No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A while ago, Coley inspired (is that the right word???) this Felger/Vala mental image in my admittedlty... odd... brain, and now, Skydiver has inspired an equally disturbing McKay/Vala image - and the two images are interacting - and now I have this whole new SG team in my mind: Coombs, Lee, Felger, Vala, and Chloe - Colonel Simmons in charge, McKay consulting, Hermiod commentating, and everyone complaining. SG-86, something hinky this way comes.

We all feel safer with you guys way, way over there...

(I can just see Sam organizing them now: "If you don't all shut up, I am not getting any of your butts out of this mess you've made! Put the doll down, Felger! Put the silverware back, Vala! Stop whining, Lee! Coombs, stop blubbering! Chloe! Leave Felger alone! Cork it, McKay! And Hermiod - get your sticky little fingers off my P90 NOW!")

Ibuprofen. I need ibuprofen...
    ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      on the show, i very much like friendship all around.
      absolutely, so do i. but the friendship between sam and teal'c interests me more than the friendship between sam and daniel or jonas. it's a much more complicated friendship for starters. i imagine that by knowing sam, teal'cs view of women would have changed a lot. i know that he was different from most jaffa anyway, but he still lived in an opressive society, for more than half a century, in which women were pretty much dismissed and thought of in fairly unrealistic terms. he never would have thought a woman to be either a scholar or a warrior before he met sam. and sam is probably the most intelligent person he has ever met, female or not. sam most likely changes his entire perspective, and he developed such an obviously huge amount of respect and admiration for her and she knows it. if she didn't then she never would have been so comfortable leaning on him for support in episodes like "paradise lost" or "heroes".

her relationship with daniel is so much easier. they have similar enough backgrounds, and personalities, its fairly easy, and fun. just not as interesting to me.

her relationship with jack is far from easy, but i see her being on guard around him for very different reasons, which i can discuss (and have done) at length in the s/j thread.

and her friendship with jonas was easy too. how could anyone not like jonas. don'tcha just wanna hug'im. i'm kidding. not about the hugging part, the easy part. the only conflict with jonas was, her instinct to resent him because of what happened to daniel, but he proved himself to her, and she's pretty much an amazing person so she got past it, and once she gave him a chance it was easy. i see her relationship with jonas a little bit like the one she had with orlin. he was like a little brother type figure in similar ways, only i did see that their could have been more to it, because jonas wasn't child like as orlin was, so their was the potential for a deeper connection.

in many ways, sam is the most developed and hence most interesting character on the show to me. maybe thats just because i admire so much of her character, that i aspire to be as good a person as she is, or maybe its because she's probably the best written female in sci fi, or maybe its because i'm a girl so i just feel that i can identify more with a girl or just want to. i don't know.
      anyway, this has gone way beyond my original point, but sometimes when i start to type i just lose it and can't stop.
      i'm gonna stop now.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
        (I can just see Sam organizing them now: "If you don't all shut up, I am not getting any of your butts out of this mess you've made! Put the doll down, Felger! Put the silverware back, Vala! Stop whining, Lee! Coombs, stop blubbering! Chloe! Leave Felger alone! Cork it, McKay! And Hermiod - get your sticky little fingers off my P90 NOW!")
        *rolls on the floor, laughing with tears*

Classic
        - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
        Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

she is the greatest because without her Jack would not be funny, and the best episode is there is too many, any where there is an inkling that jack and sam will get together!

Comment

Oooohhhh man.

Sam, McKay, Felger AND Dr. Lee?

Well then we'd have to add Zelenka. And probably a coupla other people...

PS... Anybody know an EntropicCascadeFailure?

Heh heh. Let me guess...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Oooohhhh man.

Sam, McKay, Felger AND Dr. Lee?

Well then we'd have to add Zelenka. And probably a coupla other people...

PS... Anybody know an EntropicCascadeFailure?

Heh heh. Let me guess...
              LOL!

Well if you're talking about an event from a season 3 episode, then of course!

Otherwise, no clue.

Really. None whatsoever.

And no, in case you're wondering, it's not me.

Sorry folks, private joke.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                LOL!

Well if you're talking about an event from a season 3 episode, then of course!

Otherwise, no clue.

Really. None whatsoever.

And no, in case you're wondering, it's not me.

Dude. You act as if I've never seen "Space Race" before, and that truly insults me.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                  Funniest... *snort* Hypothetical scene... Ever!

