Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    -Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team-
    LJ|MyFics|SJ Fic Journal|Non-SG1/OriginalWriting|Macgyver_Icons|MyVids|Twitter

Comment

Turkey's in the oven!!!

*Thunks to whomever for the cap. Don't tell ONeill2LLs that I forgot how to cap*
      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!

Comment

Thunks Mala!!

Guess what I am watching at work today!
                  Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                  sigpic
                  Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post

*Thunks to whomever for the cap. Don't tell ONeill2LLs that I forgot how to cap*

I guess we are gonna have to get together one time or another!

Thunks Mala!

Okay, time for some lunch, I will check in later!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      Another post for my friend who's not on Gateworld. About the charityfanproject in RDA's honor:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those interested, the Quench the Fire Purple Heart fund raiser is one inch away from raising $1,000. We have had fans from 7 countries pitch in to pull in this amount in less than half the time frame we have to the Dec 7th date.

For those who aren't familiar with the Purple Heart Project, it is a fundraiser which is part of the Quench the Fire annual charity event. This event raises money for The Pain Center, a medical falicity in California which does research and offers aid to people suffering from RSD (chronic pain).

RDA's doctor and Mr. Anderson himself have been involved with the Center for a long time. So when RDA has had two painful reconstructive foot surgeries, and he once joked if he can get a Purple Heart for his ordeal, this idea was born. Give the fans a chance to offer him something to symbolize a "Purple Heart" and to show him that even when he was not at his best, people will always care for him.

The donations made through the Purple Heart fundraising page are in his honor. The money will benefit the Pain Center and the total his fans raised for this charity represents RDA's symbolic Purple Heart.

The money donated through the Purple Heart page goes directly to the Pain Center, without any intermediaries. The page only keeps account of the total of the money coming in in honor of Mr. Anderson and he will be informed of that total at the event on Dec 7th.

So far the project is doing surprisingly well and everyone is awed and grateful of the generous response of fans to the fundraiser honoring RDA's efforts to raise awarness about RSD.

We extend our most sincere appreciation and gratitude to all those who have stepped up to support this symbolic gift for Mr. Anderson and we hope more fans will come forth and add to the number of people taking an active step in finding a cure for pain, for all those we care for.

So, you can donate here.
                      Follow up on this post. The fundraiser has reached the amazing amount of 5,000. Everyone involved is very impressed!! Thanks to everyone who donated, and you can still donate here Also for this charity, an auction for a T-shirt signed by RDA. Here on e-bay.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thunks Mala!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

I guess we are gonna have to get together one time or another!

D'oh! Go visit the Shore Leave Con thread!
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess everyone is eating Turkey dinner at this time so I will give the Thread a Nudge!

Thunks Mala!
                            sigpic

Comment

Evenin' GGs! *waves* Back from the relatives'.

"Phew! I am stuffed FULL of turkey. And pie. Well, mostly pie."
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                Follow up on this post. The fundraiser has reached the amazing amount of 5,000. Everyone involved is very impressed!! Thanks to everyone who donated, and you can still donate here Also for this charity, an auction for a T-shirt signed by RDA. Here on e-bay.

Thanks for the Great update and the news! By the way, the amount is now up to $ 5,125.00
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X