Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
    <<condensed for space>>
    An experiment someone tried before (they were probably way better at it!) but here's how I imagined a "moment" with Sam and Vala:

Sam and Vala meet before a briefing, alone.

Vala: You're...what is that again, ah: Lt. Samantha Carter.
    Sam: That's Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter. You're Vala Malduran.
    Vala: Yes. Of course. Lt. Colonel. Titles mean a lot here.
    Sam: Especially when they're earned, yeah.
    Vala: Daniel speaks well of you, all accolades.
    Sam: I think Daniel's great, too. By the way, he speaks well of you, too.
    Vala: Really? No accolades?
    Sam: (Smile) A few. With Daniel, a little goes a long way.
    Vala: (softly) Not with everything. You're not what I expected, all know-it-allish.
    Sam: (laughs) Oh, I've got the lumps to prove I don't know it all!
    Vala: (smiles) So do I. Besides, knowing too much isn't healthy.
    Sam: Not as much as knowing too little! The trick is, share what you know with the right people.
    Sam & Vala: At the right time. (both laugh as SG1 enters)

Choppy, but they could work together. Imagine, they have to fight their way through enemies to save Daniel, Teal'c, Mitchell...OOkay, snap out of it.

Bringing the two together has been suggested before, and is really past due in the scheme of things (should have been done in Beachhead.) A blue and red jello campaign to TPTB?

Just sayin', one can only hope.
    AWESOME! *claps I'm with ya. Maybe we Sam/Vala fans should take this idea to Joe and the others.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Traveler Enroute1, it's just the way I've been raised. Maybe one day I'll break
      loose, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Jester is feeling quite sad ... instead of finishing packing, she spent the last hour composing a poem about GABIT and it was swallowed whole by some nasty GW glitch! Gone, completely gone! Not backed up ... lost forever!

May I just tell you that I was sharing my feelings about the coming event and how all of us going feel so lucky to be representing all of you here and I really have to get offline now ... it was a good poem, Samandans. And I am bereft! I wanted to leave town with all of you in mind ... and I still will, but I was giving you something back too.

Very sad ... thanks for all your many PMs and phone calls and good wishes for Coley, 1speed, Kat and myself and some other lurkers here like dipsofjazz who will be seeing Amanda this weekend.

I can't believe the poem is gone! Will try to report from London, over and out! Keep the home fires burning! Long live Samanda!
        ChopinGal, we feel the love! No doubt another poem will establish itself soon and all that you wanted to say will be said then!

See you after Gabit!

Just sayin'.
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
          {snipped}
          An experiment someone tried before (they were probably way better at it!) but here's how I imagined a "moment" with Sam and Vala:
          Sam and Vala meet before a briefing, alone.
          Vala: You're...what is that again, ah: Lt. Samantha Carter.
          Sam: That's Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter. You're Vala Malduran.
          Vala: Yes. Of course. Lt. Colonel. Titles mean a lot here.
          Sam: Especially when they're earned, yeah.
          Vala: Daniel speaks well of you, all accolades.
          Sam: I think Daniel's great, too. By the way, he speaks well of you, too.
          Vala: Really? No accolades?
          Sam: (Smile) A few. With Daniel, a little goes a long way.
          Vala: (softly) Not with everything. You're not what I expected, all know-it-allish.
          Sam: (laughs) Oh, I've got the lumps to prove I don't know it all!
          Vala: (smiles) So do I. Besides, knowing too much isn't healthy.
          Sam: Not as much as knowing too little! The trick is, share what you know with the right people.
          Sam & Vala: At the right time. (both laugh as SG1 enters)
          Sure, I would love that happening.

But they'll need to hire you to write it cuz cain't none of them do it, uh uh, nope, too bad, so sad.

So, are you going to send them your resume?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Okay...I've been giving this some thought and I've realized I've been dreading the idea of Vala on full time because I wondered if it was a way to overly sex up the show, turn it into the Daniel/Vala Hour once again and lessen Sam's involvement.

Then I really started giving some thought to an alternate scenario...What if Vala and Sam become really good friends?

