No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and sometimes i hear the canadian in her voice, especially words like hello (listen in Forsaken)

she has that nasaly long ooooo thing going
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      and sometimes i hear the canadian in her voice, especially words like hello (listen in Forsaken)

Hey!! Ya'll stick a sock in it now ya hear?

Jeeeeze eh.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Found these filming schedules up on the web tonight and I thought I'd toss them up on the thread. Looks as if Amanda should be nearly done filming unless things ran longer than scheduled. I still haven't read anything about her taking the part on Whistler, so I'm sort of assuming she turned it down. It looks as if the filming schedule might have conflicted with Stargate. Bummer.

ABBY LORD
        Abby Productions Inc.
        Exec. Prod: Meyer Shwarzstein
        Robert Mickelson, Matt Hastings
        Prod: Scott Kennedy
        Director: Matt Hastings
        DOP: Eric Goldstein
        PM: Craig Forrest
        PC: Michele MacInnes
        LM: Dan Carr
        ALM: Colin McCarthy
        PD: Bob Bottieri
        Cast: Joe Lando, Maria del Mar
        Casting: Clark & Page Casting
        Sched: Oct 27 - Nov 23/05
        222 Woodland Drive
        Vancouver, BC V5L 5C8
        215-9046 fax: 215-9047

According to an interview I read, Daniella Evangelista, who will be a guest in the Stargate episode "Crusade" also has a part in this movie and according to Daniella it will be a movie of the week for the Lifetime channel.

Totally OT, but she also confirmed that Claudia was indeed pregnant during the taping of Crusade and that she felt the baby kick.

Daniellla Interview

THE FOURSOME
        Foursome Productions Ltd.
        Prod: Carrie Wheeler
        Prod. Supervisor: Gavin Wilding
        Director: William Dear
        DOP: Ron Williams
        PM: Pam Gillies
        PC: Georgina Petropoulos
        LM: Robert Millar
        PD: Shannon Murphy
        Casting: Candice Elizinga
        Extras: Alicia Scott
        Sched: Nov 14 - Dec 2/05
        288-5813 fax: 534-5942

WHISTLER
        Uphill Productions Inc.
        Exec. Prod: Kelly Senecal
        Janet York, Noreen Halpern
        Prod/LP: Sherry Lynn King
        Director: Grant Harvey
        DOP: Mike Marshall
        PM: Simon Richardson
        PC: Helen MaComb
        LM: Marnie Gee
        PD: Thom Ward
        Cast: Jesse Moss, Amanda Crew,
        Nick Lea, Ingrid Kavelaars
        Casting: Coreen Mayrs,
        Heike Brandstatter
        Sched: Nov 16 - Apr 15/06
        27450-55th Ave.
        Langley, BC V4W 3Y1
        637-2662
        fax: 1-866-745-6439

Not sure if she took this part, but figured I'd add the info as well.

thanks for this info, ForeverSg1! I'll look for the TV movie down the road. I think you are right. It seems that the Whistler schedule definitely overlaps! Too bad. Oh well. At least we have yet another season of sam!
        Last edited by chocdoc; 29 November 2005, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Yeah and in Lost City 2...when Jack is working on a crossword puzzle and Daniel's convinced he's subconsciously writing clues by using ancient words as the answers...Sam takes the newspaper from Daniel and says:

Sam: The clue for seven down is "celestial body" and he wrote "Uma Thurman".

Now first of all, that's hilarious (man I miss Jack). Secondly, and back to what you're saying Sky, she pronounces the word "body" as almost like "bwody".

I've also noticed by her and Shanks the use of the word "resources" where the sound of the "c" comes out more like a "z"...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            Hey!! Ya'll stick a sock in it now ya hear?

Jeeeeze eh.
            Is this your southern accent?

