RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RDAfan61
    Hi! I'm back! Remember me? I so missed being able to thunk and when I got back, over 52 pages of thunking and over 1600 posts! Wow, you girls rock!

I know I missed a bunch of milestones so Congratulations to everyone who has a posting milestone this past week. That's probably most everyone in here.

Welcome to anyone new who might have dropped by since I was last here.

It's good to be back and thunking again!
    Welcome back Shelly!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Ooooookaaaaaay *taps microphone* I know I gave up complaining about the absence of one, Jack O'Neill in season 9 by telling myself it was a new show and therefore, it's time for be to give it a rest. That's not to say that I don't enjoy listening to the rest of you gripe. It helps me know people still care. I just realized one day that if I kept brooding on the Jacklessness I would have a nervous breakdown. So I stopped. But today I am bringing the subject up one more time, because I have something to say, and an announcement to make. I early on resolved that Season 9 was, in fact, a new show. And if someone liked Ben Browder it didn't bother me. If someone liked him better than Jack, I said, well, they're the lucky ones if they can get over him that quickly. But in the past weeks I've heard statements in favor of Landry saying 'Hammonds character was getting a little stale' A statement to the effect of "Fraiser? Who's Fraiser?" In reference to how much 'better' Lexa Doig's character is-and I believe the reason given was her looks- and I took it all in stride. I really did. But today the straw that broke the camels back was hearing someone say how 'beautiful', 'strong', and 'sarcastic' Vala was. Well, that didn't bother me until she said they should replace Amanda with Claudia Black. Permanantly.

So, to get past the griping and to the announcement I realized at that moment how much all the previous statements had bothered me. And I realized they disturbed me so much because I had not really layed the SG-1 I know to rest. So, I would like to announce that I am holding a wake. Online if anyone wants to join me. Place and time have not been set yet. Depends on if anyone comes. Otherwise I'll sit alone at home and crack a pint of ice cream or something. But If anyone feels like joining me we can put the old SG-1 to rest in grand style. By remembering the good times and giving it closure. Oh and by no means do you have to be Anti-Season 9 to attend. You can watch it. You can even LOVE it. The point is just to acknowledge that it's a new show, a spinoff if you will. And the original Stargate SG-1 had gone to that big cancelled TV show Kebb up in the sky. So, that's all I wanted to say. *steps off podium*

Comment

(((((SHELLY))))) Glad to see the refugees returning!!

Speaking of which, has anyone seen Suekay? I thought she was back but I haven't seen her.

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
          Ooooookaaaaaay *taps microphone* I know I gave up complaining about the absence of one, Jack O'Neill in season 9 by telling myself it was a new show and therefore, it's time for be to give it a rest. That's not to say that I don't enjoy listening to the rest of you gripe. It helps me know people still care. I just realized one day that if I kept brooding on the Jacklessness I would have a nervous breakdown. So I stopped. But today I am bringing the subject up one more time, because I have something to say, and an announcement to make. I early on resolved that Season 9 was, in fact, a new show. And if someone liked Ben Browder it didn't bother me. If someone liked him better than Jack, I said, well, they're the lucky ones if they can get over him that quickly. But in the past weeks I've heard statements in favor of Landry saying 'Hammonds character was getting a little stale' A statement to the effect of "Fraiser? Who's Fraiser?" In reference to how much 'better' Lexa Doig's character is-and I believe the reason given was her looks- and I took it all in stride. I really did. But today the straw that broke the camels back was hearing someone say how 'beautiful', 'strong', and 'sarcastic' Vala was. Well, that didn't bother me until she said they should replace Amanda with Claudia Black. Permanantly.

