No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well yes. But she calls it jello. Just trying to fit in with Amanda!

(and I like red jelly. Just so's you know )

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Private Turkey...report to Captain Spaz for debriefing!!!

Okay here's a question for you all...and this does NOT have to be SG related here.

If you could each ask Amanda ONE question...what would it be? (oh and if someone else gives your question, don't repeat it...I'm making a list)...

If you could write and direct a Sam episode, how would it be ? What would be the ultimate Sam episode for you ?
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
        hopes no one here will hate her cause she loves both Vala and Sam

Just wanted to say HIYA! I love Sam, always have, always will, but I also love Vala and always will. No, I am NOT one of those Vala fans who want's Vala to replace Sam. I want Vala to be a character similar to Bra'Tac and Jacob/Selmak, coming back once in a while. Otherwise, I'd get bored with her. Small doses are best.

Oh yeah, as to those who say negative things, don't listen to them. They're just jealous.

I also wanted to say...

That was a funny eema caption! Thanks!
        What's not to love with a terrific banner like yours! Yes, AT and CB would be a wonderful combination in future episodes *if* the big boys were ready to portray Vala as something more than window dressing. These are two actors capable of some great moments ... let's hope we get them!

Welcome to Samanda ... where the women are bright and the men are supportive!

Comment

Okay, silly non-PC me ... but I can't resist:

Jack: "Sorry, Carter, I should have remembered that they go on your shoulders, not across your chest."

Sam: "It's quite alright, sir, I hope you don't mind my correcting your trajectory. We must follow the regulations."

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Private Turkey...report to Captain Spaz for debriefing!!!

Okay here's a question for you all...and this does NOT have to be SG related here.

If you could each ask Amanda ONE question...what would it be? (oh and if someone else gives your question, don't repeat it...I'm making a list)...

I'm going to repost, in case my question got lost in the shuffle:

What is Sam's guilty pleasure?(And no it doesn't have to be Jack...not that I'd mind...
            sigpic

Comment

question for Amanda:

If she could go back and change one episode, or one scene from one episode, something that didn't quite go like she personally would have liked, what would it be and why?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                hopes no one here will hate her cause she loves both Vala and Sam

Just wanted to say HIYA! I love Sam, always have, always will, but I also love Vala and always will. No, I am NOT one of those Vala fans who want's Vala to replace Sam. I want Vala to be a character similar to Bra'Tac and Jacob/Selmak, coming back once in a while. Otherwise, I'd get bored with her. Small doses are best.

Oh yeah, as to those who say negative things, don't listen to them. They're just jealous.
                Welcome to the thread, SunKrux!!

Yes, jealousy sounds about right!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                  Welcome to the thread, SunKrux! I'm pretty new here as well and don't post much because, honestly, I can hardly keep up. But it makes for wonderful reading when I do a marathon catch-up. Everyone here is very cool.

Looking forward to more of your posts, when you can!!!

Amanda question: what medium do you use in your painting, and do you still get a chance to play on your guitar?

Comment

Ok, sorry that I dropped off the face of the planet Gateworld for a few weeks. That wasn’t intentional! I got bogged down in RL, in specific, study. So hopefully I’ll catch up with you all a little now. I am a little disappointed to see that Astro doesn’t appear to have posted again since she last came back. I know she’s busy, but I just miss.... everything about her. There’s also a distinct lack of Madam President. Is MajorSam ever coming back? I thought she used to have fun posting on this thread, but I haven’t heard a word from her for sooooooo long. Longer than just her military and acting and all the stuff she keeps so busy with. And how about my twin? Charlie? Where are you?
                    Meanwhile I’m a little overwhelmed since noticing that I got tagged for the next part in the story. *blushes*. Gosh, you tagged me? Me? And now I feel all guilty because I’ve been holding the story chain up for so long.
                    I tried starting something like this a long time ago, it’s what ended up being the “Lost Elder” trilogy. I’m glad someone else has started one up again, it’s good fun.

Once upon a time, not too long ago (and not too far away, thanks to the Internet) there was a town called Samanda. In that town were many different kinds of people who had many different jobs. But they all believed in upholding the ultimate motto of the town: Hic Comitas Regit.

And in that fair town dwelt a wide variety of delightful, intelligent, insightful and thoroughly comedic citizenry...and then there was Mary Beth...but I digress. And the land was filled with peace and harmony and joy radiated throughout the kingdom...until lo and behold...