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
              JM does also say that Carter is in all 8 stories "broken" (kind of aprapoe that they use that term isn't it?) for S10 thus far and then he goes on with his usual modesoperandi kind of post, to qoute he says: "I can say that Carter will be in most of SG-1's 20 episode run this year and in all of the episodes (8) we have broken so far. As for whether she'll be part of the main story arc - I'd say yes, but people are inclined to have different opinions of what constitutes "part of the main story arc" and he also said that so far Mitchell has no character arc for S10 and "We're not looking at any character-specific stories early in season 10. And we're not looking at any major character-driven season arcs - at present." so it seems it remains to be seen where exactly they will be going with most of the characters in S10. Maybe they will well and truly stick with "team" episodes and show the "team" working together in the same place at the same time - who knows.
              I agree I'm hoping for team episodes as well! I want them all to be involved. I also want that great team chemistry back, if that's possible after all the changes. It's nice to hear that JM is at least hearing some of the people's concerns. I'll hold JM to his word that Carter is in 8 stories so far and a part of the main story arc. I was seriously worried about her being pushed to the side, but it sounds like they are trying for more team in S10! That's something to hang my hat on.

Comment

LOL yeah! And as Anni so eloquently said the other day - I'd like to see him take THAT off with his teeth!!

Really glad you like it.

Hugs!
                ::chortle, snorf, chortle::

Sounds like the sort of thing they'd teach in Black Ops, doesn't it? Unusual and dangerous missions employing specialized weapons and exotic tactics in order to achieve vital goals and objectives outside of normal Air Force operations?

And, of course, Daniel'd be there to helpfully suggest that years of hanging around with a physicist should make it obvious that the trick is to make a good bite on the butt while not interfering with the retaining strap, clench the jaw, and apply motive force steadily with maybe a spiraling motion (illustrated with much hand waving). (And then Jack and Sam will tell Teal'c, in stereo, to keep Daniel away from the booze, because he's obviously had enough already. Daniel will complain, and Teal'c will calmly hush him up, and keep him from making any more 'helpful' suggestions by firmly gripping the back of his collar. ) ::chuckle::

Mini, I may be heckling you about the, um, logistics for Jack's traditional tussle with the, ah, British Order of Knighthood but that doesn't detract from the fact that I do like that sketch - a LOT!!!
                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Yeah and in Lost City 2...when Jack is working on a crossword puzzle and Daniel's convinced he's subconsciously writing clues by using ancient words as the answers...Sam takes the newspaper from Daniel and says:

Sam: The clue for seven down is "celestial body" and he wrote "Uma Thurman".

Now first of all, that's hilarious (man I miss Jack). Secondly, and back to what you're saying Sky, she pronounces the word "body" as almost like "bwody".

I've also noticed by her and Shanks the use of the word "resources" where the sound of the "c" comes out more like a "z"...
                  ::boggles::

LOL!

::boggles some more::

Oh, wow. If the above pronunciations are Canadian, then southeast Pennsylvania must be a long-separated province of Canada - and nobody told me!!!! Sylvania - forests, trees - lots of maple trees - I should've guessed, shouldn't I? ::shakes head in dismay:: Well - it explains why the office in Brampton is always so annoyed with Corporate in Pennsylvania: we can't even get headquarters in the right country, can we? (My company's unofficial, but accurately descriptive, motto is "Unclear On The Concept" - and, apparently, the geography. )

Oh, dear - I do hope I'm not in trouble with the Canadian Internal Revenue Service for not contributing my share to their numbers, and with the US Election Commission for, ah, contributing more than my share to their numbers - if you know what I mean. I have had maple trees in the yard/grounds of every abode I've occupied my entire life - even have maple-leaf-pattern soundholes in a dulcimer. Patriotism in landscape and music hopefully counts for something???? ::big worried eyes:: (Yes, it counts for leaves and raking, and leaves are not what any internal revenue service wants to rake in, are they? Oh, dear. )

::starts humming "Oh, Canada" determinedly while composing letter of apology to Paul Martin - after all this time, I'd better at least drop Ottawa a nice 'please pardon me for not writing sooner' letter, don't you think?::

::gets up off the floor where unseemly mirth has been occurring::

{{{Über}}} I'm not making fun of anything but me (and maybe Pennsylvania ), honest - I don't know why the idea of Penns' Woods as a long-lost Canadian province strikes me so funny, but, by the Gods - and the maple syrup I bought in Toronto that'd been made in Camp Hill, PA - it does!! It does! LOL!

