Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good Uber - If you need any help with anything feel free to ask
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      What software will your forum run? vBulletin, Invision or phpBB?

You should test the site in IE, Firefox and Opera - if you know anyone with a mac get it checked in Safari aswell

A detailed biography would be nice the one on www.amandatapping.com is good but its a bit short

You should have screencaps of SG eps - I think it would be better to have screencaps of all the eps not just the Sam bits as that will be more usuful when discussing an episode

You could scan articles about Sam/Amanda and put them in a special section

Will you be having an rss feed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(protocol)

A fanwork section would be nice aswell

I have an idea which is slightly strange but someone here made a pdf of the Amanda appreciation book that Astro made - a web-based slideshow of it would be really cool I think

Will let you know when I think of more
      These are good suggestions, Qasim. Could you have a links page to other AT/Sam resources? Like Sam wallpaper collections, Sam fics, Sam lists, etc.?
      There's a lot of stuff out there; some really good sites, but I haven't seen one site that links them all together yet.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        These are good suggestions, Qasim. Could you have a links page to other AT/Sam resources? Like Sam wallpaper collections, Sam fics, Sam lists, etc.?
        There's a lot of stuff out there; some really good sites, but I haven't seen one site that links them all together yet.
        Excellent suggestion Strix - a Sam directory would be very cool indeed

How about some type of Sam wiki or omnipedia?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Excellent suggestion Strix - a Sam directory would be very cool indeed

How about some type of Sam wiki or omnipedia?
          Actually that's exactly what the site will include...plus a way for people to rate other resources, and make comments about them...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

How about after every episode allow people to submit a short review about their opinion of the ep in terms of Sam
            love Torri

Comment

Okay so I have just read the last two pages and I thought I would throw out my 2 cents worth. I will apologize in advance.

I have never been so worked up over one show in my entire life. There were other shows which I recorded every episode, but never have I ever gone to a forum or written fanfics for a show until Stargate. I keep reminding myself this is just a show. However, every time I come to GW and read the latest spoilers or JM's responses for S9 I fly off in a tangent.

I am soooo glad AT/Sam is back, but I am concerned that the spoilers that I have heard are not fairing well for my favorite character. Here is just one of my many tangents ... Okay TPTB knew AT would be out for 5 or 6 episodes with the birth of her daughter, who did arrive late bless her heart. I also undertand that AT will have some adjustments to make being a new full time working mom (it's not easy). I'm not saying Stargate should turn into the Sam Carter show, but I think TPTB are not doing justice to the character they have been developing and fans have come to admire, look up to, etc. If AT is in fact working 14 to 16 hour days, then give the woman something to do! Don't push her to the background along side Teal'c because you have 4 character that you are just getting around to introducing.
              Spoiler:
              instead of actually developing the new character while AT was gone they decide to turn Stargate into Daniel/Vala show. Now why did they remove Sam as leader of SG-1 if they weren't going on any missions as a team until after she got back??? Mitchell didn't lead the team in the first episodes. They could have explained that Sam was helping the Asgard or she had taken a month off to help Cassie (Sam had plenty of comp time due to all the hours she worked to be believable).

They put someone else in charge of SG-1, but yet the team didn't actually come together until after Sam got back. So then why did she lose command, if they were going to wait until she got back to return to "SG-1" anyways? They had Jack (who I dearly miss, and think the send off for that character is the worst in TV history) remain as leader of SG-1 despite his reduced schedule. Could they not have done the same for AT/Sam. So the whole leadership thing as me angry. Also, all the Vala center episodes and unfortunately they continue have me turning the TV off. Vala is okay in small doses, but the team disappears when she is there.
              okay rant is over. Sorry I'm usually a positive person, but S9 brings the worst out of me. I'll go hide in my corner.

Comment

Uber - how about a page indexing this thread it would be easier than going to the index post http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...page=442&pp=20
                love Torri

Comment

Has anyone ever done a favourite Sam hairstyle poll?
                  You should be able to find a few threads on this. I believe the elders have spoken and we're not to do such frivolous stuff here in Samanda.
                  Of course, why bother when our Queen looks good however she does her hair?

Comment

*sigh* Anybody else felt that if you blinked, you'd miss Sam?

Thank goodness she'll be more prominent in the finale.
                    sigpic

Comment

i think teal'c, heck i think chevron dude had more lines than she did.

but hey, she was probably taking time with olivia so.....i'll deal
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        *sigh* Anybody else felt that if you blinked, you'd miss Sam?
                        Babylon
                        Spoiler:
                        No kidding. It seemed like a waste of Amanda's time.

Comment

So that was Babylon...Oh Boy!
                          Spoiler:
                          I am a bit disappointed. I know it was time to have an episode for Mitchell, and even though I am beginning to like Mitchell (which doesn't mean that I don't miss Jack dearly), I really would have liked some more team action and some more Sam action.
                          I mean, there were some real options for Sam to be involved. For example, they found this transporter machine thing, which Sam and a team were trying to figure out. Why just talk about it and not show it? We could have seen Scientist Sam in action. I know there is only so much time in one episode, but they could have left out some of the other stuff.
                          And then when Mitchell came back and we had an "unscheduled off-world activity" - no Sam anywhere. Remember the good old times? Whenever there was an unscheduled activity, Sam would be in the control room. It's funny, but I was waiting to see her running in and sitting down in front of the computer.
                          Well, so there really isn't too much to talk about regarding Sam in Babylon.
                          I was really expecting more, at least some Soldier Sam action.
                          I know, it's not the Sam-Show and I know there have been episodes before where she wasn't that heavily involved. I guess I am just starved for some Sam action.
                          The only comfort I have is my hope that she will be involved in the next two episodes big time and that's why we didn't see so much of her tonight.

And what ever happened to the team, I couldn't find it tonight. Okay, Mitchell was stranded somewhere else, but why didn't they have some scenes showing the team together trying to find Mitchell. I guess, it was another episode supposed to build a foundation for episodes to come. But come on, last ep they agree to get back together as SG-1 and tonight nothing?

Here's to some great Sam action (and team action) next Friday.

I am not quite sure yet if I will like the idea that we get the last two episodes before the break in one night. I will probably like it next Friday, but...
                          Last edited by Dani76; 09 September 2005, 05:49 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

What a disappointment.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              but hey, she was probably taking time with olivia so.....i'll deal
                              I guess, you're right. If that's the reason, I can deal, too.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Hi Uber,

You may already have this sussed, but I wanted to point you at Mambo for the actual CMS system to run the site if you haven't decided on one already. http://mamboserver.com

It's a solid and nice looking system which is very robust and customizable. The look is controlled by templates which are easy to manipulate Features out the whazoo. I use it for most of my stuff. www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin is one and www.mariskafans.com is another example.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Ok so you all may or may not know (or may or may not care) that I am in fact working on what I hope to be the ultimate Amanda Tapping/Samantha Carter website to be launched in November.

So I'm in the planning stages right now...laying the foundation and putting everything in place.

BUT I need your help.

What features, elements would you like to see? Things that would make you want to return and post there daily?

Please give me your thoughts!

Also, if you go there now you'll just see the filler page that will pretty much stay in place until the actual site launches. It looks NOTHING like the future site will look, btw...

...BUT there is also an option to sign up for updates. Please do so if you haven't already! That way I can keep everyone up to date on the progress of Samanda.

http://www.uberamandafan.com

Thanks!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X