Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrah
    Has anyone put a Video link up of AT's interview with T4 yet?
    I've got my techy mate working on it.

Nice caps, BTW.

Comment

I have a link for it, but it's only (9.52 MB) is anyone interested?

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        minigeek, I know you aren't blaming all FarScape fans, but I just want to reassure you that not all FarScape fans are that narrow-minded. FarScape is a great show and I love it, but that doesn't mean I think Stargate is less of a show or that its actors aren't incredible also. Stargate is a different show, has a different feel, but both are great. As for Amanda, I think she is a great actress and seems to be an incredible woman. As much as I like Claudia [and to a lesser extent, her character Vala], I don't want the character of Sam to be lessened in either development or screen time. Vala is fine as a recurring guest, but I want Sam to remain to be the main character that she is.
        I don't think mini was blaming any Scapers for anything. mini was just 'splaining how NOW mini sees the comparisons that some Scaper/Gaters have made between Vala/Aeryn and Mitchell/Crichton.

As for me wacking mini with Pilot's spare arm...that was for mini's dissin' o' the puppets. LOL

Although, I do not see more that Claudia playing Vala and Aeryn as similarities, but that's just me. However, I do think Ben is pretty much playing the same character (different name, different situation). I am willing to give Ben the chance to prove me wrong.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Minigeek

A great post you put up with some nicely balanced views

Sadly my unbalanced view is still that I won't watch SG1 if Carter takes a reduced role for more Vala. It isn't about the acting for me. I am actually hooked on Amanda's acting I shall hold my hand up. But I mainly watch Stargate because of Sam Carter. What a great female character.

I really do not like Vala as a character. She doesn't make me feel anything apart from "couldn't the writers have done better for CB". She's maybe okay in small doses, but evens? with Sam Carter? I just don't want to see that myself.

Sam is such an integrel part of SG1, it wouldn't be SG1 without her.

I don't see it as a question of competition between acting or characters. It is just I love the character Sam and dislike the character Vala. I wish they had made CB a real gutsy SG1 soldier. They could have created a realy good backstory and character arc. However they couldn't have dressed her in revealing costumes all the time and scripted innuendo could they. It is the dumbing down of Stargate as far as I'm concerned and I'm not interested.

I was explaining the changes to a male non gator at the weekend and his unbiased response was that it sounded like they were aiming the character at the younger male audience.

I'm still of the opinion that RC is planning a diminishing role for Carter and one which will ease her out of SG1 by mid season 10 and out of the series by the end.

Not a great senario for the SAGCT

Stargate without Sam? No thanks!!
          Stargate evens Sam with Vala? No thanks!!

What do you think of Sam over in Atlantis? Would you watch the show with Sam in it?

I am more of in a wait and see mode. If SG-1 becomes the Daniel/Vala show as it has been written so far in the first six episodes, it isn't SG-1, a team show, anymore. So I actually think it might be more painful to watch than not to watch. I do really like CB, but Vala only works for me in small doses. Unfortunately, I'm not finding Mitchell very interesting and I'm having a very hard time buying that he should be leader instead of Sam. It is just bad writing. To be honest, though, I probably would still watch SG-1 with Sam because I like AT that much.

I definitely would watch Sam in Atlantis because right now to me Atlantis is much truer to the Stargate show than SG-1 is. It has more of the team feel. Unfortunately, the two female characters have had the short end of the stick in terms of development though (gee what a surprise).

If SG-1 moves toward the lines of Prometheus Unbound and The Ties that Bind, I will cry! And if Vala actually joins the SG-1 team, any believability that remains goes out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            Hey chocdoc, I haven't posted anything recently, but the latest is at:
            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2615836/1/

I've been working on the next "chapter" but still have a bit to go.

Thanks, Strix! Excellent fic so far. Cannot wait to see the next chapter!!

Comment

I have a link for it, but it's only (9.52 MB) is anyone interested?
              We'll take anything we can get.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                I don't think mini was blaming any Scapers for anything. mini was just 'splaining how NOW mini sees the comparisons that some Scaper/Gaters have made between Vala/Aeryn and Mitchell/Crichton.

As for me wacking mini with Pilot's spare arm...that was for mini's dissin' o' the puppets. LOL

Although, I do not see more that Claudia playing Vala and Aeryn as similarities, but that's just me. However, I do think Ben is pretty much playing the same character (different name, different situation). I am willing to give Ben the chance to prove me wrong.

I'm with you on this. I have not seen that much of Farscape, but what I have seen, CB's Aeryn and Vala are very different in many ways. But Mitchell is quite like a toned down Crichton for me. I can only think that his character will gain some dimensionality in the second half. If not, the character is in trouble. I'm afraid that TPTB see that Mitchell is not a very strong character and I think they think this because of the co-leadership issue. Sam outshines Mitchell just because of who she is for nine years. So to make Mitchell look better, move Sam away from leadership and make sure Mitchell is THE LEADER. I think if they do this, it is a very big mistake.

But in my cynical mood tonight---the writers/producers will do whatever the heck they want.

Comment

Hope this works, link to interview
                  Clicky

Comment

Clicky

OMG that was, I can't express the words.

Thank you, Thank you!!!!

Comment

Clicky
                      Thanks sooo much for posting the interview for us!!!

Comment

Clicky

Thanks Terrah! AT seemed really touched by the song-- that's great.

Comment

Clicky
                          Thank you, thank you, thank you!! So great. I smell jello coming your way!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

That interview was great. The interviewers were only slightly more annoying in reality than just reading it. Except fot the guys accent. i could listen to that all day (if he wasn't annoying). Yes, I could even listen to him read the phone book.

So what exactly is T4? Is it just little bits in between shows? we had something like that on a local channel called Sci-Fi Sunday. On Sunday of course, in between reruns of DS9 and first run Enterprise. The hosts were really big ST fans though and they made it quite a lot of fun.
                            sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                              So what exactly is T4? Is it just little bits in between shows?
                              this is what it could be
                              * T4(Channel 4) is a Sunday morning teen-aimed slot on Channel 4 (UK).
                              source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T4
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's a link from TV.com, about the interview.

http://www.tv.com/stargate-sg-1/show...=139573&page=0
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X