No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a winner!! Congrats to Osiris-RA for starting page 1000!!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      It sounds like those who may hypothesize that RDA was the glue for Stargate SG-1, may be correct. I miss RDA. I miss the SG-1 Team dynamic. I miss the special qualities that Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel each brought to the Team. It is sad to see it unravel character by character, actor by actor in Season 9. Amanda it appears may be taking the first and maybe fatal character revision on the show. I was really excited for her return in Season 9 but sadly TPTB's efforts to give Cam legitimacy, did so at the expense of reducing Sam's significant offworld experience and leadership. Don't misunderstand, I am not blaming RDA. I'm just examining if his leaving was the point of ending the series like Tom Selleck did for Magnum P.I.?? In retrospect, to me Season 8 is where the SG-1 series finale should have occurred. A respectful and heartfelt farewell to the SG-1 team. An opportunity to leave with respect and dignity after defeating the Goa'uld. I'd rather that the series end intelligently than to do so this way.
      Just MHO.
      I feel you on this. The SG1 TEAM was fractured with RDA's departure, though I won't believe it's because he left. Team centric eps have just faded and single characters are picked out way too often to gel in this new arrangement. And Amanda, curiously, has yet to be singled out despite being the best one to single out. Oh, how I miss them, SG1.

Just sayin'.
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        How could she not feel something about it! Why do you say that she would not have a pivotal role in either show---is that what she said? Or is that the feeling you got? Why was the audience less than enthusiastic about her signing? Becuase of this "demotion" for her?

Thanks, Coley, for posting tonight.
        Just things that were said here and there. She was quite clear that they were thinking about her being in both shows, she has a contract for 20 eps, if they say thinking about what to do with Sam they must be considering her not being in the SG1 team. Amanda chose to start the con with this information, it was not in response to any questions but again it may have been to stop any questions on the topic and explain why we have not got news that she has signed - as she only got the contract a week last friday. The fact that she asked the audience if she should sign, all be it half jokingly sounded like she wasn't sure about the deal herself. Insane ramblings from the insanley tired

Comment

Huh?

*startled by loud noises and confetti*

Whoo hoo! Thank you, Thank you, twas no trouble.

What'd I win?
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            ok, let's pretend

if we were to have a 10 episode marathon for Samanda's Milennial Celebration, what 10 eps would you choose?

deadman's switch - it not only has some sam whumpage, but i LOVE aris. he's so much fun

foothold - in one word, girl power. Sam saves the day...and she does it pretty much by herself and outside of the chain of command.

tokra 1 & 2 - some lovelly sam angst and we get a glimpse into jolinar

Jolinar's mems and tdyk - still more insight into jols and we also get to see just how much her friends like and will work for her. they go to hell to save her dad...friends do that

itlod - the beginnig of sam's wonderful arc. and she does such a great job portraying herself as possessed

gemini - for as much as sam gets reamed for this, we get some great insight into her. we get a hint just how bad it was with fifth and we also get to see her try to deal with it. and two sams, no waiting.....AD is in heaven

death knell - i love whumped sam, i'm so bad. but i also love that she can take care of herself. except for one little miscalculation she almost took out a super soldier all on her own...something even teal'c hasn't managed to pull off

night walkers - yeah, it was a bit of an homage to x-files...but sam is in leather, and she gets to slap jonas. it's all fun

next???
            These are some great episodes to show of Sam

I would add
            "Solitudes" - one of my all-time favorites
            "Grace" - AT did such a good job acting in this one
            "Unnatural Selection" - another of my favorite episodes
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

WOW nice bunch of fans I got here... they are really top notch

Comment

13 more posts!!!

Let's see if we can get our 20,000 post to be something about amanda and sam.

it'll go down in 'history' and i'd love it to be a post that can be repeated for another 1000 pages
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                  Hehe, I thought it was Denzel Washington. I must need glasses.

1000 PAGE HALLMARK GOES TO OSIRIS-RA !

HUGS TO YOU, AND ALL AROUND FOR SAMANDA'S 1000TH PAGE MILESTONE!

(Anyone got confetti? Balloons?)

Just sayin'.
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Another great sam eps, Seth

we get to see her confront her 'dark' side...the demon that jolinar left for her, the ability to kill with a though

sigpic

Comment

So many great posts in the last 24 hours that I've hit a milestone--completely locked out of the green jello fridge! Restorative "special" blue jello to all.

Do we have a record number of people on the thread? It's looking very busy down there.

Comment

yep, i'm locked out of the fridge myself too

given out too much rep in the past 24 hours

sigpic

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS, SAMANDA, 1000 PAGES !!!

HIC COMITAS REGIT

On Edit: AND CONGRATULATIONS ON 20,000 POSTS!!
                          Last edited by Dani76; 31 October 2005, 01:52 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

wooo page 1000

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              ok, let's pretend

if we were to have a 10 episode marathon for Samanda's Milennial Celebration, what 10 eps would you choose?

deadman's switch - it not only has some sam whumpage, but i LOVE aris. he's so much fun

foothold - in one word, girl power. Sam saves the day...and she does it pretty much by herself and outside of the chain of command.

tokra 1 & 2 - some lovelly sam angst and we get a glimpse into jolinar

Jolinar's mems and tdyk - still more insight into jols and we also get to see just how much her friends like and will work for her. they go to hell to save her dad...friends do that

itlod - the beginnig of sam's wonderful arc. and she does such a great job portraying herself as possessed

gemini - for as much as sam gets reamed for this, we get some great insight into her. we get a hint just how bad it was with fifth and we also get to see her try to deal with it. and two sams, no waiting.....AD is in heaven

death knell - i love whumped sam, i'm so bad. but i also love that she can take care of herself. except for one little miscalculation she almost took out a super soldier all on her own...something even teal'c hasn't managed to pull off

night walkers - yeah, it was a bit of an homage to x-files...but sam is in leather, and she gets to slap jonas. it's all fun

next???
                              May I add:

Entity – My Gods That Woman Can Glare! ::shudder:: (Olivia doesn’t have a chance when she hits adolescence – Mom will pull out the Entity glare and the teenager will cave.) And it’s a science fiction story – I keep hoping that the Entity was actually a Furling, and, someday Sam will get to use an unsuspected aftereffect of having been a living consciousness resident in a computer system. That’s just too science fiction a thing to let go on a science fiction show.

Covenant – I love Sam the reluctant government… persuader – she just doesn’t make it to enforcer mode – with Alec (Weird aside – the AV manager at my high school was named Alex Coulson. I spent this whole ep waiting for someone to rush into Coulson’s office with a broken slide projector.) and Sam the Air Force Spokesman on TV. And she got to fly the F-302!!!!!

Point Of View – Sam and Alter Ego Sam, so different and so – not. (And, once again, two Sam’s, no waiting, AD! ) And they need to resurrect that schematic of the thingy that Jack made to boost the power on the Gate. Who needs a ZPM when you have a schematic, the parts for the thingy, and Sam Carter?

Ascension – The original Orlin was such a good ‘half bubble off level’ alien, the honkin’ big space gun had that whole Buck Rodgers design vibe going, and I can easily imagine the scene where Jack tells Carter she can speak freely and she tells the boys just exactly what she thinks of their performance here.

New Order 1 & 2 – More great Amanda acting, Sam and Teal’c, Sam conniving and brilliant and strong and broken and defiant and persevering and promoted.

Threads – Sam finally makes it through all sorts of issues.
                              ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Osiris - just noticed your sig - Amanda said some postivie stuff about Gillian Anderson at the con

Comment

Working...
                                X