Comment

lol, I've just noticed your sig Spaz - that your Pilot!Jock OT3?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      lol, I've just noticed your sig Spaz - that your Pilot!Jock OT3?
                      Sweet, merciful... If I had known that THAT was an option, I would have had Lys photoshop Sam's face out and put mine in!

Otherwise... No. I'm into the one-on-one interaction, my friend!

Though I do have crossover fantasies that involve these three kicking some major tail in the sky. And Sam doesn't have to ride shotgun anymore.

May she never have to do so again.

Comment

Sweet, merciful... If I had known that THAT was an option, I would have had Lys photoshop Sam's face out and put mine in!

Otherwise... No. I'm into the one-on-one interaction, my friend!

Though I do have crossover fantasies that involve these three kicking some major tail in the sky. And Sam doesn't have to ride shotgun anymore.

May she never have to do so again.
                        Haha

I've read a Sam/Sheppard fic before too It's not a bad pairing either
                        Yet to find a Sam/Cam one though

Comment

Here's just some great Sam pictures and moments because...well...because...

HEY, do I REALLY need a reason???

SAM: Even if there was potential for something more ... and I'm not saying that there is err ... our military positions, and the very nature of our jobs wouldn't allow for it. *swallows hard...kinda nods...definitely nervous*

BREGMAN: So ... what are all these blinking lights about ... for example what are those lights over there.
                          SAM: Err well; this monitors the gates massive power consumption required for generating Outgoing wormholes.
                          BREGMAN: Uhm ...
                          SAM: Interestingly, in our study of off-world DHDs we found that our gate actually draws 10% more wattage than offworld gates, now that far exceeds any potential loss due to our manmade interface...

SAM (continued): We think it has to do with the way the superconductive crystals inside the gate absorb electrical energy, but we're also trying to demonstrate that the DHDs are some how producing a purer more efficient source of power. *Sam's all giddy and the crew is dumbstruck*

BREGMAN: Could we get a shot of the gate spinning?
                          SAM (pauses, clearly irked): Yeah...sure...it's really cool; steam comes out of it and everything.

LOL!

How on earth could anyone NOT love this woman??? It's beyond my comprehension.

She's just a gem I tell ya...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Haha

I've read a Sam/Sheppard fic before too It's not a bad pairing either
                            Yet to find a Sam/Cam one though
                            Sam/Sheppard
                            Heh heh... I totally saw it during AT/JF's little Get-in-the-Gate sweepstakes commercials. They were both majors at the time. Heh heh. Now they're both Lt. Colonels. I have a sick mind sometimes, I've realized.

Sam/Cam?
                            They're out there, blast it all. I've been unlucky enough to stumble upon them. It's like a train wreck. You just can't help but read the whole way through. And when it's over, you feel guilty and... dirty.

And no, I will NOT provide links, AD. I burned them outta my memory as soon as I got the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Here's just some great Sam pictures and moments because...well...because...

HEY, do I REALLY need a reason???

SAM: Even if there was potential for something more ... and I'm not saying that there is err ... our military positions, and the very nature of our jobs wouldn't allow for it. *swallows hard...kinda nods...definitely nervous*

BREGMAN: So ... what are all these blinking lights about ... for example what are those lights over there.
                              SAM: Err well; this monitors the gates massive power consumption required for generating Outgoing wormholes.
                              BREGMAN: Uhm ...
                              SAM: Interestingly, in our study of off-world DHDs we found that our gate actually draws 10% more wattage than offworld gates, now that far exceeds any potential loss due to our manmade interface...

SAM (continued): We think it has to do with the way the superconductive crystals inside the gate absorb electrical energy, but we're also trying to demonstrate that the DHDs are some how producing a purer more efficient source of power. *Sam's all giddy and the crew is dumbstruck*

BREGMAN: Could we get a shot of the gate spinning?
                              SAM (pauses, clearly irked): Yeah...sure...it's really cool; steam comes out of it and everything.

LOL!

How on earth could anyone NOT love this woman??? It's beyond my comprehension.

She's just a gem I tell ya...

This is your version of meth, isn't it?

Comment

And no, I will NOT provide links, AD. I burned them outta my memory as soon as I got the chance.
                                Wha?!?!?! Not even a PM?

*wants to read Sam/Cam*

Comment

Working...
                                X