Simha - apparent owner of a hopelessly muddled Virginian / Pennsylvanian / Canadian accent (and yes, I laughed at Teal'c Jaffa Set joke, too - I'm obviously way too easily entertained. )

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                    ::starts humming "Oh, Canada" determinedly while composing letter of apology to Paul Martin - after all this time, I'd better at least drop Ottawa a nice 'please pardon me for not writing sooner' letter, don't you think?::
                    LOL, You may want to wait on that letter. Paul Martin got kicked out of Parliament by a vote of non confidence Monday evening, I think we're having an impromptu federal election mid-to-late January. But you definitely get points for knowing Paul Martin's name while living south of the border!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

LOL, You may want to wait on that letter. Paul Martin got kicked out of Parliament by a vote of non confidence Monday evening, I think we're having an impromptu federal election mid-to-late January. But you definitely get points for knowing Paul Martin's name while living south of the border!
                      ! Forgive me! Haven't seen anything but Nancy Grace, which isn't really news, but is on CNN, which is purported to be news since Sunday.

But I think a vote of non confidence could work for me here - if Mr. Martin (considering one set of my greatgrandparents, I might even be related to the man if he has any Amish blood in him - oh, dear - related to a politician... the Virginian side of the family will take the vapors on that!) doesn't notice my letter, I can send another to his successor, if he has one, with the explanation that the original must've gotten lost in all the election commotion, and, if Mr. Martin's re-elected, I can send another letter to him, sounding woebegone, and ask why an entire, long lost province just full of potential voters couldn't merit a moment of his time ::sniffle:: ...

Hmm...

Comment

Glad to see the storm's passed over here on the thread. I'll be more careful in future.
                        As for the real storm we had earlier tonight, lightning and all, I'm glad that's passed too, or fried modem could be on the menu for dinner. The rain's good, but not lightning.

Oooh, lucky people getting snow. Not much of that around here in Oz at this time of year, or in fact for any time of year. Mean people keeping all the snow hostage . Give us some.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Ok, I have no ego about being able to write. I hope that over this past year, posting here, I might have improved my writing skills a little bit, but I'm still in awe of all our Samandan scribes who churn out Samfic so well.
                          So here's a little start to a story which has been going round my head lately. Cliche'd, not at all original or different or fresh, but as good as this little Page can do right now.