Strangers appeared one morning, the golden dawn at their backs as they walked into the fair town of SAmanda. They were greeted with curiosity, Jerin watched them walk by as she drew water from the well while AD trailed them, his sharp eyes watching their every move. Undaunted by the quiet welcome, the strangers walked calmly through the town, their destination clear...the shining castle of Queen Amanda.

Approaching the gate, the strangers were stopped by the crossed swords of the Royal Guards Strix and 1Speed.
                    "Who goes there?" Strix said.
                    "State your buisness," said 1Speed.
                    The strangers stopped, a nervous look on their face...

Meanwhile AD slipped inside, intent on informing the Queen about a possible breach in security...

Knowing that it was yet early and that his fair Queen would still be partaking of her morning bath, AD headed immediately for the royal chambers.

"Deepspace," he cried as he spied the royal page entering the Queen's chambers. "I have an urgent message for Her Majesty!"

Outside at the gate, Strix and 1Speed eyed the strangers warily, suspecting trouble.

Finally, one of the strangers spoke. "My name is Lightsaber..."

Tag, you're on, deepspace!
                    “And what kind of a name is that? Sounds more like a title to me”, 1speed whispered to Strix.
                    “What is your business here at the great gates of Samanda?” Strix demanded of the strangers.
                    “We wish to speak only to her majesty”, came the reply from the taller of the strangers.
                    Then the one who had introduced himself as Lightsaber spoke again. “You may or may not be aware of our purpose here. We are the jedi knights of this planet, and have dealings with the queen of Samanda.”
                    “Oh really, I think you’ll find that our queen is quite capable of looking after herself and....”
                    one of the strangers slapped 1speed mid-sentance.
                    “I think you will find that we are not here to protect your queen,” boomed the shadier looking of the jedi. “Your queen, in fact, has been training us in the ways of the Force.”
                    1speed found himself pinned against the wall with a large hand clasped around his throat. At least, it felt like a large hand, though all that seemed to be in front of him was air. The Force... He vaguely remembered a photo of the queen wielding a lightsaber, Agent Dark had shown it to him many months ago. Surely though, she would not mix with these folk, who seemed to hold none of the honour code of any true jedi.
                    “Who do you serve?” demanded Strix. “Are you servants of the Dark Side? Sure doesn’t feel like yous are all friendly and the like.”
                    “You will co-operate with us or suffer...” came the voice from the hood.
                    “Hic Comitas Regit. We cannot allow you to pass.”

Meanwhile, a flurried young royal page was dashing at above-the-speed-of-light to pass on the message to the queen. Bursting through the door of the royal bathing house, she came upon the queen in her bathrobe towelling dry her short blonde hair. Nomatter what the style, Sam always looked so pretty. Deepspace made a small self-concious gesture with her hand to hide her own plain and geeky face, before remembering her mission and reporting to her queen officially.
                    “Your majesty, we have a problem...”

Coley, your tagged (cause it’s been too long since I got to read any of your creative writing) (hint hint: I miss the newspaper, so meanwhile I’m going to make you write some story)

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I was particularly interested by some of the righthanded/lefthanded discussion a few pages back, about Sam wearing her watch on her right hand, and switching weapon hands. I’ve always found this a fascinating thing to observe in groups of people. I for one am definitely right handed. I’m a clutz with my right hand, but I’m a COMPLETE clutz with my left hand. However I like wearing my watch on my right hand. This is of course not counting the bizzare phaze I went through of wearing two watches, one on each hand. However, how many people who are left handed wear their watch on their left hand?

and this is my 400th post
                      Last edited by deepspace; 04 October 2005, 07:08 AM.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Gosh, I’m getting all nervous about Gabit now. It’s so exciting. And that’s just plain weird because I’m not even going. But it’s almost like just because I know people who are, I have this little link to the event, to Amanda, even though I’ll never be a part of it. I think the internet is really great that way, that people can at least hear a little about something like Gabit, even if it’s on the other side of the world. You guys are going to have such an awesome meetup too. Samandans meeting, face to face, wow! You Brits are lucky. And even Kat is going? Wow. I’m all hyper for no good reason. I hope people keep Blogs or livejournals or something!!!! Something!!!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

tsax: OT: If you are a firefly fan I highly recommend seeing "Serenity" - I went with several friends last night and we loved it so much we are going again today.
                          Me! Me! I’m a firefly fan, and I’ve been waiting for the movie for months. I loved Serenity! It is a truly brilliant sci-fi movie, whether you’ve seen the series or not! So I stongly reccomend it to anyone who likes science fiction!

