No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In hindsight, I wish Vala had been another soldier, or someone of a soldier mentality, even if she was an alien. It definitely would have provided more opportunities for her to interact with Teal'c, Cameron and, of course, Sam. How many female soldiers (who are not Jaffa) have we seen over the years? Five?

Still, if I'm completely honest with myself, if Vala had been a straight-laced soldier, I probably would have felt even more "threatened" and uneasy by her presence, wondering if Sam was actually gonna get the comeback welcome she deserved. Vala (and CB) came with a rabid audience. I think I would have worried about the two characters being too alike, and she really would have looked like some kind of shoddy replacement. Does that make sense?

Still... A little more depth in Origin, TTTB, and TPTB would have been excellent.

Comment

Darn, you guys didn't get the Royal Liquor cabinet open in time for me to imbibe last night & now I'm at work. But we seem to have calmed down a bit since last night--back from the edge. I just have to say that given the previous discussion I'm more glad than ever that we sent the blue jello at the start of the season. --And the book for AT.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        And on a happier note, here you go folks, the final runoff to pick Samanda's flag. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17252
        I can't get the second link to work.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          I can't get the second link to work.
          The forum shortens links in normal posts she has accidentally copy/pasted the link with ... in it instead of the link target - shes offline now I am sure she will fix it when she comes back online
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i think being vague is the wussy way out.

question - oh, should we get sam and jack together? if we do, some will be upset. if we don't, some will be upset. what shall we do?

answer - nothing. we ignore the issue.

question - oh, who will be the leader of sg1? if it's sam, mitchell fans will be upset. if it's mitchell, sam fans will be upset. whatever shall we do?

answer - nothing. ignore the issue.

question - do you think the viewers will notice that we haven't explained what jack is doing or where he is?

answer - they might notice, but viewers have short attention spans and will forget quickly. but if they don't, we'll just ignore the issue.

question - shall we explain in detail what sam was doing while away?

answer - no. why waste screen time when we can write fun vala?

question - should we explain why sg1 disbanded?

answer - hello! ignore.

question - should we--

answer - stop asking me questions.

question - but--

answer - no.

question - bu--

answer - ignoring you.

sally
            Ha! Ha! You are so right! And, I also think you've explained why we should expect them to.....do as little as possible on any current or future issue!

Comment

Hey, if anyone think we're one big family in this thread rase yer hand! (raises hand).

Yeah, I do think we're a really nice family here. We live in Peace, are fans of the (personal oppionion) purdyest (prettyest) woman of Canada. Only one question; When's neighbor Sam back? I really get the feelin' Sam can be yer neighbor or (if she was a teacher) your collegue. I wish I could grab the Sam character (the "seeing, hearing, enjoy, the sphere when she's seen) and put her in a house near me. Sometimes she's the only reason I'll watch stargate.

See Amanda, we love you (and yes, of some ya can take that love very serious (blushes very much). as an actress, person and as Samantha Carter.

The birth of Olivia, when you held her in yer arms for the very first time, that moment, that joy, is one of the gifsts you diserve for yer hard work, give us such a sweet, nice, cozy character (Sam Carter), fun in life, good wife, and God know's what else. And by every fan that comes with supporting you, it's a thumbs up^, your doin' a great job. And every positive letter, word, reaction you get is a, see, ya don't hear the critics, cause we support you, ALWAYS! I'm sure Olivia's not gonna be the end of the diseruved joys, and gifts, only a temporally stop, an index to say; this is what you have right now, and there's more to come. And the next day , the praises come in again! They open the doors a bit more, so more adoration and support floates in!

Whatever your gonna do in the future, your gonna do it great!
              Every Sam and Amanda fan'll say; we support you!

Yes, you do give back a lot, like that cameo in Avalon Part 1, for me; it was tottaly unexpected, thank you, for that tiny whole in yer busy schetsual. Thank you, for the "A weekend with Amanda and her fans". I don't know a lot of the celebrities, but (as far as I know) yer the first to do that.

So go forward beautiful Angel, sweet person who's an example for everyone, that you may be known in all over the world, as a happy, always herself, funny , great voices makin' gift from Heaven.

Daivy

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Speaking of last night's discussion, I got a few minutes with Photoshop today. Here are two posters (one picture, two captions, actually) born of that discussion. Take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  Speaking of last night's discussion, I got a few minutes with Photoshop today. Here are two posters (one picture, two captions, actually) born of that discussion. Take your pick.

The second one was different and surprised me - it was a nice surprise though

Whats the thing above the 'when'?
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...terfortptb.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ormitchell.jpg
                    Outstanding posters. I like both since they are unique and spot on each in their own way. So true. Great job!!!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      i think being vague is the wussy way out.

question - oh, should we get sam and jack together? if we do, some will be upset. if we don't, some will be upset. what shall we do?

answer - nothing. we ignore the issue.

question - oh, who will be the leader of sg1? if it's sam, mitchell fans will be upset. if it's mitchell, sam fans will be upset. whatever shall we do?

answer - nothing. ignore the issue.

question - do you think the viewers will notice that we haven't explained what jack is doing or where he is?

answer - they might notice, but viewers have short attention spans and will forget quickly. but if they don't, we'll just ignore the issue.

question - shall we explain in detail what sam was doing while away?

answer - no. why waste screen time when we can write fun vala?

question - should we explain why sg1 disbanded?

answer - hello! ignore.

question - should we--

answer - stop asking me questions.

question - but--

answer - no.

question - bu--

answer - ignoring you.

sally
                      LMAO!! Somehow, I can picture that meeting....
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Here's my Demotivator for the day:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

that wishes poster is beyond brilliant. and i like both of the hazards ones, but i think i like the second one a little more. good job.

Comment

Comment

etcetera lol
                              love Torri

Comment

Another Demotivator:

I'm a BAD girl...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X