Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    -Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team-
    LJ|MyFics|SJ Fic Journal|Non-SG1/OriginalWriting|Macgyver_Icons|MyVids|Twitter

Comment

I wanted to post one more thing from that Sci-Fi magazine article (June '07), from Brad Wright, because I trhought it was very interesting. He says:

"[RDA and O'Neill] is the voice of Stargate for me. I've written earnest episodes in my day, but I would never approach the concept and series in an earnest, 'very important' way, because that's the voice and tone that Rick and I share. It helped us click as writer and actor. O'Neill is just not earnest. He has to see and talk about the world in his unique voice. [Rick's] sense of humor is the perasonage of O'Neill that to me defines the uniqueness of Stargate as a TV show" (50).

RDA responded, "For Brady to say that is a great compliment. I think that's why the character was so much fun to play. There were certain elements I had to play, that he had to be a military guy and he had to have a past, so those things helped devleop or modify behavior to a degree. But I don't fancy myself a particularly 'deep' actor, and I guess I would have to admit that a lot of the sarcasm, the general attitude about authority and the stuff that made him fun to watch as this anachronistic military guy, was an extension [of me]" (50).

I thought it was very interesting. I have to agree with Brad Wright--O'neill and therefore RDA, really define the tone of the show, at least for me. Although, I think RDA is selling himself short--he can be very deep! I'm especially impressed with how much he can convey without saying anything.

Now I really need to read some Philosophy for my independent study lol.

Have a nice evening,
      Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch View Post
        I wanted to post one more thing from that Sci-Fi magazine article (June '07), from Brad Wright, because I trhought it was very interesting. He says:

"[RDA and O'Neill] is the voice of Stargate for me. I've written earnest episodes in my day, but I would never approach the concept and series in an earnest, 'very important' way, because that's the voice and tone that Rick and I share. It helped us click as writer and actor. O'Neill is just not earnest. He has to see and talk about the world in his unique voice. [Rick's] sense of humor is the perasonage of O'Neill that to me defines the uniqueness of Stargate as a TV show" (50).

RDA responded, "For Brady to say that is a great compliment. I think that's why the character was so much fun to play. There were certain elements I had to play, that he had to be a military guy and he had to have a past, so those things helped devleop or modify behavior to a degree. But I don't fancy myself a particularly 'deep' actor, and I guess I would have to admit that a lot of the sarcasm, the general attitude about authority and the stuff that made him fun to watch as this anachronistic military guy, was an extension [of me]" (50).

I thought it was very interesting. I have to agree with Brad Wright--O'neill and therefore RDA, really define the tone of the show, at least for me. Although, I think RDA is selling himself short--he can be very deep! I'm especially impressed with how much he can convey without saying anything.

Have a nice evening,
        Royal
        Thanks for sharing that Royal! It's so true about RDA defining the tone of the show. I loved watching it because of Jack. Season 9 & 10 really do nothing for me. I'll watch the eps with RDA in them, but it's just not the same as it was when he was on SG-1. That's what also made season 8 really lacking for me, but why I loved "Moebius" so much. It was like old times again.

sigpic

Comment

Although, I think RDA is selling himself short--he can be very deep! I'm especially impressed with how much he can convey without saying anything.
          Oh yes! His eyes can say a lot...

I almost always cry in Cold Lazarus and Message In A Bottle.

But.... I do think he has more talent and is even better with humor.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
          Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Good Evening Campers!!

ONTLL: JACK!! Where is your Zat!!

"What for??"

ONTLL: I need to bring it too work. That staff member caused a whole lot of havoc at the Staff meeting we just had!!
              ONTLLJC: Uh No!! You can't have it!!
              ONTLL: But Jack!!
              ONTLLJC: No.. you can't have it.. I don't care what you do to me!!
              ONTLL: Really
              Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
              sigpic
              Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by not_a_zatarc View Post
                Oh yeah, I forgot that's your absolute favorite Kliggs! *insert evil grin*

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks Jack.
                Ack!!! My eyes my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Shelly
                My Photos
                sigpic

Comment

Have a nice evening,
                  Royal
                  Squeeee!!!! Thanks Royal.

Brad Wright has always been my favorite writer for Stargate and especially for Jack. He just seemed to "get" the character and then RDA took it from there. I glad they had a great relationship as writer and actor. I have higher hopes for a great O'Neill part in Continium with Brad as the writer.

I agree with Brad and you that O'Neill defined the tone of the show and through RDA there was a warmth, lightness, and sharing of the show that is not there now. RDA may have been the name above the title, but Jack was not always the focus of the episode and that could have been the writers, but I wouldn's be surprised if RDA had something to do with it too.

I have to disagree with RDA about his acting ability. I have always thought he can be as "deep" as any actor. I too like the way he gets the message across without a word.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                    There is nothing wrong with my avatar, thank you.
                    OY! I tried!!
                    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                    sigpic
                    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                      Ack!!! My eyes my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehe. You tell em Shelly!

sigpic

Comment

I have to disagree with RDA about his acting ability. I have always thought he can be as "deep" as any actor. I too like the way he gets the message across without a word.
                        Me too. He really doesn't seem to realize how good he is. Same as how he doesn't seem to realize how much people like him and want to see him in things.
                        Shelly
                        My Photos
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL Even RDA is passed out from the sight of that nasty thing on his head!
                          Shelly
                          My Photos
                          sigpic

Comment

He's just so modest. I love that.

sigpic

Comment

"Naz, are we done with the Kliggins (and many others) boonie hat torture now?"

Yes Jack, I think we're done.
                              sigpic

Comment

Have a nice evening,
                                Royal
                                There is so much I like about Stargate that I would fill pages but what keeps me tuned in, what keeps my eyes glued to the screen and makes me laugh and feel depth of emotion is RDA's Jack O'Neill. He is my favorite fictional character and would not be so if not for the great abilities of RDA. After all he not just another pretty face!!

Hey you gals talking about me?
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X