This would accomplish several things I think. One, it would balance Vala off and add that extra dimension she'd need to be palatable as a regular cast member. Two, it would mean we'd have two strong women on the show...but not competing each other for the spotlight so to speak or at each other's throats. Three, Sam would have a good solid friendship with a woman...something we've lacked since Janet. Four, it would be the death of the whole sex kitten thing...because right now, Vala was there for one thing...to play off Daniel. So while I'm sure she'd say something inappropriate from time to time and elicit what I can imagine would be a hilarious response from Sam, it wouldn't be something that is pretty much who she is...just something she says or does once in a while. There's a difference between behavior and identity. Five...It would mean MORE Sam not LESS Sam because she'd be part of what would go down as a multifaceted and fun friendship rather than wallpaper watching what happens with Vala and whassisname.

Here's what I'd love too see. Sam and Vala kind of at odds at first...but then Vala gets into serious trouble and Sam saves her...sparking a strong friendship based at first on gratitude but then grows from their similarities and differences. Or heck, have Sam be in trouble and VALA rescues her. Whatever.

So kind of like how Daniel and Jack were friends who were almost exact opposites (once upon a time), a Vala and Sam friendship could have that kind of exact opposites friendship dynamic...plus think of their simularities? Two strong women who have both hosted a symbiote...but with completely different paths and conclusions.

There are OTHER reasons that I dare not mention here for fear of being pummelled into silence...but if you know me, you already know what they are.

So what do you think??? Are we on to something here or what???

it could work. it would take vala away from the sex kitten that seems to be her only purpose. and i like the idea of sam having another female friend. (i thought they were going for the sam-lam friendship angel at one time?)

and just think of the possibilities of sam and vala both dealing with the memories of being prior hosts.

it could work - for vala-teal'c ideas too - but the writers would need to pull away from Valarrella (think Barbarella).

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
              AWESOME! *claps I'm with ya. Maybe we Sam/Vala fans should take this idea to Joe and the others.
              My problem had been that I had been seeing them as an either/or...so if they bring in Vala, they must then lessen Sam's involvement in the show or worse...get rid of her...to appease the part of fandom who love and adore Vala/Dannyboy scenes above all else. (I know where this thought is coming from...*cough*the Dark Abyss*cough*...and I feared that this would only delight the living daylights out of those who hate Sam passionately for their own sick reasons and love one of the other original leading characters who shall REMAIN NAMELESS (but let's just say I'm not talking about Jack or Teal'c).

And I resented that idea to the limits I'll resent something fictional.

BUT...if they actually use this idea of building a strong Sam and Vala friendship with that same opposites attract thing that worked so well for Daniel and Jack's friendship (when they actually were different and distinguishable, one from the other) to add depth to her personna and make her someone with a personality that actually is sustainable longterm, then it's no longer a threatening scenario where Sam is the 5th wheel who sits back as the Vala/Dannyboy story progresses and only speaks up when technobabbly stuff has to be said or an either/or proposition where if Vala's there, Sam isn't.
              Last edited by Uber; 25 October 2005, 07:32 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by &#220;berSG-1Fan
                My problem had been that I had been seeing them as an either/or...so if they bring in Vala, they must then lessen Sam's involvement in the show or worse...get rid of her...to appease the part of fandom who love and adore Vala/Dannyboy scenes above all else. (I know where this thought is coming from...*cough*the Dark Abyss*cough*...and I feared that this would only delight the living daylights out of those who hate Sam passionately for their own sick reasons and love one of the other original leading characters who shall REMAIN NAMELESS (but let's just say I'm not talking about Jack or Teal'c).

And I resented that idea to the limits I'll resent something fictional.

BUT...if they actually use this idea of building a strong Sam and Vala friendship with that same opposites attract thing that worked so well for Daniel and Jack's friendship (when they actually were different and distinguishable, one from the other) to add depth to her personna and make her someone with a personality that actually is sustainable longterm, then it's no longer a threatening scenario where Sam is the 5th wheel who sits back as the Vala/Dannyboy story progresses and only speaks up when technobabbly stuff has to be said or an either/or proposition where if Vala's there, Sam isn't.

I can see why you were doing this---I was and am still at times doing this too! But the Dark Abyss is just that, a dark abyss that consists only of a small vocal minority---granted vocal, but small. Most regular folk and fans don't pit Sam and Vala against one another, IMO. Most like both actresses and characters (although yes there has been some anti-Vala sentiment around the internet--but again I think this sentiment is also of a minority). And the Dark Abyss (15-20 fans!) should not have influence whatsoever---nor for that matter should the anti-stuff going on in JM's blog (for example against Mitchell).

