Vala Mal Doran/Tomin Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    I just mean that it might pose of problem because...
    Spoiler:
    ...it takes away from the team. I mean, since they don't have a whole season to write little character episodes, I'd think that they'd need to keep the story pretty tight. Adding a family on the side for Vala wouldn't really fit very well with the overarching main storylines. The only thing I could see him doing in Continuum is pop in real quick when she says she's going on a mission. Then he'd disappear again. You see my problem? I don't know how he would fit into the movies in any kind of meaningful role. If we got an eleventh season, I think I'd be more optimistic about his fate.

And I am not trying to sound shippy here, but it seems that TPTB have been playing up the DV relationship more lately. While I could see Tomin playing an interesting role in that on a TV series, it would make things too complicated and Vala-centric in the movies.

I'm really not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to work through a plausible way to keep Tomin around, but I keep running into these road blocks.

In terms of recurring characters, I really like Tomin. I think that without him, Vala wouldn't be the woman she is today. While I am a staunch DV-Shipper, I can appreciate what Vala and Tomin share, because I think that they have a bond that is completely seperate from hers and Daniel's.

He's had an interesting story arc, but for a character that has little connection to anyone outside of Vala, short of joining the Stargate program or living on Earth with Vala, I see little options for the character

Despite all of these reservations, I will cross my fingers for Tomin's survival.

-Stef
    Oh okay, I see what you're saying. I think I read it too fast and misinterpreted it. Sorry

Spoiler:
    I see your point, definitely. I think things would be looking better for him if there was an 11th season. I don't see how they'd focus on him very much in Continuum definitely, especially with Vala disappearing with Teal'c, etc.

I guess one scenario I can kind of see happening is Tomin going back and finding people willing to join him against the Ori, although from what I've heard about Ark of Truth, it's going to pretty much wrap up the Ori storyline, isn't it? Or maybe I'm not remembering right...

If it is going to wrap up that particular storyline, I fear we won't get to see Tomin again. If that is the case, I just hope they keep him alive.

You make an interesting point in that it would take away from the team. I don't see them really focusing a lot on something like Vala's family in the movies. I've enjoyed the moments between Vala and Tomin, although I'm not one who likes seeing a huge focus of ship onscreen because I feel it can take away from the team dynamic. I do have my favorite pairings as evidenced from my sig and the ship threads I spend time in (*ducks* ) and feel as if I've been shafted this season in some cases, so I'm just hoping that the movies will come through for me as far as that's concerned.

And now I'm drifting very off-topic now, so I'll be quiet, lol... but I agree that I hope Tomin will survive and we'll get to see some nice moments between them before all is said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
      Spoiler:
      I guess one scenario I can kind of see happening is Tomin going back and finding people willing to join him against the Ori, although from what I've heard about Ark of Truth, it's going to pretty much wrap up the Ori storyline, isn't it? Or maybe I'm not remembering right...

If it is going to wrap up that particular storyline, I fear we won't get to see Tomin again. If that is the case, I just hope they keep him alive.
      That is a very good point...
      Spoiler:
      ...because The Ark of Truth is supposed to wrap up the Ori storyline. Since Tomin is as heavily tied to that storyline as Adria is, that makes me even more pessimistic about his survival. I don't think that they would keep around all of these characters from a storyline that they ended, especially since they are more interested in making stand-alone movies that can attract a broader audience and be more welcoming for newcomers. Tomin has had an arc over the past two seasons, an arc that is intertwined with the Ori....how could he work outside of that storyline, then becomes the question. I'm just hoping he goes back and continues the fight among his own people. It's better than being dead....and at least then there would be a chance of his return

-Stef
      Last edited by Stef; 03 May 2007, 04:08 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Agreed.

Spoiler:
        I'd love to see that happen, too. There have been so many characters in the Stargate universe who've had arcs tied up or storylines that were confined to one episode, but from what we assume they are most likely still alive, like Nem (Fire and Water), the Nox (did we ever learn what happened to them after Pretense?), The people from... oh I can't think of name of the planet, but it was the one from Touchstone, Daniel's grandfather Nick, Kynthia and her people from Argos, the people from The Land of Light as well as Jonas Hansons' planet (First Commandment), etc. You get the idea

If the two movies do well, maybe they could even revisit Tomin but there is a new type of threat, perhaps not directly related to the Ori, but something similar. I doubt it would probably happen, but it was just something I was thinking about.

