Originally posted by meimei
    *hic* Wooky at de loverly piccies... *hic*

Uh oh, protect the neck; don't like the sound of Meimei
    sigpic

Comment

*growls* Neck!! Jack neck!! Yummy, yummmmmmmmmy!!! *hic*

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61
        For my 900th Jack in hospital bed whump. My fav! Poor baby, I'll make it all better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/shelly66/EnemyMine34.jpg

Shelly
        CONGRATS ON 900 SHELLY!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
          Guess Who? He doesn't like being at the bottom of the page.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../target03a.jpg
          peek-a-boo
          *waves hand in the air* I know who that is!!! Those eyes can never fool me. It's Mac!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
            *growls* Neck!! Jack neck!! Yummy, yummmmmmmmmy!!! *hic*

Yikes, happy hour! Where is a turtleneck when you need one?
            sigpic

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

*giggle* *giggle* *snort*

Ooooh, a loverly throat shot!! *hic*

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                  Found this photo tonight while surfing:

From 1992, RDA accepting the Telegatti Award, an Italian awards festival that honors national and international achievements in television. RDA is one of a handful of international actors who have won this award.

But that beard...that hair...those hands...

THUD!

Morjana

And then Kate advised me there was another picture from the same event on another page at the site:

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Is Jack trying to get away or looking for the gutter gals.

sigpic

Comment

Found this cute photo tonight while surfing:

Candid RDA photo from 1984!

And I liked the story that went with it:

http://mistycat.blogspot.com/

(I'm only posting the bits relevant to RDA here...)

Wednesday, March 02, 2005
                      Close Encounters of the Celebrity Kind

A while ago I posted a list and mentioned briefly there what I'm going to talk about in more detail today. And actually I misremembered my age ... I said I was 18, but being that the year was 1984 ... that would've made me 20. So anyway.

I used to work in downtown Calgary, very close to the Westin Hotel, and one day when I was out wandering around at lunch time, I saw a notice that there was going to be a big celebrity dinner there with the proceeds going to charity. Who would be in attendance? Why, Ed Marinaro and James B. Sikking of Hill Street Blues fame; Richard Dean Anderson and Sela Ward of (the short-lived series) Emerald Point N.A.S.; Dean Butler of Little House on the Prairie (and who I just found out was born & raised in Prince George, BC!!); plus some others that I'm drawing a blank on right now. The whole event was hosted by the former voice of Stampede Wrestling and Calgary Flames hockey, Ed Whalen, or as my brother used to always call him, Whalin' Ed. I decided then and there that I had to go, even though the ticket cost was pretty freakin' high. I don't remember exactly, but probably in the $100 smacker range. Of course, none of my friends being big stargazers, were interested in going with me. Especially when they heard the price. So I went alone.

**snippity doo-dah**

Printed on the ticket was the order of events for the evening, sorta like this:

5pm to 6pm: Have some cocktails and mingle with the stars!
                      6pm to 7pm: Dinner
                      7pm to 8pm: Charity Auction
                      8pm to Midnight: Dance

Of course, I was a teensy bit skeptical about the whole "cocktails with the stars" portion of the evening, but not nearly as skeptical as my friends. They all thought that all of the riff-raff would be on one floor of the Westin having cocktails, while the stars were in a separate hotel altogether having cocktails. I kinda thought it would be more along the lines of the riff-raff having cocktails divided by a glass wall where the celebs were having their cocktails. I figured we'd be doing a lot of waving and pointing and ****.

Imagine my surprise on my arrival to find that we did have cocktails with the stars. That evening, Calgary was playing second round playoff hockey (in the Smythe division semi-finals) with Vancouver and as excited as I was to be at the dinner, I was also thinking about the game. So the first person I approached was Ed Whalen, the voice of the Flames himself, to see if he knew the score in the game to that point. Luckily, he did. And even more luckily for me, with Ed having the booming announcer-dude's voice that he did, Richard Dean Anderson (who was standing across the room at the time) heard and came over to join us. Which is how I ended up talking hockey for over half an hour with Richard. Remember this was long before his McGyver series (where he often wore a Calgary Flames cap), so I consider myself one of the first riff-raff to know that RDA was a Flames fan. Which I thought was way cool.

**snippity doo-dah**

The end of the evening was a bit of a disappointment, because I was totally determined to dance with Ed, but when we all went back inside it was to discover that he had departed early. At the time, Sela and Richard Dean were living together, so they danced exclusively with each other (and might I also add here that Sela is a million times more beautiful in person than she is on the screen - she's breathtaking). That left Dean Butler, whom I approached and requested a dance from. Which is how I told Dean Butler while slow dancing in his arms, that I loved Little House on the Prairie and cried every time I watched it. He thanked me and dipped me.

The End.

posted by VegasBaby

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
                      http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
                      http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
                      http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Just bringing Jack back to the top

sigpic

Comment

Oh, Yummy!
                          I don't know how I missed it.

I'm not getting all my memos.
                          *glares at the comp* Shape up, Bud. Or I'll get Mac/Jack to fix your wagon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...legiance11.jpg

Rats. I have a pic of Mac pulling the pin on a grenade . At HOME
                          Shuffles off to corner to sit and drool for a while…

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            Hi hussies, I just wanted to thank everybody for all the wonderful pics posted. I'm now in a thunk-induced stupor!
                            Hey, stupor is as stupor does! As long as it’s thunk-induced it’s OK.

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

Comment

[QUOTE=Rune]My washing machine mutinied, it's been a horrible soggy day, thank goodness for this thread, now to just stick my eyes to the screen for foreseeable the future

Let's have another arm alert shall we

[center]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/...ack-fcirc1.jpg

OH GOD, I WILL NEVER BE THE SAME, DO YOU HEAR ME!!!!!! Those arms, that tee hanging just so on that lean frame, those combats slung low on the hip, that buzzcut, that profile, that ALL-OVER-BODY TAN… that scrumptious, luscious, edible thunkin hunk of a MAN… slumps off chair in slow motion to form pool of dribble under her desk…

RUNE PLEASE PM ME THIS IMAGE! I WANT IT FOR MY OWN PERSONAL USE.

Comment

JYNJYR THAT IS THE EXACT EXPRESSION MY CLONE WAS WEARING THIS MORNING WHEN HE REGAINED CONSCIOUSNESS…

And take a merit mark for best use of the tush today. But I’m surprised, nay, disappointed even… NO CLOSE UP OF THE ABS????!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X