Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i'd like to do something too.

last night, when i decided to go down memory lane and read atteria's posts... i made it to about the third post and started sobbing. just seeing her sigpic, and reading her words... it was a reflection of her soul, and i grieved for this beautiful person strongly.

whatever we could do, i'd like to be a part of it.

sally
    I would also like to do something. Even though I only got to know her for a short time, it feels as if I had known her all along since I read all her posts. Especially her last post in this thread just shows her true and wonderful nature.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      She told us at GABIT that she had to first turn down the role with Christian Slater in The Foursome (not what you think - I believe it's actually about four guys on a golf course - Holy Hannah - oh the irony!) ... well, she said "no" because she did not want to cancel for a third time for the GABIT event. But, then, the film-shooting schedule changed and she got the part anyhow! I believe she was coming right back to begin that project. And then that TV movie-of-the-week thingie about a female detective and, hopefully, the role on Whistler. I believe that she plays a mother in Whistler ... of two young boys, one of whom dies in a skateboarding accident. I think she's a mother in Foursome also ... do we see a pattern here?

Warning label on Chopin's post: this is what I seem to remember hearing during the Q&A sessions. Can Kat or Coley or Tone back me up or correct my copy?! Again, all you reading this ... I'm trying to recall some of Amanda's statements ... but I could be wrong on some of this.
      Yep, the movie was called Foursome and Amanda plays an old girlfriend of Christian's who he finds out had his baby and never told him.

Also according to Amanda she was offered a part on a new Canadian television series called Whistler, where she would be playing the mother of two boys, one of whom dies in an accident.

Here's some information I dug up about the show.

Whistler: Canada's newest one-hour drama series set on the breathtaking slopes of Whistler, BC. It's an action-packed ride through the politics, especially the personal ones, of a high-end resort town, where family and interpersonal pressures are ready to blow sky high following the death of the mountain's most talented racer. The series is a mid-season replacement show with 13 episodes pre-ordered by CTV.

According to a Variety article, Whistler is slated to air in April 2006 on Nickelodeon's "The N." and it is to air in March 2006 on CTV.

"It’s The O.C. meets Twin Peaks," stated the producer [Janet York, of Boardwatch Productions].

And it’s the surrealistic Twin Peaks-feel that is sure to have viewers tuning in. Like David Lynch’s late-’80s series, it’s the death of a popular local youth that creates a mystery from which the dramatic tension develops in Whistler. While Lynch had viewers wondering who killed Laura Palmer, York and company plan to engage their audience with the story of a local golden boy who returns with a medal from Torino and a host of endorsements, only to succumb to a suspicious death.

I believe the part that Amanda may be up for is that of
      Jen MacKay ( mother of Beck(deceased) and Quinn(17) )

She and her husband Ethan run a local tavern.

For more information

Comment

I was reading some of Atteria's posts and came across something I wrote a few months back.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=10749

Sigh.

Sometimes I hate being right.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Yep, the movie was called Foursome and Amanda plays an old girlfriend of Christian's who he finds out had his baby and never told him.

Also according to Amanda she was offered a part on a new Canadian television series called Whistler, where she would be playing the mother of two boys, one of whom dies in an accident.

Here's some information I dug up about the show.

Whistler: Canada's newest one-hour drama series set on the breathtaking slopes of Whistler, BC. It's an action-packed ride through the politics, especially the personal ones, of a high-end resort town, where family and interpersonal pressures are ready to blow sky high following the death of the mountain's most talented racer. The series is a mid-season replacement show with 13 episodes pre-ordered by CTV.

According to a Variety article, Whistler is slated to air in April 2006 on Nickelodeon's "The N." and it is to air in March 2006 on CTV.

"It’s The O.C. meets Twin Peaks," stated the producer [Janet York, of Boardwatch Productions].

And it’s the surrealistic Twin Peaks-feel that is sure to have viewers tuning in. Like David Lynch’s late-’80s series, it’s the death of a popular local youth that creates a mystery from which the dramatic tension develops in Whistler. While Lynch had viewers wondering who killed Laura Palmer, York and company plan to engage their audience with the story of a local golden boy who returns with a medal from Torino and a host of endorsements, only to succumb to a suspicious death.

I believe the part that Amanda may be up for is that of
          Jen MacKay ( mother of Beck(deceased) and Quinn(17) )

She and her husband Ethan run a local tavern.

For more information
          Wow. Thanks a lot for the information, Kat. Whistler sounds pretty neat. See, I had no idea the role was such a big one. I mean, is Beck supposed to be the "local golden boy" or is that someone else? Either way, it sounds pretty cool.

I have Noggin, after all.

And - despite my selfish SG-1-lurving heart - it'd be dang cool to see her playing a different role.

When is The Foursome coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Wow. Thanks a lot for the information, Kat. Whistler sounds pretty neat. See, I had no idea the role was such a big one. I mean, is Beck supposed to be the "local golden boy" or is that someone else? Either way, it sounds pretty cool.

I have Noggin, after all.

And - despite my selfish SG-1-lurving heart - it'd be dang cool to see her playing a different role.

When is The Foursome coming out?
            Yep, Beck is the "local golden boy", though I'm not really sure how big the part of Jen would be for Amanda. But it would definitely be a much different role than what she is currently playing on SG-1.

This is some info I came acrossed tonight regarding The Foursome movie...

