Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i don't watch atlantis, but i will when amanda's on. (i'd watch her in anything). but i sooooooooooooo hope they don't do sam/mckay ship! or with sam being in another galaxy, sam/other.
    Awww, as if no love for the Sam/McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      You mean Atlantis or something else Sky?

Personally I'd love to see her on Law & Order (SVU preferably) but whichever.. she'd rock the courtroom or the squadroom.. take yer pick.

She allegedly told RCC she had an offer for another series. Not sure what that means.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Cool! Go Amanda

Originally posted by minigeek
        She allegedly told RCC she had an offer for another series. Not sure what that means.
        sigpic

Comment

That's a good question chocdoc. One I think only Amanda herself can answer. I think fans should wait to hear from Amanda herself how she actually feels. On the flip side (heresay, read at your own risk)
          Spoiler:
          someone attending the con mentioned Amanda said (on stage) that she hadn't watched very many episodes of Atlantis and that she should probably start watching it if she was going to be on it. Heard she also said something to the effect of "you guys don't seem to be upset by the idea..." before they moved the topic of conversation on with new questions. Very likely everyone there was simply stunned by the news.
          Who really knows what the outcome will be? If they haven't finalized any storylines yet, there's nothing concrete to build speculation on. Once Amanda formally renews her contract (assuming she does renew it), there'll probably be more of a concrete nature to extraoplate from.

mini
          Well, I do hope that some people will tell Amanda Tapping how they feel about the notion of her splitting her time between the shows. I don't like the idea, but that's just me. If I'm reading the quote above correctly, it seems that she was looking for some kind of feedback. Anyway, all I'm saying is, if you're there, let her know how you feel about the idea. I don't care if you hate the idea, love it, or couldn't care less so long as she's happy. But speak up.

Comment

It does seem a poor way to treat someone, but it seems that is the way the entertainment industry works. Some actors get a lot worse treatment. I can't say it is a surprise though, they have deliberately ended all of Sam's story threads - Jacob is dead, Jack is gone, Cameron is leading the team, a lot of the science is being done by Bill Lee. They really haven't left anything for Sam to do.

Sad.
            Archeopuppy.

"The relationship between Jackson and O'Neill is a lot like what Michael and I are all about. It's light-hearted and intelligent, although he's much smarter than me."
            Richard Dean Anderson.

Comment

it means that she has the freedom to tell them to stuff it if she wants.

seh could choose to leave franchise and strike out on her own
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                If I'm reading the quote above correctly, it seems that she was looking for some kind of feedback.
                My kneejerk reaction was the same, golfbooy, but there's no real way to know for sure - and not being a Gabiteer, it might even be detrimental to allow ourselves to go overboard with speculation - as difficult as it might be not to. I know I'm sitting here as well, wondering a lot of things. Not posting most of them. There's a lot to be said for body language and all that other stuff that doesn't translate with quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  it means that she has the freedom to tell them to stuff it if she wants.
                  Well, yeah.

I meant, I'm not sure what series it is, or how appealing the offer is, etc etc.

Comment

I hope she accepts it. And then if MS gets that role, I'm pretty sure CJ won't
                    be back. They'll have no one to blame but themselves.

Sorry I'm a little bitter right now. But if AT's happy, that's all that matters.

Comment

She'll be great in anything she does, just like always. Sam's smarts and Jack's smarta$$ were what drew me to the show in the first place. I don't know if I can keep watching it now, because, well, it's just not that interesting. The first couple of shows without Jack and Sam were tough, but at least we knew Sam would be back to save the day (show) soon. I like Atlantis alright though. I hope Sam has fun there. And I hope Jack gets there too. Imagine the fishing he could do!
                      sig by PM

Comment

Ok I'm coming out of lurking to say.....keep the heads up Samanda! Amanda is a very talented actor and very respected so I feel confident she would be approach with offers. I would watch anything she was on....I'm not alone in this I know. It might not have come out the way Amanda meant it to so let's stay positive....

Thanks for posting news about Gabit!

Oh and here some friendship moments:

I've never posted pics here so I hope it works.

Cheers,

Jan
                        sigpic

Comment

*squees and claps giddiliy*

Yippee!!

*crosses fingers*

Please, let her have a gun, please, let her have a gun, pleeeeeeease lord, let her have a gun.
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I'm sure I'm deluding myself by thinking that this bonehead move isn't set in stone yet. Perhaps it will be so poorly received that things could change. Then again, we're still getting the space baby, so I doubt any level of criticism could return TPTB to any kind of sanity.

Still, it's an insult to Atlantis and its cast. And its an insult to the SG-1 team and its history. And its an incredible insult to Amanda Tapping, who is simply being used to carry two shows without proper credit for her efforts, both past and future. And it's an insult to Sam Carter, who apparently has no place in the Stargate Universe at this point.
                            she had s/j ship and commanding sg1 last season. and they've nixed them both. so now they're saying they don't know what to do with her?

well, if i were show running this show (not into the ground), i'd have had sam in a relay with jack (off screen the majority of the time) and sam leading sg1. and since they're not working around rda's schedule (which was unfairly blamed in my opinion), they could actually leave the sgc now. with sam leading sg1. wow, what a concept.

sally :/
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure I'm deluding myself by thinking that this bonehead move isn't set in stone yet. Perhaps it will be so poorly received that things could change. Then again, we're still getting the space baby, so I doubt any level of criticism could return TPTB to any kind of sanity.

Still, it's an insult to Atlantis and its cast. And its an insult to the SG-1 team and its history. And its an incredible insult to Amanda Tapping, who is simply being used to carry two shows without proper credit for her efforts, both past and future. And it's an insult to Sam Carter, who apparently has no place in the Stargate Universe at this point.

I've thought about this a little more, and I agree with you, golfbooy. AT is being used to carry both shows. Sure, in some ways this is a compliment that they think she can help with the ratings of both shows. Keep Sam in SG-1 so people who really are watching because she still is in the show will keep watching (RAISES HAND). Then, also have Sam in Atlantis, say 10 episodes, enough to get a larger audience their too. But what kind of credit will AT really get for this?

Just speculating---but maybe they are going to write Sam as the scientist that solves different problems on both shows. Maybe Sky is right too---maybe AT will already be set with Atlantis, which is the show that most likely will last much longer.

It's still rude though---I think they are using her POPULARITY and GOOD WILL, but in an inappropriate way. Gosh, I hope some GABIT attendees can tell how AT really feels about this. And I hope more discussion happens about this tomorrow at the Q & A.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Awww, as if no love for the Sam/McKay
                                don't pick on me today, AD... all you'll get is a corpse in the corner (me).

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X