So, to get past the griping and to the announcement I realized at that moment how much all the previous statements had bothered me. And I realized they disturbed me so much because I had not really layed the SG-1 I know to rest. So, I would like to announce that I am holding a wake. Online if anyone wants to join me. Place and time have not been set yet. Depends on if anyone comes. Otherwise I'll sit alone at home and crack a pint of ice cream or something. But If anyone feels like joining me we can put the old SG-1 to rest in grand style. By remembering the good times and giving it closure. Oh and by no means do you have to be Anti-Season 9 to attend. You can watch it. You can even LOVE it. The point is just to acknowledge that it's a new show, a spinoff if you will. And the original Stargate SG-1 had gone to that big cancelled TV show Kebb up in the sky. So, that's all I wanted to say. *steps off podium*
          Sounds good to me. I went to a local con on Memorial Day weekend, and there was an Enterprise wake. During a Stargate discussion ( it was called a boff, not sure why, I can't call it that though, because that meant something naughty when I was a kid.) we all said if season 9 was bad, we would have a wake for 'classic' Stargate at the next convention.
          So what do you want to do?
          sig by PM

Comment

But...you'll still happily THUNK here too, right?

sharp

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
              Sounds good to me. I went to a local con on Memorial Day weekend, and there was an Enterprise wake. During a Stargate discussion ( it was called a boff, not sure why, I can't call it that though, because that meant something naughty when I was a kid.) we all said if season 9 was bad, we would have a wake for 'classic' Stargate at the next convention.
              So what do you want to do?
              Oh yeah. I remember that word. I guess they don't use it like that these days. -I learned it from Mystic Pizza- Anyway I figure season 8 doesn't have to be bad to have a wake. It's already so DIFFERENT. As for what to do it sounds like you know a bit more about this kind of thing than I do. I've never even been on a chat... So do you have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by sharp
                But...you'll still happily THUNK here too, right?

sharp

Are you kidding? This is the Jack/RDA thunk thread! Where nostalgia reigns supreme! This is like, the one place where I can come to talk about my favorite show and know I'll be hearing about JACK. And not some new guy I'd never heard of before. I loved season 1-7 and am waiting impatiently for season 8. I've watched every season at least twice, Most if not all three times and I'm planning on starting again. I have no intention of abandoning SG-1 or my Jack. I just printed out three photos of Rick yesterday. One from Jack shoots and one Mac. Hack your talking to a girl you stayed faithful to SG-1 during at least a year of no eps whatsoever and then had to slowly build up box sets to see them again. Mac was even longer. And like the X-files fans who are still hanging out on thier forum and making music vids and writing fic even though thier shows been cancelled for absolutely YEARS I intend to stay right here. In fact, I can't imagine leaving unless I end up the only one here. (And in that case I may just sit down at my keyboard and talk to myself....) *takes breath* are you reassured dear?

Comment

*takes breath* are you reassured dear?

Yes, thanks!!

sharp

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                    Congratulations

Shimmeringstar on #2800

Jynjyr on #1800

Ambermoon on #1100

Ivy on #1200

Blueiris on #1100

Jade on #700

Nell on #400

Thunks (((((Kliggins))))! Never thought I would get this far. It's been fun, that's for sure!

*Heavens, I miss this man!*

Comment

(((((Shelly))))) Welcome back to the Gutter!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8756/s1d10066ng.jpg
                        You have such great pics! Where is this one from? I dont think I've ever seen him in this shirt and it's a really THUDABLE one.

sharp

Comment

Mel...I'll attend. The new season is nothing like the past 8 years and I didn't expect it to be. We all know that RDA made the show the success that it is! I will give the S9 a chance cause that's the least I can do in honor of the three remaining original actors (or should I say five, cause Walter and Sgt Siler are still around).

I adore AT and to say CB can take her place is blasphemous!

Well, this is my last post for the night! Sweet RDA dreams GG's!

Comment

Originally posted by sharp
                            You have such great pics! Where is this one from? I dont think I've ever seen him in this shirt and it's a really THUDABLE one.

sharp
                            If I can remember how I saved my caps...it's Season 1, Volume 1 Behind the Scenes. Yep, that's it...had to go back and look at my hard drive. There was another gentleman with RDA but of course I cropped him out.

Comment

If I can remember how I saved my caps...it's Season 1, Volume 1 Behind the Scenes. Yep, that's it...had to go back and look at my hard drive. There was another gentleman with RDA but of course I cropped him out.
                              Brad Wright was with him.

Comment

Now you see...I have yet to achieve master status! I own season one and didn't remember this!

Guess this means I need to watch everything all over again.

Darn.

sharp

Comment

Working...
                                X