Rare Pairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
    Sounds interesting Where did you read it (send me the link)

-Snotr
    Never mind - found it. On Symbiotica, right?
    sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
    (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
    Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

A wallpaper celebrating a rare pairing -> John/Kate
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Glad I ran up on this thread. It's got me thinking...

How about two of my favorite secondary characters, Cadman and Reynolds? I hadn't until just now given the idea of putting them togther even the remotest play.

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Yes, but isn't it also true that rare pairings have few authors/readers and thus the chances of someone passing by with a similar interest in the same rare pairing are few and far between.
          Yeah, it does. My main OTP only has about 25 stories total.

My main rarepairing is Carson/Teyla and I also like Laura/Lorne.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            I also like Laura/Lorne.
            As I have noticed, it's not that rare anymore. When I started writing it, I thought I was pretty much the only one, but after a while I got the feeling that either I just found more stories, because I was actually looking for them or that people where really writing them more than maybe a few months ago.
            I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
            I will never accept defeat.
            I will never quit.
            I will never leave a fallen comrade.
            ------
            "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

I've come across several Laura/Evan fics, but like it or not - if it's considered for the SG Rare Pairings ficathon it's still rare.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, I do like it, because I'm generally more of a rare pairings (and minor character) person. I was just wondering if it was simply my perception or if they were really starting to get a larger fanbase.
                I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                ------

Comment

Just a short notice on the Isis Awards: The 2008 Nominee List has been released. Lots of nice stories on rare pairings
                  I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                  ------

Comment

Hehe - just found the oddest paring on Isis awards list of nominees: Bourne/Weir (thankfully its Bourne from the Bourne trilogy movies - not the actor that plays Martouf/Lantash, but still odd...)
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by the very talented Luciana.

Comment

*sneaks in... OTP = Cameron Mitchell/John Sheppard
                      Yes, I know. One scene. I know. Let's just leave it alone.

Anyway, since I'm re-watching SG1 and I'm in season 2, I'm kinda thinking Teal'c/Janet. Anyone?

Comment

First off, thanks for this thread! I often get caught up in the Major character ships, and then feel guilty about leaving the little ones in the poverbial dust. I must say I am a huge Carson/Teyla shipper, I guess that counts as minor.

And after seeing this thread I thought I might as well type about the one ship that has been on my mind constantly since yesterday. It is like one of those werid niggling thoughts that refuses to go away

What about Kavanaugh/Simpson?

Yes, yes I know...Kavanaugh, everyones favourite little a**hole. But once you get over any mutal dislike for the character...(Yes he is annoying, and a weiner, but really if you think about it, he makes everything interesting! Not to mention he does end up saving their butts more often then not) And I know the two character only appear a handfull of times, Kavanaugh more then Simpson, but after rewatching "38 minutes" I thought their could be some potential chemistry in there.

Actually, that gives me a fic idea.
                        Last edited by GateGurl; 30 November 2008, 11:49 PM. Reason: Spelling Durrrrr! :D
                        Lets just say Radek Zelenka can be my Mad Scientist any day!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Humanityspotential for the awesome Zelenka Siggie!

Comment

I think it becomes easier to be a fan of a rare pairing if you sort of one-true-character ship or slash like I do with Sam and Daniel. I'm willing to give nearly any pairing involving one of these two a go. Sometimes, it's off one or two scenes out of the entire show and films. Sometimes, it's with a guest character that has limited screen time. And sometimes, with characters that have barely met, you read something where the fanfic writer has mastered both characters individually so well that the ensuing relationship is actually rather plausible.

I read a few Daniel/John, Daniel/Teyla and Daniel/Ronan not too long ago that seemed completely plausable, even though they haven't really had scenes together.

I've been reading Daniel/Rodney for years, so it was just great fun when they actually had some good meaty scenes together this year to work with.

For Sam, Femmeslash is relatively rare still I'd say, comparatively. And there's not enough Daniel/Sam out there at all. In fact, I think it's harder to find Sam het pairings because of the total domination by Sam/Jack. And if it's not Sam/Jack, it's Sam/Rodney or Sam/Cam. Finding Sam/Teal'c is difficult. Finding Sam/Teal'c that isn't a side pairing to Jack/Daniel is darn near impossible.

I'm glad they have the Isis awards for rarer pairings though. I wish I could write some of these pairings to contribute!
                          sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

I ship/slash Daniel with everybody. Literally, everybody. I have never met a Daniel/somebody fic I wouldn't read, from the regulars like Daniel/Jack and Daniel/Vala to the freaky ones, like Daniel/Maybourne and Daniel/Cassie, to the crossovers, like Daniel/Ronon or Daniel/Zelenka. Yes, I have found all those. :O

I am a little bit weird, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by fyere View Post
                              I ship/slash Daniel with everybody. Literally, everybody. I have never met a Daniel/somebody fic I wouldn't read, from the regulars like Daniel/Jack and Daniel/Vala to the freaky ones, like Daniel/Maybourne and Daniel/Cassie, to the crossovers, like Daniel/Ronon or Daniel/Zelenka. Yes, I have found all those. :O

Naw, that's great! There's more of us out there, even for Daniel/Maybourne and Daniel/Cassie (I only know of two of those in existance btw). Do you read crossover fic from different shows or from books for Daniel as well? I've read a few that just seem so perfect for both Sam and Daniel.
                              sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
                                I think it becomes easier to be a fan of a rare pairing if you sort of one-true-character ship or slash like I do with Sam and Daniel. I'm willing to give nearly any pairing involving one of these two a go. Sometimes, it's off one or two scenes out of the entire show and films. Sometimes, it's with a guest character that has limited screen time. And sometimes, with characters that have barely met, you read something where the fanfic writer has mastered both characters individually so well that the ensuing relationship is actually rather plausible.

I read a few Daniel/John, Daniel/Teyla and Daniel/Ronan not too long ago that seemed completely plausable, even though they haven't really had scenes together.

I've been reading Daniel/Rodney for years, so it was just great fun when they actually had some good meaty scenes together this year to work with.

For Sam, Femmeslash is relatively rare still I'd say, comparatively. And there's not enough Daniel/Sam out there at all. In fact, I think it's harder to find Sam het pairings because of the total domination by Sam/Jack. And if it's not Sam/Jack, it's Sam/Rodney or Sam/Cam. Finding Sam/Teal'c is difficult. Finding Sam/Teal'c that isn't a side pairing to Jack/Daniel is darn near impossible.

I'm glad they have the Isis awards for rarer pairings though. I wish I could write some of these pairings to contribute!
                                I totally agree. I ship Sam and Daniel with most people (and Vala with a lot), although rarely with someone they haven't spent time with—though I only do slash/femslash when it comes to Sam/Vala. For some reason only that one pairing seems to work given my views of all their sexualities. There's a fair amount of fic for Sam/Daniel and Sam/Martouf, and one very long fic that does a very good Sam/Ba'al (well, alternate universe Ba'al). I like your explanation of "one true character" shipping.

Originally posted by fyere View Post

Some of those are a bit weird...but hey, whatever floats your boat. Some of my more 'conventional' ships get other shippers all "eww, they would never work!"

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X