I really like your ideas about Sam/Vala interaction! It could be so fun to play this opposites attract interaction. (Don't know if the writers can do it like SunKrux stated though). If Vala becomes more integral to the show, she HAS to relate to ALL the characters, not just Daniel. IMO, they would lose so many viewers if it centered around just two characters---and it DEFINITELY would no longer be Stargate SG-1 because why it has succeeded for eight years is team chemistry -- and chemistry with the recurring cast as well! Vala has to have chemistry with Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell as well. If that doesn't happend and season 10 becomes the Daniel/Vala hour, please please send Sam to Atlantis---the more team-centered show as of late.

Comment

Ok, let's play with the presumption that Sam and Vala will both be in s10 and will not be mortal enemies

how would you

have them meet? have them work together? have them interact?

come up with a plot bunny or write a scene....how do you see sam and vala getting along?????

that can be the samanda assignment for the weekend for those of us not going to gabit
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                    From the Black Hole thats Sony:

#1 Today, 05:18 PM
                    walbrook
                    Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2005

Sam's electra complex
                    Aaaaaa! Aaaaaa! First I wake up to discover the cat barfed on my comforter overnight, and then I come to my happy place only to see a message from Walbrook. Aaaaaaaa! Aaaaaaaa!

My LJ

Comment

OK. REMIND ME not to visit the Sony Boards again. I keep telling myself I won't go back and then, just to make sure a very select few kind posting souls aren't being eaten alive, I end up just .... checking over there .... just popping in to read the subject headers. Just for a second ..... and I read >>> THIS <<< ..... and I think, I could respond. I really could, because there's no rational basis to this argument whatsoever. But, even if I did respond, there'd be no reasoning. No hope of success. It's the folks over there, not the arguments. I just.... I don't get it. I really, really, don't. People like this actually exist. I just........

mini (the utterly disgusted)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hey, minigeek, I'm reminding you not to go to the Sony board anymore!

That really seemed out of the blue to me. I don't see any of that in Sam.
                        sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                          Hey, minigeek, I'm reminding you not to go to the Sony board anymore!

That really seemed out of the blue to me. I don't see any of that in Sam.
                          Neither do I. But....maybe I get a different SG-1 in my area than they do. It'd be funny if it was only the one post, but those folks have hundreds just like it. Bah. Crazy people. No more Sony Boards for me.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            Ok, let's play with the presumption that Sam and Vala will both be in s10 and will not be mortal enemies

how would you

come up with a plot bunny or write a scene....how do you see sam and vala getting along?????

that can be the samanda assignment for the weekend for those of us not going to gabit
                            yeah i dont think that sama nd vala would get on great... but i would like to see more females in this male dominated series... but i love it anyways
                            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

how would you

I'd personally love to see an offworld episode with primarily the two of them, where they kind of grate on each other...kind of to the point where Vala tweaks and tweaks like McKay did leading to Sam losing her temper (those kinds of moments always crack me up because usually Sam's pretty reserved with her anger).

But then one or the other gets into serious jeopardy all the while continuing their banter but not as snarkily (perhaps now more comedic...like talk about men)...and then near the end one helps rescue the other at great personal cost (maybe seriously injured). Then at the end in the infirmary the nice close out scene with Daniel and Teal'c visiting...and Sam would make some sort of throwback comment about men...and Vala would say something about Daniel and they'd both be laughing...Daniel and Teal'c wouldn't know what the private joke was but Sam and Vala would as it fades to black and they're still smiling.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                OK. REMIND ME not to visit the Sony Boards again. I keep telling myself I won't go back and then, just to make sure a very select few kind posting souls aren't being eaten alive, I end up just .... checking over there .... just popping in to read the subject headers. Just for a second ..... and I read >>> THIS <<< ..... and I think, I could respond. I really could, because there's no rational basis to this argument whatsoever. But, even if I did respond, there'd be no reasoning. No hope of success. It's the folks over there, not the arguments. I just.... I don't get it. I really, really, don't. People like this actually exist. I just........

mini (the utterly disgusted)geek
                                Personally, I think your presence over there is very needed. And I'm sure we could find a few others who agree with me.

This is easier said than done, but try to remember that they're a bunch of wild apes and it's YOUR job to make sure that they don't screw up the WHOLE ZOO by giving the zookeepers some whacked out and bizarre point of view. Because once the zookeepers start to cater to these morons and take their views to heart, well...

You can just kiss the zoo goodbye. Forever.

Don't give up, mini(the determined)geek! Don't lose hope!!!

And that goes for everybody!

Comment

Working...
                                X