This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Just a curiosity question - if the J/S ship "ruined her character", did it not also ruin Jack's character?
    Can't speak for anyone else, but for me the answer is an unqualified YES. By the time S8 was over, I was relieved he was leaving, and fervently wished he'd taken Sam with him. I'd have been happy to not see either one of them again. It wasn't ALL due to the J/S ship, but a good portion of it was.

To be honest, I'm not as negative toward Carter as I was - I did start feeling better about her in the 2nd half of Atlantis S4 and AoT. And I do enjoy her in the early seasons (mostly 1-3). But 7-10...not so much.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 20 June 2008, 10:37 AM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      Can't speak for anyone else, but for me the answer is an unqualified YES. By the time S8 was over, I was relieved he was leaving, and fervently wished he'd taken Sam with him. I'd have been happy to not see either one of them again. It wasn't ALL due to the J/S ship, but a good portion of it was.

To be honest, I'm not as negative toward Carter as I was - I did start feeling better about her in the 2nd half of Atlantis and AoT. And I do enjoy her in the early seasons (mostly 1-3). But 7-10...not so much.
      And that's a yes from me too. Just the thought of the two of them having an illicit relationship started to put me right off the character. I don't think a man like Jack would think so little of his rank and position that he would risk it all for a roll in the hay with a subordinate.
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
        And that's a yes from me too. Just the thought of the two of them having an illicit relationship started to put me right off the character. I don't think a man like Jack would think so little of his rank and position that he would risk it all for a roll in the hay with a subordinate.
        Well, I can't imagine that they had an illicit relationship, and I don't think the show was trying to portray that. But...he got all...strange after they started playing up the S/J thing. I enjoyed him in the early seasons, but he changed too, and I didn't like his character so much later. And a lot of that had to do with the way they portrayed the two of them together - it just turned me off both characters.

Oddly, while I have been able to regain some enjoyment from Sam's character in watching the early seasons, it's been harder to do with Jack, and that was a surprise for me because he used to be a favorite. Anyway, I hope that answers your question, hedwig. I don't want to write a thesis on it though, because I don't want to get smacked for being offtopic.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          Well, I can't imagine that they had an illicit relationship, and I don't think the show was trying to portray that. But...he got all...strange after they started playing up the S/J thing. I enjoyed him in the early seasons, but he changed too, and I didn't like his character so much later. And a lot of that had to do with the way they portrayed the two of them together - it just turned me off both characters.

Oddly, while I have been able to regain some enjoyment from Sam's character in watching the early seasons, it's been harder to do with Jack, and that was a surprise for me because he used to be a favorite. Anyway, I hope that answers your question, hedwig. I don't want to write a thesis on it though, because I don't want to get smacked for being offtopic.
          Yes, thank you. My question is answered. I also agree with the notion that they did not have any kind of illicit relationship. I think they were both too honorable and focussed on their jobs to do something like that. I always liked the Jack O'Neill character, but felt that he became less humorous, more serious (or something) the last couple of years he was on the show. I did like Sam better in the earlier years, but felt her character became a bit stale (if that's the right word) in the later years. It seemed to me the show focussed more on Daniel and Teal'c than on any of the others in the later years. But that's just my opinion. I could write a "thesis" on my opinions, too, but won't subject anybody to that.

Comment

I have just watched yet another Stargate episode, (Atlantis), where yet another character was fed the same old lines about how wonderful Sam was/is/always will be, how amazing she is at her job etc etc even though later in the episode she is given the boot. And I just have to say I am so sick of it.
            I have no idea why tptb feel the need to constantly tell us how great she is, when they seem incapable of actually showing us any greatness on the show/s.
            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
            X