No announcement yet.

RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having lived in Hollywood, I know that to get a "Star" on the Walk of Fame, all you have to do is PAY for it and be known in the industry as an actor, director, composer, singer, or producer. So if RDA, his publicist, or the studio is willing to chip in, he gets a star.
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      Is this the guest room that you offered me if I come to visit you? How will we all fit in there, what with all the Jack clones and our drooling gear!
      Same guest room. I said it might be crowded. I have another room for the clones and supplies. I could maybe get the neighbors to store the clones and gear too.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
        Having lived in Hollywood, I know that to get a "Star" on the Walk of Fame, all you have to do is PAY for it and be known in the industry as an actor, director, composer, singer, or producer. So if RDA, his publicist, or the studio is willing to chip in, he gets a star.
        Not necessarily. Bruce Boxleitner was nominated this past time and he didn't get chosen. His fans have already raised the money, and he didn't get chosen. The nomination was undertaken with his wife's knowledge, Melissa Gilbert, and he *still* wasn't chosen this year.

Just because you're nominated doesn't mean you're a shoo-in.

I'd like to think RDA will make the cut next year. He has a fantastic and varied body of work, he is actively engaged in charity work, and he'll show up for the ceremony. One of the requirements.
        Furlings, they sound cute. Like Ewoks. --- SG-1

sigpic

sig by Mala50. You rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
          Somewhere I missed exactly what this is all about. I assume you are talking about RDA getting a star in Hollywood??? Yes? Any details you can re-give since I missed them. I must have thunked-out or something to miss something that important!
          Critter, It is on the message board for rdanderson.com. Richard has allowed his name to be submitted for a star on the hollywood walk of fame and Kate has submitted the paperwork for the nomination. First it has to be voted on and then the money has to be raised for the star. Then Richard will have to decide when he wants the ceremony. I am pretty sure that is the way Kate explained it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            Same guest room. I said it might be crowded. I have another room for the clones and supplies. I could maybe get the neighbors to store the clones and gear too.
            Kliggins, you old dog...how are you. I haven't spoken to you for ages!!
            I've packed my bags and will be over asap. I would like a single room for some *ahem* quality time with my Jack clone, if you don't mind!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
              Critter, It is on the message board for rdanderson.com. Richard has allowed his name to be submitted for a star on the hollywood walk of fame and Kate has submitted the paperwork for the nomination. First it has to be voted on and then the money has to be raised for the star. Then Richard will have to decide when he wants the ceremony. I am pretty sure that is the way Kate explained it.
              Thanks Kliggins. Rural suggested that I check out the RDA website but I couldn't find the information...just didn't know where to look I guess. I hope he gets one. He is just just a HUNK how could they deny him? I know, I know, HUNKINESS isn't one of the criteria, but wouldn't it be great!
              Desperate Thunker

Comment

I've packed my bags and will be over asap. I would like a single room for some *ahem* quality time with my Jack clone, if you don't mind!
                "Old Dog", I think I like that. Not bad. I had to be up in the San Francisco area celebrating my nephews birthday this weekend. I will see what I can do about private accommodations for you and your clone and any other necessities. Maybe this will help you get in the mood, like you need any help.

Last edited by Kliggins; 30 August 2004, 11:18 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

((((((((((((((((BEV!!!!)))))))))))))))))))

I'm baaaaaack....Wait! We're having a sleepover with our Jack clones??? Glad I haven't unpacked yet!
                  Tasha
                  JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

OK ladies...here's the deal: I've worked myself into a major funk today over this Jack and Sam business (being cloudy with rain moving in outside isn't helping either) so I need some help. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it is Jack, Jack, Jack with maybe a little RDA, RDA, RDA ; Mac's OK but no mustaches today. I need to see a happy Jack. Any suggestions....HA! Like I don't know the answer to that question!
                    Desperate Thunker

Comment

OK ladies...here's the deal: I've worked myself into a major funk today over this Jack and Sam business (being cloudy with rain moving in outside isn't helping either) so I need some help. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it is Jack, Jack, Jack with maybe a little RDA, RDA, RDA ; Mac's OK but no mustaches today. I need to see a happy Jack. Any suggestions....HA! Like I don't know the answer to that question!
                      girl i know how you feel but hunni i'd post picies if i could but i don't know how even though i soooo should know better

it really is mission impossible for me!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo
                        girl i know how you feel but hunni i'd post picies if i could but i don't know how even though i soooo should know better

it really is mission impossible for me!!!!!
                        It's mission impossible for me too...that's why I'm asking for help. Just knowing that you care helps....and I should know better too. But I'd rather beg for Jack instead
                        Desperate Thunker

Comment

It's mission impossible for me too...that's why I'm asking for help. Just knowing that you care helps....and I should know better too. But I'd rather beg for Jack instead
                          i wouldn't mind beggin for a little Jack ethier !!!!!!!!!!!

(gets puppy dog eyes ready)

Overvoice:

you could help this poor woman

yes you

she desperately needs some thunk

please help

hee hee nah really i mean it plezzzzz!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack

A while back when I was a fan of a couple of actors, I was asked by other fans to ante up(which I did) for the actors' "Stars" because the money was supposed to be raised by the fans, not the actors. It was then that I found out that, yes, if the money was raised, they were basically "in." If the actor wanted the star (one didn't at that time) I was happy to comply, but I essentially acquired and retained a cynical view how much an honor it really was. The tourists like it, fans get excited, and the Hollywood C of C is happy. Rules may have changed since then however.

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo
                              i wouldn't mind beggin for a little Jack ethier !!!!!!!!!!!

(gets puppy dog eyes ready)

Overvoice:

you could help this poor woman

yes you

she desperately needs some thunk

please help

hee hee nah really i mean it plezzzzz!!!!!!
                              EXCELLENT job here mishy. But, alas, no one is listening to our woes...no one at all....big sigh.
                              Desperate Thunker

Comment

EXCELLENT job here mishy. But, alas, no one is listening to our woes...no one at all....big sigh.
                                if only Tame we're here she'd save us!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X