Based on the successful Canadian play by the same name, written by Norm Foster, The Foursome brings together four friends at their 20th high school reunion. Golf, love, accomplishment (or lack thereof) and the feeling of loneliness among friends tees off this The Big Chill on a golf course film.

The movie is said to begin filming in Fall 2005( Amanda confirmed this at Gabit by stating that she would begin filming on the movie when she returned to Canada), but unfortuantely I can't find anything about a release date.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 14 November 2005, 10:28 PM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                I was reading some of Atteria's posts and came across something I wrote a few months back.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=10749

Sigh.

Sometimes I hate being right.
                I just was catching up on the posts and found out about Atteria. I'm so sad. I, too, am going back through some of her old posts. I think she had left before I came onto SAMANDA, but her spirit is still so much here through all of you.

<--- Sighs with you. And yes, you called it.
                If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  It certainly would be possible. I could be happy to create something if the citizens of the kingdom are in agreement. I've kept everyone's posts about her in a word doc, so they're readily available to me.

We could do something custom (a .pdf like the ship invitation, that would include all our comments and CG's lovely poem) or I could send him an online sympathy card from Hallmark.com.

What would you prefer? I could have a custom card ready for you to review by this weekend.
                  I think that sounds like a good idea if everyone else is in agreement. If there is anything you need help on, please let me know. I'll be glad to help in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                    BTW I guess this ep -{BTS}-is popular with the shippers? I am not a shipper but I still like this ep alot. I think it is another example of a good team ep. Sam’s character is portrayed quite well as is Daniel, Jack and Teal'c. God how I miss these eps.
                    I loved this episode. And not just because it was shippy although I liked that too. It was just a really, really good ep. Everyone was true to form, even with their memories wiped. The bond that SG-1 had was there and even with everything against them they gravitated toward each other and worked together.

I miss these kind of eps too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                      I loved this episode. And not just because it was shippy although I liked that too. It was just a really, really good ep. Everyone was true to form, even with their memories wiped. The bond that SG-1 had was there and even with everything against them they gravitated toward each other and worked together.

I miss these kind of eps too.
                      I really love BtS too! My only complaint is that Teal'c was gone for a good portion of the ep. However, I believe I've read fic where people incorporated him in the story some more. It would've been nice to see how he remembered his past at the SGC, as well. It's nice because some fanfic writers have a difficult time writing Teal'c into a story.

Comment

I really love BtS too! My only complaint is that Teal'c was gone for a good portion of the ep. However, I believe I've read fic where people incorporated him in the story some more. It would've been nice to see how he remembered his past at the SGC, as well. It's nice because some fanfic writers have a difficult time writing Teal'c into a story.
                        Yep. As usual, Teal'c was given the least amount to do, but boy did he do it well. 8) I think it's cool that he was the first to remember who they were though.

I also found it interesting that after Teal'c/Tor mentioned who they were, Daniel was the one to grab onto it and worry it like a dog with a bone. Typical Daniel behavior to question everything, not to let go even when threatened and to bug the others until they came around.

And aside from the "feelings" between Sam and Jack, their behavior was typical too. Being military and used to following the rules for the greater good, they were the last to pick up on something being amiss.

I also loved that even as Jonah, Jack was supportive of Sam and her ideas and her wanting to do more to improve things.

And Sam was still the scientist/genius/caring person that she always is.

Hmmm. Think I need to go get a BTS fix.
                        sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen this episode for a while, but I remember feeling the same way about Teal'c's absence as well. I missed him that week! But it was a wonderful story idea and it had some great character moments in it. Loved the shippy stuff in that episode because it was so sweet and simple and underplayed. There was just enough for you to take notice and go "awwww" but not enough where it smacked you upside the head.

I don't know how many of you ever watched Star Trek: Voyager, but there was a very similar episode in the seventh season to this one. And oddly enough, Teal'c's role in "BtS" was taken by Tuvok, the resident Vulcan on the ship. Hmmm....

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                            And aside from the "feelings" between Sam and Jack, their behavior was typical too. Being military and used to following the rules for the greater good, they were the last to pick up on something being amiss.

I also loved that even as Jonah, Jack was supportive of Sam and her ideas and her wanting to do more to improve things.

And Sam was still the scientist/genius/caring person that she always is.

Hmmm. Think I need to go get a BTS fix.
                            Ok, hold onto your hats--I actually kind of liked the "feelings" scene. But mostly I liked the other part you said about Sam working to improve things & jack being supportive.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              EDIT: and just a question not to be rude.... but was Kegan an Homage to some of the cookier Daniel fans that think Carter is the source of all evil? BTW I am a Daniel fan... just not in a Daniel is the god kinda way
                              I would say not, but it does make sense in a way. Kegan does say something like "If you hang around with her I won't be your friend." That *is* kind of like rabid fans of Daniel (and probably of others as well--but not Samandans)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                It certainly would be possible. I could be happy to create something if the citizens of the kingdom are in agreement. I've kept everyone's posts about her in a word doc, so they're readily available to me.

We could do something custom (a .pdf like the ship invitation, that would include all our comments and CG's lovely poem) or I could send him an online sympathy card from Hallmark.com.

What would you prefer? I could have a custom card ready for you to review by this weekend.
                                I think a custom card would be more meaningful. I'm sorry I don't really have any talent to contribute. But I would certainly like to like to add my sympathies. Atteria (Nikki) was a special person and is missed here.

Comment

Working...
                                X