Colonel Jack O’Neill was standing outside what looked like an ancient crumbling doorway. Not crumbling enough to allow entry though, he noted.
                          “Tell me again, why are we here? I thought SG-11 already searched these ruins on their last mission”, the Colonel asked.
                          “Yes sir, they did. However, at that time our equipment wasn’t picking up the signal. We think that it may have only started transmitting after SG-11’s arrival through the Gate." explained Carter.`
                          Daniel was peering closely at some writing carved into a stone wall.
                          “Hang on, I think I may have found something”, he said. “Look at these markings”.
                          “Yeah, so”, said the Colonel, clearly uninterested.
                          “Well you see, they’re completely individual. They don’t fit in with the rest of this writing at all.”
                          “Daniel Jackson, these markings do appear to all be similar. To what difference are you referring?” asked the Jaffa, Teal’c.
                          “You see this lettering here, each one is just a different variation upon the same underlying pattern. Now these ones over here, they’re more self contained. They don’t appear to be in any way related to the rest of the text, and their design is more a form of symbolisation than it is lettering. If I had more time I think I could understand this...”
                          “Not happening Daniel. Standard Recon. If you don’t find anything soon, we’re packing up.”
                          “But Jack...”
                          “Daniel...”
                          “Look, I’m just asking for a little more time here...”
                          “Sir, I think you ought to take a look at this”. Carter was staring intently at the screen of her equipment. “The signal has just boosted to 78%. If you don’t mind, I think I’m going to run some extra scans to see if I can figure out where it’s coming from.”
                          At that moment the ground began to tremble slightly, followed by more violent shaking as the crumbling doorway proceeded to open towards the inside.
                          “That’s it!” exclaimed Daniel. “I figured that the symbols had to do something, and it turns out they were just like a padlock, you know, one of those ones that scramble. I only had to turn one though, so whoever locked this place up last must’ve been lazy to only change one symbol in the combination.”
                          The Colonel put his hand up, gesturing for silence. He shone light from his P-90 into the opening. It appeared to diverge off into two tunnels.
                          “Teal’c, you take Daniel. Carter, you’re with me.”
                          The tunnels were still filled with dislodged dust, making it hard to see clearly the length of the them.
                          Major Sam Carter was on the Colonel’s Six, holding her weapon confidently, wary of any possible danger.
                          “Carter, what do you suppose that this place is empty, and the reason it’s so old is that nobody’s felt it worth their time to come blow it off the face of the planet?”
                          “Well sir, chances are there may not be anything here, but that energy signal is coming from somewhere, and I think we should find out what it is, and why it only started when...”
                          The Major was cut off when there was a sudden spike in the signal reading, and suddenly a very tall woman with blue hair appeared right in front of them. She was slim but solidly boned; not exactly what you’d call delicate. Then the picture wavered, and they realised it was probably just a hologram.
                          “My name is Quiero-alu-ta’neit. I am the last survivor of my people. Shortly I may not even be that. A great illness has spread amongst us. So much death. I fear that this may be our own doing. The result of an experiment performed by one of our leading scientists went... less than well. The effect on those who were working in the lab was immediate. I always did believe that what we were doing was wrong, attempting to simulate the illness of the Gatebuilders. Though I did not forsee how drastic the situation could become...”
                          At that point the hologram wavered.
                          The cause was the ever increasing shaking in the tunnel. Large chunks of rock began to fall from the ceiling.
                          “Carter, come on, lets go. Radio Daniel and Teal’c, tell em we’re getting out of here.”
                          Before she could respond, Sam slammed into something very hard and painful (and entirely invisible) heading back towards the entranceway.

The next thing Sam was aware of was damp, cold, and darkness. For a moment she wondered if she had actually regained conciousness, or if the blackness was still a part of her unconcious dreamstate.
                          She soon found out when she heard Jack’s voice call out softly, “Carter? You awake?”
                          “Sir? What...”
                          “Forcefield, energy barrier of some kind.”
                          Her head began throbbing, making it hard to think.
                          “How big?”
                          “As far as I can tell, in the last five hours that you’ve been out, there are two squares, one around each of us.”
                          “Was I really out for that long? What about Teal’c and Daniel?” she enquired, her voice slurred, feeling drowsy.
                          “Radio’s dead.”
                          A sudden wave of dizziness hit on top of the throbbing pain, and Sam returned to black unconciousness.
                          Last edited by deepspace; 30 November 2005, 04:00 AM.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Oh, and Sky, are you the Denise who wrote 'Let Sleeping Cats Lie' on http://www.samanthacarter.tk/ ? I love it. I never imagined the Furlings like that. Is there only one chapter though?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

yeah, that's me

and there's only one chapter.

most of my stories are marked 'in progress' simply because ff.net changed and added that feature, and set everyone's fic to 'in progress'....i'm trying to change them to completed but it takes a while. i have to go in and edit every story adn with almost 300 of them....it takes a bit
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                                ! Forgive me! Haven't seen anything but Nancy Grace, which isn't really news, but is on CNN, which is purported to be news since Sunday.

But I think a vote of non confidence could work for me here - if Mr. Martin (considering one set of my greatgrandparents, I might even be related to the man if he has any Amish blood in him - oh, dear - related to a politician... the Virginian side of the family will take the vapors on that!) doesn't notice my letter, I can send another to his successor, if he has one, with the explanation that the original must've gotten lost in all the election commotion, and, if Mr. Martin's re-elected, I can send another letter to him, sounding woebegone, and ask why an entire, long lost province just full of potential voters couldn't merit a moment of his time ::sniffle:: ...

Hmm...
                                Flyin' through at work, saw your posts and had a great chuckle.

Just sayin', the green chips are out, so ** Simhavaktra** . Thanks for the uplift.
                                Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 30 November 2005, 03:30 PM.
                                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                                sigpic
                                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Working...
                                X