Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha you may have been at the hair that left the rest of Jack for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
      I think he is sad about the outfit they made him wear in BTS, this cap can never be posted enough for my liking mind if I pinch it for personal use only of course .

Comment

Originally posted by Verona
        Ha you may have been at the hair that left the rest of Jack for me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Please don't misconstrue this effort as that, because it's not. In my letters, I made it clear that I supported his decision to go. I am just hoping he will come back for two or three eps a season.....or just enough to properly wrap his sotryline. His departure was just so weirdly handled. That's why I also advocate writing TPTB.

Although I wish he had stayed, I don't want him to think fans are angry that he left, and this seemed the best way to do it. Also, he needs to make a few more visits.....because fans deserve an explanation of what has happened to make him decide to move on.....and where the heck he went! I mean, we think we know.....but that's only been mentioned in fandom, not in canon.
          But that's what I am saying. It's not RDA's fault that we didn't get the closure and he shouldn't be made to feel that we expect anything out of him. It's TPTB that messed it up and I think if we're going to write we should write them and tell them how unhappy we are with how they mucked up the time he did give us this season. I think if we start writing letters saying how we all want him back and whatever it's going to come across wrong just like the whole Daniel thing did. Even if we mean well it just might not come across that way. That's all I'm saying, that the letters should be pointed at TPTB and not say we expect anything out of RDA. We already got 2 extra seasons and a couple of shows this season. The fact that they were mucked up was not RDA's fault and that's what makes me most angry and sad. The PTB are stringing the fans along hoping they'll get closure when they have no intention of giving it to us.
          Shelly
          My Photos
          sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Rune

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Did she really need to ask? Did you really need to answer?
            Shelly
            My Photos
            sigpic

Comment

Quick thunk cause I'm starving and have to go get something to eat. See you all later!

Shelly
              My Photos
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61
                But that's what I am saying. It's not RDA's fault that we didn't get the closure and he shouldn't be made to feel that we expect anything out of him. It's TPTB that messed it up and I think if we're going to write we should write them and tell them how unhappy we are with how they mucked up the time he did give us this season. I think if we start writing letters saying how we all want him back and whatever it's going to come across wrong just like the whole Daniel thing did. Even if we mean well it just might not come across that way. That's all I'm saying, that the letters should be pointed at TPTB and not say we expect anything out of RDA. We already got 2 extra seasons and a couple of shows this season. The fact that they were mucked up was not RDA's fault and that's what makes me most angry and sad. The PTB are stringing the fans along hoping they'll get closure when they have no intention of giving it to us.

I understand what you meant, never been moved to actually write to an actor before but hearing that RDA thinks we are angry at him for leaving has made me consider writing just to thank him and let him know that in my case ( as I'm sure is true for most fans but we can only speak for ourselves)
                thats not true, I respect and can relate to his choices and lets be honest most if not all of us would give up work to enjoy our family if we were in a position to do so. Don't see any harm in letting him know that you never know he might enjoy some positive feedback.
                But as you pointed out in your original post any other matters should be adressed only to TPTB at Bridge studios. I remember RDA saying he wanted to leave Jack alive and storylines open (cant remember where will post if I can find it) so who knows or understands how that affected the series ongoing. (plotwise)

Comment

who's been at the hair?
                  Can I get this one to take away, hes tasty

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61
                    I have to agree here. As much as I love THE MAN, all I would say is Thank You for 8 years of Jack O'Neill. I miss Jack and I definitely think that the show is worse off without his character, but I respect RDA's decision to leave. I wouldn't ask him to come back for closure. The failure to explain his departure well, or at all, is the fault of TPTB. RDA agreed to be in a few scenes in Season 9 to help them out and look what they did with that opportunity. If he returns I'd be thrilled - if they actually have him do something of substance. Otherwise, I'll just wish him all the best for the future.

sigpic

Comment

Probably Bev.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just to weigh in on the letter writing topic. I think its a great idea to write RDA and tell him how much he meant to us on the show and how much we miss him. There is nothing better when you leave a job then hearing how much people miss you. Whether or not he decides to make guest appearances is up to him, but I see nothing wrong in letting him know that he is greatly missed and that any opportunity to see him in the future would be a real treat. RDA seems like a very active person and although it appears that he does not want to be tied down to a regular season schedule, he may be open to filiming a few days a year...I hope, I hope!!

Comment

Seen some exellent caps over the last few hours thanks everyone.
                          Got my post count average up to 1.02 a day will try to keep it up, but am all thunked out now night everyone.

Comment

bump...

and because I missed MacGyver's Anniversary last week...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s

Okay, what episode is this from??

Cuz I can hear Jack say "And this is "Our Problem, HOW??"
                              He was saying (and this is not verbatim) "Just how are we suppose to know when you find the answer if you're asleep?"
                              sig by PM

Comment

Wish it was bright n sunny here right now instead of cold n dark.

It's always warm and sunny where RDA is!
                                sig by PM

Comment

Working...
                                X