• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
    My part in the ensuing hysteria:

SVala (Sam as Vala)
    VSam (Vala as Sam)

Svala: I TOLD you not to touch that..(trips, looks at herself.) Holy sh--!

VSam: Touch what? That - whoooa! What's the matter with me? My legs, my body doesn't work right!

SVala: Dammit, Daniel was right, you don't listen! Come on...(trips again, grabs VSam)

VSam: What...wait a minute! (stares at Svala, then at herself). What am I, what are you...

SVala: Oh NOW you want to listen. That thing I warned you about? It manipulates matter on the cellular level to transpose the basic elements from one living creature into another!

VSam: It switches one person into another? But you didn't say that! You just said, don't touch that!

SVala: You need an explanation of "don't touch that?"

VSam: Well, if you'd said that, I wouldn't have ever touched it, and wind up...like this!

SVala: Like what?

VSam: Like this, a-a boy! My god, you walk like Mitchell!

SVala: Oh, and I like being stuck in this spindly frame used to walking in vamp heels? Give me a break!

VSam: Spindly! Female, you mean. I'm wearing combat boots! I've never...

(Daniel walks in. VSam runs to him.)

VSam: Daniel, tell Samantha Carter I am NOT spindly! You like my body, right?
    ---

I'll have to work on Daniel's reaction! Cool idea!

Just sayin'.
    Priceless. OK, how about a popcorn fic?!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Okay I know I have not been around much lately. Work has been really busy, dealing with some pretty difficult situations at school. When I have time to get online for fun and drop in, to be honest with all that is going on currently if the thread is to negitive then I don't stay past reading a few post. Please don't take any offense to this but coming into the thread and talking about other boards is not my idea of a fun time. I have been to a number of other boards and yup some of the people there have opinions different from mine and some of them talk bad about other forums (but aren't we doing the same thing with some of our less than nice nicknames for other forums). Some days it reminds me a lot of dealing with kids at school and since I do that all day it's not what I want to do in my off hours. I try to remember that everyone has a right to their own opinion and if people are being negitive or rude when I disagree with their opinion then I'm free to leave. Getting into a name calling match does no good, in fact it usually just makes things worse. Trying to debate with someone that is being ugly or rude - well remember you can't change everyones mind - sometimes the best thing to do is say your peace and leave.

Okay sorry for the rant - but could we please be a little less negitive about other forums. You want to go there and leave posts about your views/opinion "hey go for it", I have but I don't try and beat a dead horse over the head with my views as the saying goes.

Remember this post is my opinion you are free to have a differing one
      I totally understand where you're coming from, tsax!

Sense a big "but" coming?

BUT... I have to say that, when I first started posting here WAAAY back in December (I think...), I told myself that this would be a short-term thing, and that I would only post every once in a while. There was absolutely NO way that I was as much of a fangirl as these other people! I planned on coming in a few times a month and doing my thing. That was it.

Riiiight. Nearly a year later, and I'm still hooked on this place. It's one of very few places where I post here on GW, despite the vast array of discussions. There have been "issues" in the past where we've gotten off-topic, but one of the cool things about Samanda is the fact that we can go off-topic, we can go on tangents, we can have discussions, and eventually - with a nice nudge from Sky - we can get back to the nature of this thread again. We can get back to our roots, so to speak.

Samanda is a living, breathing community. I think it's rather unique in comparison to the shipper threads or the thunk threads, because it's multi-faceted, and it has regular "citizens" of all persuasions. The only thing linking us together is our fangirl/fanboy idolization for Amanda Tapping/Sam Carter. Beyond that, there's so much more that we bring to the table!

I don't know about anyone else, but this has become a sort of haven for me. And I NEVER thought it would be that way. When there's something going on in the fandom that is just sooo frustrating, it's great knowing that I have allies who are willing to commisserate and come to battle with me - or, with their words of wisdom, put things in perspective for me.

I totally understand why you would like us to keep it positive, but I think we've done that so far. 90% of the time, kindness reigns here. And I think, with the amount of people who traverse this thread, that's all we can ask for!

