Well, I ship these

Jack/Laira
    Sam/Martouf/Lantash
    Daniel/Anise/Freya
    Daniel/Hathor
    Janet/Jacob/Selmak
    Jack/Sara
    Jonas/Kianna's Goa'uld

I think most or all of them are relatively rare - at least I've never seen fics or vids for the majority (there are a few fics for Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Daniel/Anise/Freya, Janet/Jacob/Selmak, and Jack/Sara, but very few. As for vids - I've seen 2 or 3 for Sam/Martouf/Lantash, that's all)
    sigpic
    button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Teyla/Kanaan
      Vala/Tomin

Are those rare pairings? They don't get a lot of thread time, that's for sure. I also ship:

Sam/Martouf/Lantash
      Sam/Narim
      Sam/Orlin
      Sam/Joe Faxon
      Daniel/Sarah
      Daniel/Anise
      Daniel/Weir

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        Teyla/Kanaan
        Vala/Tomin
        Vala/Tomin actually does have it's own thread, should we start one for poor Teyla/Kanaan?

My new rare pairing is Teal'c/Sam... it intrigues me

Is it possible to have a cap-pairing? I don't really ship Weir/Grodin but lately I've enjoyed finding cute caps of them...

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
          ... should we start one for poor Teyla/Kanaan?
          Isn't there one?

See, I knew I had seen it -> Pro Teyla/Kanaan ship thread

It's not very active, but what do you expect from a rare pairing. I don't even start one for my rare pairings knowing it'll hit oblivion at the speed of light.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
            Vala/Tomin actually does have it's own thread, should we start one for poor Teyla/Kanaan?

My new rare pairing is Teal'c/Sam... it intrigues me
            Actually, I visit both those threads (V/T and T/K), but there's only a post every few weeks/months.

I like the idea of Teal'c and Sam together, in a kind of "I'm not really looking for a relationship anymore" from both of them and they just end up with each other inexplicably.

And Falcon Horus, I know what you mean about not starting new threads...I have a hard time not spamming the rare pairings that I support that have threads, but just letting them go naturally into oblivion for a while.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Well, the advantage of posting something in a rare pairing thread and keep it from going into oblivion is that it means someone may wander past and see it, and like it - and then there is one more to talk to...and perhaps someone realises they like the pairing but had forgotten about it or thought they were the only one...

I think I will go and bump the Sam/Martouf/Lantash thread - it hasn't received any posts for several days.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, but isn't it also true that rare pairings have few authors/readers and thus the chances of someone passing by with a similar interest in the same rare pairing are few and far between.

Does that make sense?

Comment

A rare pairing that I happen to love and could be considered my het OTP - John/Kate.

Wrote a drabble - Comfort. It's a Doppelganger AU.

Comment

Thought people here might be interested in Isis Awards 2008 for rarer het pairings.

http://www.isisawards.net/

Comment

Chuck / Amelia
                      Last edited by Platschu; 30 September 2008, 01:11 PM.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                        I know I can't be the only person with a favorite unusual pairing. So let's discuss them.

My one true pairing is Thor/ Hiemdall.

Anyone else?
                        Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                        wow, another Thor/Heimdall shipper!! But you didn't hear that from me it's like Daniel/Janet: Asgardified!! (teehee)

But I claim my OTP as Beckett/chair. Feel the love.
                        Oh, I'm a HUGE Dan/Jan and Thor/Heimdall fan! Just SO CUTE!

My other rare pairs are:

From SG-1
                        ~ Lt. Elliot/Jennifer Hailey
                        ~ Lt. Grogan/Lt. Satterfield
                        ~ Adria/Ba'al
                        ~ Martouf/Lantash/Rosha/Jolinar
                        ~ Cassie/Dominic
                        ~ Vala/Tomin

From SGA
                        ~ Chuck/Amelia

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                        Anyone have thoughts on the pairing of Daniel/Carolyn Lam?

Occaisionally I feel like shipping these two but usually that is overcome by the Daniel/Vala
                        Well, I guess Michael Shanks and Lexa Doig probably wouldn't have any trouble with Dan/Lam kissing scenes!
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I cannot tell you how hard this made me laugh! Jonas sure does love his banana, doesn't he?
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Shep/Lorne makes me weak in the knees.

Lethe is the soft promise of renewal, and
                            Oblivion is the dead, unbroken silence
                            of utter and final annihilation

Comment

I read a Sam/Egeria/Martouf/Lantash story today...I would say that qualifies as an unusual pairing. Also has the possiblility of countless familiy complications, since Sam/Egeria is then both mother and daughter of Jacob/Selmak. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                                I read a Sam/Egeria/Martouf/Lantash story today...I would say that qualifies as an unusual pairing. Also has the possiblility of countless familiy complications, since Sam/Egeria is then both mother and daughter of Jacob/Selmak. LOL
                                Sounds interesting Where did you read it (send me the link)

-Snotr
                                sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                                (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                                Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Working...
                                X