Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
    While Smug was introducing it, there was an interjection from Shrieky to which Amanda responded with just a look and a shake of her head. As a student of CG's GABIT Journalism 101 class, I wasn't comfortable with including this in the transcript because Amanda's response was purely non-verbal. However, when combined with her "Bit of warning next time" comment afterwards, I reckon they just dropped the song on her unannounced, and she was completely unprepared for it.
    Agree.

Managed to get all the T4 stuff on tape, no thanks to their scheduling.
    Last edited by flippy18; 07 November 2005, 02:11 AM.
    LizWhite.net

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
      Really? Like I know it's not a fantastic way to treat your actors, but she wasn't getting the emotion until someone got in her face. Then she delivered a performance so good that we're still talking about it. So it got results, and it took her where she needed to go as an actor. I personally think that's a mark of a good director. *shrugs* but that could just be me.
      There are only a few television directors who do this sort of thing as well. Meaning not very many. I'm all for it as well. And remember that the actor knows it's coming; they allow themselves to feed on those emotions because they need them. Amanda wanted to go where he was taking her. She'd have encouraged herself to allow him to make her angry, if that makes sense!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Oh, and Congrats to ÜberSG-1Fan, Myrth and ForeverSg1 who all picked up places in the The Amanda Tapping Contest
        Hey! That's so cool! Congratulations, guys!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Oh, and Congrats to ÜberSG-1Fan, Myrth and ForeverSg1 who all picked up places in the The Amanda Tapping Contest
          Awesome!!! Congrats, all!

My LJ

Comment

Well done guys And Bev too
            LizWhite.net

Comment

congrats guys!!!
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                how i've heard that she did that....they did take after take after take and none of them were working out. so the director, i think it was martin, got in her face and yelled at her and yelled and yelled...and got her mad...then said 'ok, take that in there and do the scene'

and we get sam throwing a tantrum and some great emotion
                That is really interesting. Well it makes for a great scene!

Wow, this board is a lot busier than what I'm used to. Thanks to the people who welcomed me I'm not one to post on introduction threads, I just kind of dive in. Sorry this is O/T.
                Felger: At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klingon.
                Coombs: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan.

Comment

Congratulations everyone!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Congrats everyone!!!!

Comment

Hey y'all, lemmie tell ya that I'm online sometimes, but just reading posts not actualy posting. So this doesn't mean I'm not arround anymore when I don't post in this or other forums. Cause, how can I not be happy with the lil' family I have here in Samanda, yes, Samanda is like a HOME for me.

2 more remarques untill my brains produce something usefull for posting here:

1) Congrats Mary Beth, Myrth and everyone else I forgot to mention with winning or being in the won selections of the Amanda Contest!

2) What do you think of my new signature?

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Question for any UK Samandan that has seen the new 1 minute opening credits.

I know that BB is first in the rotation, but is name about the title?

Thanks in advance!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatergeek257
                          That is really interesting. Well it makes for a great scene!

Wow, this board is a lot busier than what I'm used to. Thanks to the people who welcomed me I'm not one to post on introduction threads, I just kind of dive in. Sorry this is O/T.
                          and this is a great thread to dive into (my unobjective opinion)

have fun and post as much as you like
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey back from a windy and very very wet mid wales!

Many thanks to 1speed fopr taping the AT interview - and just in case you're thinking it was all walks in the woods down there whilst you were poised fingers above all buttons - I'll have you know I was scuffling about under the caravan lagging the water pipes. In addition Hugo took up most of the bed each night, the supply of sloes I had spied last time down there had already been raided and I didn't have my camera with me when the sun made its one and only appearance casting a lovely colour hue over the valley.

So still in snark mode I'm afraid!!

Apart from that had a great time!!

Comment

Congrats to everyone who won positions in the AT Contest!!

Comment

Welcome to all the new posters hope you all stick around

Comment

Working...
                                X