Comment

Hey! Great thread! I've realized recently that I really like these two together. Hold on a sec... I'll go get caught up with the rest of the thread...
          Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom View Post
            Tomin was used by the Ori to kill, Vala was used by the Goa'uld to kill, and I'm sure she's been responsible for some deaths in her own life as a smuggler/rogue as well... they could bond over this!
            That's what I was thinking! Vala has suffered because of what the Goa'uld made her do. I'm sure she also did a lot of things that she's not at all proud of while she was a smuggler/rogue. Now, I think she sees how the Ori are manipulating Tomin and that, in his heart, he really and truly is (or at least, wants to be) a good person. They both have been lied to and cheated, I think that was one of the reasons why Vala grew to love him.

Originally posted by Saul Tigh
            my favorite couple on stargate vala should (hopefully) be with tomin when the series finally ends (including movies.
            I agree. Although, I don't think there's much of a chance of that happening...

Originally posted by nebulan View Post
            from that second cap I made this icon:
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../TominVala.jpg
            I've seen it, but I'm not sure I told you how much I like it!

Originally posted by sg1susan
            We need a Smily Face for Tomin.

sigpic

Comment

Okay, here's the Tomin smiley I made.

I can try to make a Tomin/Vala one if anyone is interested (kind of like the S/J one with the heart).
              Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know you already did it... I saw "we need a smiley" and I kinda jumped right on it...

they're great! Very cute.

Originally posted by sg1susan
              These are great Smileys they need to be put on the Greatworld choices.. How do you get them to do that? Hope someone knows so we don't always have to insert them as a picture.
              It's never happened before, as far as I know. Someone might have mentioned Camello and Myn's Smiley Shop... believe me, there are PLENTY of smilies people want added. In fact, I did talk to Darren and he said he'd think about adding some of ours, but we're going to have to choose from the best and/or most wanted, since there are too many to all go on the list. I can try to add Tomin if you want. I guess they'll have to choose between Jess' and mine... Well, Jess' looks more like the rest of them... so I guess it can be hers. No promises on getting any of them added, though.

sigpic

Comment

i like this relationship because, a- it's an alternative to daniel/vala , and b- the actor that plays tomin (tim guinee) is great!

in fact, i think tim is actually better than this show. i know that doesn't sound very nice for the show, but tim has such impact with his acting that it makes it worth induring more vala screen time just to see him.

yeah, i can't say i'm a real vala/tomin shipper, but i think their scenes together have power because vala has to be different than how she is with daniel, and tim is such a powerful actor.

would i want to see them officially end up together? yes. i think tomin is good for vala, and i think tomin *needs* vala.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

My sig says it all. I'm totally for Vala and Tomin!

For all assortment of Stargate Banners made by me- Click here!

Comment

Welcome to our little thread, majorsal, tanya and myn!! I agree, majorsal, Tim is great. I've always found Vala and Tomin's scenes quite powerful and very well done. I also think that he needs Vala.

Aw Myn, I love your smilies too!! Yours are more original/creative than mine It's cool that you talked to Darren about them... wonder if they'll get some more smilies up? Will be interesting to see which ones they end up adding, if they do.

Comment

Love this epi, great caps

Comment

LOVE these pics (and this scene).... *happy sigh* Thanks for posting them!!

Originally posted by Valatomin
                        Loved the Pictures of the Vala and Tomin Kiss. That is also one of my favorite episodes of the Year. Vala and Tomin look so good together. Why didn't he go with her?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...tomin_vala.gif
                        Welcome to the thread, Valatomin! I quite like that episode too and I loved that scene... I wished he'd gone with her too But there is a good chance we will get more scenes of them together in the first movie.

Comment

Thanks valaareyn
                          I just love their performance in Land in The Sand, i felt like i'm watching a play on stage.

Comment

That's a good way of putting it, valaCB... I agree

Comment

Just dropping off some basic Vala/Tomin banners I made
                              Spoiler:

Feel free to use

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

For anyone who doesn't know, the Couples Picture Contest is still going on. Yes, eventhough we've gotten to 8th place Let's try to get Tomin/Vala in the top 10 (let's get ninth )). HERE'S the link.

Your welcome for the banner, Tomin

-Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X