RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
    Oh yes, I feel the same way!! It's so nice to have so many friends ( I can call you guys friends right?) of like mind, albeit mostly in the gutter, to turn to in times of RDA need.
    Of course we're friends!!!! *gives QE bear hug* Oh, I didn't hurt you did I?

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
      Of course we're friends!!!! *gives QE bear hug* Oh, I didn't hurt you did I?
      Yeah, Mel's right QE, we're all friends here ((((GROUP HUG))))

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
        Hmmm, I know the article says they've already done this on another show plus they're doing the same with Atlantis so it's not exactly 'unique' but I guess it answers the question were were speculating ages ago,namely what will the opening of the show look like without RDA.

To be honest, from my POV, although I might change my mind if/when I do see it (which, as I'm in the UK will probably not be till late summer / early autumn) it 'feels' okay, I mean the old opening credits from the last 8 seasons bereft of Jack / RDA are not something I'd feel at all happy looking at ...

*starts sniffing again*

Just need to take solace in Jack a sec ... please excuse me...

Well I see your point. But hacking that beautiful Joel Goldsmith theme just made me nuts. Not that season 9 means a lot to me anymore. But Joel Goldsmith is an artist and I think it's insulting to his talent and insulting to the show to crop the theme to make room for advertising. I'd never planned much on watching S9 but I think it's unfair to everyone looking forward to it. I had a lot of respect for the late Jerry Goldsmith and have a lot of respect for Joel's work and it makes me mad they'd axe the theme that IS SG-1. But I guess it just reaffirms that it's not Stargate SG-1 anymore. I don't know what the show is, but it's not looking like Stargate.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, Mel's right QE, we're all friends here ((((GROUP HUG))))

YEAH!!! (((Hugs all GGs back)))

I finally got to the end of the thread, and it's time for me to leave for church. My husband says sitting here worshipping RDA doesn't count.
            sig by PM

Comment

Well I see your point. But hacking that beautiful Joel Goldsmith theme just made me nuts. Not that season 9 means a lot to me anymore. But Joel Goldsmith is an artist and I think it's insulting to his talent and insulting to the show to crop the theme to make room for advertising. I'd never planned much on watching S9 but I think it's unfair to everyone looking forward to it. I had a lot of respect for the late Jerry Goldsmith and have a lot of respect for Joel's work and it makes me mad they'd axe the theme that IS SG-1. But I guess it just reaffirms that it's not Stargate SG-1 anymore. I don't know what the show is, but it's not looking like Stargate.
              ((((Mel)))) Actually I'm with you all the way there, it is a crying shame to lose what is essentially part of the show and has been since it began and yeah, it's insulting to pare it down just to make more room for advertising - sheesh, they already bulk out the hour segment with 18 or so mins of the stuff! I think you hit the nail on the head with 'it just reaffirms that it's not Stargate SG-1 anymore. I don't know what the show is, but it's not looking like Stargate' you took the words right out of my mouth.

Okay, back on topic ...

*goes to THUNK heaven* Gotta love petulant Jack ^^
              Last edited by Rune; 10 July 2005, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I finally got to the end of the thread, and it's time for me to leave for church. My husband says sitting here worshipping RDA doesn't count.
                (((QE))) Have a good day & see you soon

Smug Jack
                *SQUEE*

Comment

Awww poor Rune!!!! (((((hugs)))) Did the nasty-wasty paddle get you?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61...dy/promo70.jpg

Does this help? WARNING: saying what you're thinking right now could result in paddle bruises.
                  Thunk you Mel. I am now going to be no use whatsoever to my family for the rest of the day. In fact I am almost certain I can hear Jack [my 2-year-old not my clone] choking to death on his PBJ sandwich behind me as I type. But I just can’t tear my eyes away from Big Jack…

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Just tell him you are following in the path of Richardness.

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

Comment

Jack: FCOL Katkin, are you starin' at me that way again?

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/...e/djtrib-3.jpg
                        Jack: FCOL Katkin, are you starin' at me that way again?
                        Hussies the world over, there is only one word that springs to mind…
                        “%^(*&)*&^%$^_)(_**^&&^%^%^%·°‡‚‡?‚°‡?%(&^*&^*&^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Rune, you know me so well! Forget the Mac Mullet and blond highlights – it’s the Season 6/7/8 silver buzzcut that sends me sliding bonelessly to the floor, totally ignoring the kids while the roaches invade and the house burns down…

Comment

Couple of Singularity smiles

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X