Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good that this episode is about parasites causing people to want to sleep. Cameron Mitchell is one of them. He needs his rest.

I mean come on man, you're so bummed out about cross-overing from Farscape to Stargate that it shows. Really shows. It's all about the facial expressions. Lighten up, dude. I hope the producers will do justice with you.

Off-topic, Claudia Black continues to do banged up job with her character, balancing seriousness with sarcasm and doing fine. She certainly made her transition from Farscape more smoothly.

Seriously now. If any one of the producers happens to read these posts in Gateworld.net, do something with Mitchell. I don't know, pep-talk Ben, cheer him up, change the way he reacts to events. He just makes me miss O'neill by every episode that comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluestring
      waw i was wondering whether there was an anti mitchell thread. i find him annoying because he a) tries to be like jack and b) he called sam mary poppins. ouch. i mean jack could have got away with it but not him.
      Thankfully he's not as annoying as Jack was.

Comment

At least Jack had humour. About Cam being a colonel, i feel the same way about Sheppard. That Sam has to work 8 Years to get there and they only have to do one. Make Sam a full colonel and give her control of SG1.

Unlike a lot of people here, i haven't seen any of Farscape, so can only go on what i've seen of him in Stargate. Tell you now, not looking too good. He just feels so dead inside to me, maybe it's like you said, that it's because of Farscape getting cancelled, but PLEASE BEN!!!! If you're reading this, don't take Stargate with you. We like humour and life. that was one thing that drew me to Stargate, was that the people in it were acting like we would if we were placed in that situation. He's too cold and doesn't show real emotion. Lighten up! Have some downtime. Go for a beer. Have some fun.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex
          At least Jack had humour. About Cam being a colonel, i feel the same way about Sheppard. That Sam has to work 8 Years to get there and they only have to do one. Make Sam a full colonel and give her control of SG1.

Unlike a lot of people here, i haven't seen any of Farscape, so can only go on what i've seen of him in Stargate. Tell you now, not looking too good. He just feels so dead inside to me, maybe it's like you said, that it's because of Farscape getting cancelled, but PLEASE BEN!!!! If you're reading this, don't take Stargate with you. We like humour and life. that was one thing that drew me to Stargate, was that the people in it were acting like we would if we were placed in that situation. He's too cold and doesn't show real emotion. Lighten up! Have some downtime. Go for a beer. Have some fun.
          ... go fishing!

Seriously, Mitchell's bad attitude is getting on my nerves A LOT and it's rubbing off on the rest of SG-1. I thought the cast's motto was "If it's not fun, don't do it!" - what the heck happened? I mean, Cam has the SGC's most sought-after post and yet he's acting like he's been banished to Hell for eternity! If it's that bad he should give Sam *HER* team back and get the hell out of the way!
          Last edited by AmberLM; 25 July 2006, 03:31 AM.
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I gave Mitchell a chance, but man, he seems like such a flat character, I can't stand it anymore. He doesn't really contribute to the show in any other way than simply being there.

Vala on the other hand, is a character I have come to appreciate over time. I'm excited about what season 10 has in store for her. Mitchell on the other hand, bah! Sam's character totally deserved to lead SG-1. Why, oh why, couldn't they have just kept him as a Major or something?

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
              Mitchell on the other hand, bah! Sam's character totally deserved to lead SG-1. Why, oh why, couldn't they have just kept him as a Major or something?
              ... because TPTB couldn't possibly even entertain the idea of a *woman* being the lead in a serious TV show! Sorry for the snark but that's the only reason I can see for Cam leading SG-1. Quite frankly when I watch new episodes I ignore Cam as much as possible, he's a really poor substitute for Carter and O'Neill. There, I said the 's' word and I'm not taking it back because that's what he is!!!

Comment

Right on!

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Uh oh, Cameron's channelling Jack again!
                  Spoiler:
                  Why did he suddenly feel like interrupting Sam's explanation about the black hole to finish her sentence for her in 'Pegasus Project'? That's the type of thing Jack does with astronomy! *Bangs head against desk* Why, oh why can he not be given something unique and original for once instead of the writers having him channel O'Neill all the time?

Comment

Yeah but atleast
                    Spoiler:
                    mckay got to correct him later even i know that you cant see a blackhole only the matter going into it stupid cameron leave the science to sam and rodney

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex
                      Yeah but atleast
                      Spoiler:
                      mckay got to correct him later even i know that you cant see a blackhole only the matter going into it stupid cameron leave the science to sam and rodney
                      Yet we're expected to believe that Mitchell once aspired to join the space program.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                        ... because TPTB couldn't possibly even entertain the idea of a *woman* being the lead in a serious TV show! Sorry for the snark but that's the only reason I can see for Cam leading SG-1. Quite frankly when I watch new episodes I ignore Cam as much as possible, he's a really poor substitute for Carter and O'Neill. There, I said the 's' word and I'm not taking it back because that's what he is!!!
                        Bravo!

Is it possible to ignore Mitchell in the new episodes? I may try that technique myself.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          Bravo!

Is it possible to ignore Mitchell in the new episodes? I may try that technique myself.
                          I try as hard as I can to ignore Mitchell. I want a "Kick Cam in the Can" sig. A friend had made one for me once, not sure where I saved it.

Comment

does anyone else feel sometimes, like his some sort of crazy fan, wants to go 'save the world with SG1', always reminding us of Carter's brilliant plans that have saved the world so many times before?

about insiders

Spoiler:
                            when he said about not being in charge of anyone, did anyone else get a weird feeling that him or the writers have been reading the thread? Might just be me being...well...me nice that he said it, now all we need is for him to stop acting like he's in charge.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

I think the maid problem with Mitchell is that the writers wanted a "screw up" and excuse me, but when was it a good idea for a "screw up" to be a leading a well seasoned team that takes life and death situations seriously. Sorry writers but your "screw up" was a big screw up on your parts
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                                ... because TPTB couldn't possibly even entertain the idea of a *woman* being the lead in a serious TV show! Sorry for the snark but that's the only reason I can see for Cam leading SG-1.
                                Me too. I feel sick just thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X