Basically, I think Samanda's been fine. The negativity comes with the territory of it being a hiatus, where no one knows what to expect because a new episode hasn't aired, and we're getting conflicting news/spoilers. But, for the most part, with people like you and Sky, I think we can stay on track.

I, for one, will do my part in trying to keep the negativity off-thread from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
        HOORAY! SAMANDA'S ROYAL 1000TH PAGE CELEBRATION BALL BEGINS!

HELLO, EVERYBODY!
        THANKS FOR COMING TO OUR PARTY.
        ARE YOU READY? DON'T BE TARDY, LET'S GET IT JUMPIN', IT'S OUR PARTY!

Just sayin': my computer's sloooow tonight of all nights! Pre-hangover.
        Party - okay count me in
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Virgin poster here......... one of you guys invited us Sam/Thor shippers to pop in for your celebrations And we do love to party!
          But look........ Sam seems to have disappeared for a quick snog with her favourite alien.........

Roll on page 1000

Comment

Originally posted by Sha're
            Virgin poster here......... one of you guys invited us Sam/Thor shippers to pop in for your celebrations And we do love to party!
            But look........ Sam seems to have disappeared for a quick snog with her favourite alien.........

Roll on page 1000
            SAM/THOR SHIPPER IN THE HOUSE!

Welcome and thanks for that...nice entry, Sha're. Well, Sam is pretty open-minded. Gotta love her. Who knew Thor would...who knew! Fly by again, pics of our fave alien and his good taste in human females is very appreciated!

Just sayin', thanks, Sha're!
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

HOORAY! SAMANDA'S ROYAL 1000TH PAGE CELEBRATION BALL BEGINS!

HELLO, EVERYBODY!
              THANKS FOR COMING TO OUR PARTY.
              ARE YOU READY? DON'T BE TARDY, LET'S GET IT JUMPIN', IT'S OUR PARTY!

Just sayin': my computer's sloooow tonight of all nights! Pre-hangover.
              APOLOGIES TO MY FELLOW SAMANDANS!

Apparently the problem was worse, and I was booted off the 'net after only a few posts! So hoping I can get things back by the time I get home tonight. I'm making a quick fly-by post from work which is not quite allowed, but just this once.

Thanks all who've come in, please post again, and hopefully I'll be back tonight and the rest of the weekend.

!!Page 968, and we're rolling!

Just sayin'.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                When there's something going on in the fandom that is just sooo frustrating, it's great knowing that I have allies who are willing to commisserate and come to battle with me - or, with their words of wisdom, put things in perspective for me.

I totally understand why you would like us to keep it positive, but I think we've done that so far. 90% of the time, kindness reigns here.
                Spaz, so well articulated.

I'm the first person to step up to the plate and say it simply does not pay to start a war on a message board, and that walking away is the absolute best thing to do (and the most frustrating for the trolls). But sometimes, when you read something that just baffles the mind, it's really nice to know there's a place where you can stop by and say: can you believe this insanity? - share a smirk or a smile - before you move on with your life.

The difference (I see) in this thread, compared to almost all of the others I've ever seen so far, is that the folks who participate here try very hard not to instigate hatred or negativity, towards anyone, even setting aside the people who do the actual posting, the people here don't instigate hatred towards even the TV Characters, there's a fairly balanced sanity here.

I've personally had a reaction to reading some of the insanity that takes place externally to this forum/thread, and having tried to post a differing point of view I've been called names (in private messaging) and other such nonesense. Obviously, I didn't have a very positive experience in that othter forum as a result (one of them, claiming to be a 'journalist' even PMed me at one point to ream me out for disagreeing with her on an issue). So I stopped posting in that other forum for the most part. But it was soooo nice to be able to come here, as I would with any group of "friends", and say: Hey guys, not for nothing, but can you believe those bozos? I tried posting a simple comment and I got burned alive, what's up with that? Because something like that would never happen here. So it's an aberation, to those of us who try to post fair-mindedly elsewhere, the same way we're (obviously lucky to) be able to here.

This little forum is a little mini family online (which is neat), so when we share our experiences in this fandom (the good and the bad) with one another, I think it's a rare and safe privelege to feel 'safe' enough here to be able to do that, so that we don't end up fighting in a hopeless, silly flame war online. We can come here, share the experince, grab some SAmandan perspective, and take the high road, instead. Group therapy, I guess!