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Oh no, what have I done!

I posted too soon. So sorry. Please forgive me. I should never have continued the story without finishing going through all the pages.
                            Plus I obviously didn't understand some in joke about the lightsabre guy. Oh deepspace, why are you so dumb sometimes.
                            *goes bright red with embarrassment*

NC: After reading some of the posts today, I thought I'd bring up the story we started earlier. If I recall correctly, dancer started it and the "rules" are to add three lines and tag someone to continue the story. Strix was last up and tagged deepspace, but we haven't heard from ds in a while. I apologize, deepspace, for going out of turn, but couldn't resist adding to the story.

Once upon a time, not too long ago (and not too far away, thanks to the Internet) there was a town called Samanda. In that town were many different kinds of people who had many different jobs. But they all believed in upholding the ultimate motto of the town: Hic Comitas Regit.

And in that fair town dwelt a wide variety of delightful, intelligent, insightful and thoroughly comedic citizenry...and then there was Mary Beth...but I digress. And the land was filled with peace and harmony and joy radiated throughout the kingdom...until lo and behold...

Strangers appeared one morning, the golden dawn at their backs as they walked into the fair town of SAmanda. They were greeted with curiosity, Jerin watched them walk by as she drew water from the well while AD trailed them, his sharp eyes watching their every move. Undaunted by the quiet welcome, the strangers walked calmly through the town, their destination clear...the shining castle of Queen Amanda.

Approaching the gate, the strangers were stopped by the crossed swords of the Royal Guards Strix and 1Speed.
                            "Who goes there?" Strix said.
                            "State your buisness," said 1Speed.
                            The strangers stopped, a nervous look on their face...

Meanwhile AD slipped inside, intent on informing the Queen about a possible breach in security...

Knowing that it was yet early and that his fair Queen would still be partaking of her morning bath, AD headed immediately for the royal chambers.

"Deepspace," he cried as he spied the royal page entering the Queen's chambers. "I have an urgent message for Her Majesty!"

Outside at the gate, Strix and 1Speed eyed the strangers warily, suspecting trouble.

Finally, one of the strangers spoke. "My name is Lightsaber..."

Strix and 1Speed went to full alert mode, recognizing this name from the list of persons who had maligned the queen. 1Speed called out to Tok’Ra Hostess, lurking nearby. “Find Über, she’s an expert at dealing with this one.”

Sensing he was in trouble, Lightsabre held up his hands in defense. “Please, do not hurt us. We came because we read in a creator’s blog that your queen is sharing command with the newcomer and…”

Coley, consider yourself tagged.
                            ps: funny coincidence that we both chose Coley to tag next.

by the way, what the hell has happened to the gateworld posting/editing system since I last came on here???

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                              Gosh, I’m getting all nervous about Gabit now. It’s so exciting. And that’s just plain weird because I’m not even going. But it’s almost like just because I know people who are, I have this little link to the event, to Amanda, even though I’ll never be a part of it. I think the internet is really great that way, that people can at least hear a little about something like Gabit, even if it’s on the other side of the world. You guys are going to have such an awesome meetup too. Samandans meeting, face to face, wow! You Brits are lucky. And even Kat is going? Wow. I’m all hyper for no good reason. I hope people keep Blogs or livejournals or something!!!! Something!!!
                              Hello Little Page ... it's always a bright day when you return to our midst!

Read through some of the back pages and you'll be able to catch up with some of our GABIT planning ... I do plan to keep a travel diary and put my photos up online when I get back. And not only Kat, but Coley and 1speed and dipsofjazz are coming too!

Go to the GABIT Attendees thread too - it's starting to get a bit crazy there with the countdown and all! There is now talk of "orange wigs for the disco party" ...

We will be remembering our fellow Samandans all weekend!

And I'm delighted that you and NC have tagged Coley for some of her great writing - I miss the Oh Yea What Say Times too.

Comment

Happy 400th Post to our Little Royal Page who has the Biggest Royal Heart!

Comment

Working...
                                X