek
                  I vote AYE. Resoundingly so!

And I especially agree with the part about the motto. If we're going to say that this thread proclaims for all participants that: "Hic Comitas Regit" - we really do need to err on the side of consideration, even if that means we swallow a particularily negative comment now and then. Or that we rephrase it so it's more constructive than angry.

I'm willing to try.

Besides, selfishly, I kinda like the idea of being a part of a thread that "rises above" a lot of the other no-holds-barred stuff going out out there in the rest of net-fan-forum-land.

Just, you know, don't say anything mean about Sam Carter ... or you're toast. The burnt kind. Without any jelly on top.
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL - okay so maybe it was not the best pic but it was the first one I could find in my folders

Even Sam is smiling at the pic

Yes she is...

...in a "I'm so glad I'm not with that guy anymore because the guy I'm with now (read JACK) is OH so much cooler" way...

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      I'm liking the sound of this and a most defenite "hell yeah"!
                      John Crichton??? Is that you??!???
                      I think in true Amanda-style, rising above is the way to go. Follow thy queen for she is most wise
                      And gracious...and funny...and compassionate...and silly...and goofy...and....
                      Meanwhile Mini if you wanna see some ... *interesting* Sam ship pics I got a couple for ya.. I think AD probably remembers them
                      I think the one I showed her was too much for her little heart to take (and NO it was not a Sam/Jack pic). I'm CERTAIN that Agent Dark style ship pics will send her to the ICU...

Last edited by Uber; 27 December 2005, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Comment

Hahahaha, are they the 'SG1/SVU' crossover ones?

Comment

sam: 'wait... you look soooo familiar... did we used to work together?... '

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              This is a great and thoughtful post, and if you're not posting here, it's just wrong, wrong, wrong! I've been away for about three weeks, and I know we were being chastised for not being positive just before my absence was forced on me by work demands, but surely we're not being chastised to the extent that people don't feel comfortable posting here anymore. Majorsal is one of the things I like best about Gateworld!
                              oh, sg1fanin...

*giant hugs*

no one's making me feel unwelcomed or not letting me speak my mind, it's... that i'm *sooo* down about sam's place on the show, amanda's place on the show, and the lack of s/j ship even existing on the show... i just find it's better for me to stay quiet and to myself, because i have literally *nothing* postive to add to anything anymore.

*another giant hug*

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

of course i clicked on the image and *then* read your warning.... you must make the warning HUGE so i can be prepared for the he11 coming my way.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X