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally Posted by Queen Eleta
                  I don't think Sam and Orlin had sex. Landry had said they were 'intimate'. Doesn't always mean sex. I think the telepathic sharing that was between the two could be considered intimate.

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Exactly. completely agree. I don't think it was even intended (in the original episode) for the innuendo to even be present.
                  Delurking (Hi, gang! )to bring up ancient history - I'm only like, a thousand posts behind....

Ah, but that was then. This is now, and the season nine Newspeak is that Sam and Orlin had sex. (tongue pile-driven deeply into cheek)
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    here's a funny scenario.....can you imagine what would happen if Sam and Vala were to exchange clothes???? vala in bdu's and sam in...well sam in leather
                    Tee Hee!

Or a Freaky Friday scenario where the clothes don't move, just the personalities. Sam's in Vala's body and Vala in Sam's, but they can't tell anyone for some top-secret, all-life-in-the-galaxy-threatening reason. How would the boys react to smart and sensible Vala and sassy, OTT sexy Sam?
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Hi everyone! My first post here but Traveler Enroute1 invited me to post up a little gift to everyone in honor of your 1,000th page weekend! So lets get posting!

By: Krystina

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                        Tee Hee!

Or a Freaky Friday scenario where the clothes don't move, just the personalities. Sam's in Vala's body and Vala in Sam's, but they can't tell anyone for some top-secret, all-life-in-the-galaxy-threatening reason. How would the boys react to smart and sensible Vala and sassy, OTT sexy Sam?
                        LOLOL

that would be so funny

it harkens back to my one 'regret' about holiday. sam didn't get swapped. that is soooo unfair.

now the fic i've read is shippy, and smutty, but i've read some fic where sam switches places with jack....and then they 'do it'....nothing catches your attention like HER penis or HIS vagina

but yes, to get things back on topic, that would be funny. sam having to act like vala
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          LOLOL

that would be so funny

it harkens back to my one 'regret' about holiday. sam didn't get swapped. that is soooo unfair.

now the fic i've read is shippy, and smutty, but i've read some fic where sam switches places with jack....and then they 'do it'....nothing catches your attention like HER penis or HIS vagina

but yes, to get things back on topic, that would be funny. sam having to act like vala
                          Haha, I remember reading a rather amusing fic where Daniel and Sam had to switch bodies Daniel was having issues with it being 'that time of the Month', and Sam was having 'tent in the pants' problems

Comment

Hey all, sorry I won't be around to celebrate with you this weekend. I'm heading off for a weekend at a cabin in one of our beautiful state parks. I'm hoping for some nice fall color, but the leaves aren't very far along here, so I may be disappointed. Anyway, have a great time, and I look forward to catching up Sunday evening. Many hugs...

My LJ

Comment

As for all the great Sam & Vala story ideas, I would say they would be foolish not to capitalize on 2 such talented actresses. I think this even more so after just listening to the PU commentary. CB seems like a cool person as well as a talented actress. I can imagine the 2 of them as actors working well together. As much as (commentary spoiler)
                              Spoiler:
                              Mikita and Kindler were nauseating in their fawning over CB, to the exclusion of much else, *she* was complimentary to MS etc. & seemed to have her head on straight.
                              If only we had gotten a similar commentary for Grace. I think TBTB have gotten so used to AT's talent they take her for granted. Another reason why I'm glad a good chunk of Samandans will be showing their appreciation (on all our behalfs) for the talented Ms. T at GABIT.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                                Hi everyone! My first post here but Traveler Enroute1 invited me to post up a little gift to everyone in honor of your 1,000th page weekend! So lets get posting!

By: Krystina
                                SAM/JACK SHIPPER FAMILY IN THE HOUSE!
                                WELCOME TO SAMANDA, CATHAIN NOTTINGHAM

I just had to have our Samandans see your cool, er, hot, MMM-MMM! pics. Shippers abound here, do post again soon!

Just sayin', thanks for flyin' in, you come back, now!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X