Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    Scorpius, shmorpius... but STARK RULES!!!!! If they were going to bring over a farscape character it could have been him. Hes sort of like a crazy ascended guy.... bet he could play creepy stalker Ancient and hit on Sam too. Maybe him and Orlin could be brothers
    Scorpius ROCKS!!! I like Stark as well...but Scorpy is the ultimate baddie, imho.

*hopes her crush on Wayne Pygram isn't showing ::blushes:: Yeah, yeah...I have a HUGE crush on the guy who played Scorpius. But do NOT think that I have a crush on Scorpy. LOL He's just a good baddie.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      My side...your side...my side...your side...my side...your side...my side...your side...my side...your side...

You're right...Stark was great...but come on...Dominar Rygel the XVI rules!!!!!!!

Actually, PILOT rules! naynay
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
        hee hee

I voted at work earlier today and just now at home. <weg> I definately think Amanda needs to take that "reality" tv guy OUT! Out of the running that is! mwahahahahahahahacoughmwahahahaha

*thinks that most "reality" shows are contributing to the dumbing down of America and the world.
        Apparently, Kayser's "fans" decided to work to get him on the list. You have to admire their effort. But what little I saw of Big Brother, I thought he was a bit insincere, and I just don't think of reality show contestants as celebrities. I agree with you. Reality TV is a big part of what's wrong with TV these days.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
          Again...the Aeryn/Vala thing...um, no. I think I'm a pretty good expert on the subject of Farscape and Aeryn (sad to say). Chiana/ Vala--yep, without a doubt. Rygel/Vala--yep, I see that too.
          LOL You are too right!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
            I'm working on my Carter hand-drawings, I really am. But I keep feelin' like doing these little computer vector sketches, too. They're quick and fun. This one's got a little bit of extra shading, I used three different brushes to finish it off, and some tracing to get a little more of the realism back into the alice vest.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/210...illus122mg.jpg

Cheers!
            mini

EDIT (because someone asked): Yes, the whole thing's vector.
            http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7212/vector10mc.jpg
            Nice work, minigeek! Vector-Raster, Raster-Vector. It's like an Oprah-Uma, Uma-Oprah thing. I understand the difference in vector and raster art, but I still don't know how to create vector art!

Comment

Now that my lecture on FS is over, I'll leave you lovely Samandans for the time being and get ready to watch House and then to bed.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i would very much rather see both of them on the show than one pushed aside for another. time will tell what they end up doing
                Is it January yet???????
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I'm not sure how productive it is to spend a lot of time comparing Farscape and Stargate (especially in this thread). Don't get me wrong--I've been doing it too. But Farscape is a completely different show and in many ways is like comparing the proverbial apples and oranges. CB & BB may have done a great job on FS (and hey, I love Aeryn), but the real issue for us here (IMHO) is what's going on with Stargate. The new cast members have thrown me for a loop a bit, especially with AT's understandable absence from the first few episodes. The *team* with AT playing Sam as an equal partner is what got me hooked on the show and that's what I'm hoping to see more of. Hope this didn't come off as being cranky, I just feel like we (myself included) have gotten off a bit on a Farscape tangent lately. (If it does sound cranky--I blame it on a long day and a bit of a headache. )
                  RE: the bolded phrase.... Especially if we're not going to see Sam's character crossing over to the next FS miniseries...

(But then you know... the ship she was flying in to Atlantis in S10... well it just slightly, kind of, y'know, got caught in some twisted wormhole and guess what?

Sam: "John Crichton? Uhmm... no, you look kinda like Cam Mitchell.....")
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Sorry for continuing the Farscape discussion, but I had to include my 2 cents.
                    I was a Farscape fan too, although not as big a fan as I am of SG-1. I can definitely see some similarities between Vala and Chiana(and Rygel), as others have pointed out here. But Farscape was more of an ensemble show than SG-1. Even though Ben and Claudia were the leads, there were what, four to six more characters who were regulars? SG-1 until now, has had the four featured characters, with only one other regular- Hammond.

Chiana fit in well on Farscape, because she didn’t dominate the show, and she wasn’t played for laughs. The shows were very well written to accommodate all the characters. Any show that features a large cast should be able to do this, keeping us engaged with all the regulars. I’m not sure that the Stargate writing team is able to do that. They sure don’t seem to be able to give Teal’c a good story line.

To bring this back on topic, I think if TPTB intend to carry both Sam and Vala as regulars, they’ll have to find a much better way of writing for an ensemble cast. The fact that RCC said they don’t know what to do with Sam in season 10 tells me that they haven’t gotten it down yet.

By the way, have you seen the poll on the Gateworld main page? I’m including it, just to depress you. Apparently we’re in the minority in the way that we see Vala.

What do you What do you think of Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran so far?
                    VOTES PERCENT
                    She's perfect! Keep up the great work. 857 69 %
                    I'd like her to be more toned down. 205 16 %
                    I'd like her to be more off-the-wall. 27 2 %
                    I'm not a fan. I watch in spite of her. 13 11 %
                    I haven't seen her yet. 20 2 %
                    TOTAL 1246 100.00 %

NC

Comment

for anyone that went to gabit; did anyone remember what the top five fave things about rda were (as picked by amanda)?

(edited to add)

tops were:
                      1- funny
                      2- easy-going
                      3- handsome
                      4- gave great hugs
                      5- ???

sally
                      Last edited by majorsal; 08 November 2005, 08:37 PM.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Cheers. I'm glad you like it. I hope you guys like the hand drawings too, I'm half way done the first one (I'm doing a Carter one and a Sam/Jack one as well afterward if I can - AD may have to hide his eyes. ). Going for a bit of humor/attitude in the mix, if I can manage to get the darn thing right on paper! *gulp*
                        Sounds interesting. So they're going to be original compositions?

Comment

Oh my goddess! What a beautiful piece of ART!
                          A life without ship is no life at all.

Comment

Becks from Gabit has posted over in the Gabit attendees thread a link to the official Gabit photos. Go check them out because there's some gorgeous photos there
                            LizWhite.net

Comment

Wow.... that's just cool [iz jealous of minis mad skillz]

I'm working on my Carter hand-drawings, I really am. But I keep feelin' like doing these little computer vector sketches, too. They're quick and fun. This one's got a little bit of extra shading, I used three different brushes to finish it off, and some tracing to get a little more of the realism back into the alice vest.

Cheers!
                              mini

EDIT (because someone asked): Yes, the whole thing's vector.
                              sigpic

Comment

I so hope TPTB dont mess up and Carter is on SG-1 full time next year.
                                She should be team lead, but I know that this will never happen because of current cultural biases. But at least keep her on the show full time. If they don't and they replace her with a caracature then I fail to see how this show can continue at the quality that it was.

Its sad, I love this show, really really love Stargate. I always feared for it when I found out it was moving to SleazeFi but after the last 3 years I had built up some hope that it would remain, if not the quality it was, at least still intelligent and decently entertaining. But if they continue their trend of disgardig good characters and start disgarding MAJOR characters then there is truely no hope.

If they get rid of Carter\AT then Teal'c\CJ better watch out. Because there is not enough for his character to do either an TPTB may want to move him out of the way to bring in someone who they think is "cooler" and "hotter" (god I dispise that word, its as if sci fi thinks that hotter actually means good sci fi considering how many times they said it in the lowdown).
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X