Vala Mal Doran/Tomin Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, here's the Tomin smiley I made.

I can try to make a Tomin/Vala one if anyone is interested (kind of like the S/J one with the heart).

Here's a cap from Crusade also.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the Tomin smiley! I love your sig, sg1susan!

I just made a Tomin/Vala one:

Welcome to the thread, valaareyn

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
        Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the Tomin smiley! I love your sig, sg1susan!

I just made a Tomin/Vala one:

Welcome to the thread, valaareyn

Love the smiley, good job!

I haven't been able to find any Vala/Tomin fic, at least that doesn't seem to be D/V as well, but if I do I'll post here

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by tomin
          Hey, Found another Vala/Tomin Video http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/Med...tItemId=308159 but it might be different then you expect. I am a Vala/Tomin Shipper but after watching this video you really want her to run away. Vala and Daniel might work out pretty good. ????????

I still am going to root for Vala and Tomin anyway. I must like abusive relationships...

????????
          Thanks for the link.

To be honest sometimes vids have clips spliced together to present a certain theme. Perhaps the person who made it isn't in favor of Vala/Tomin (no offense to the person... I'm just trying to rationalize it).

I know that Tomin has been a bit mean to Vala due to his acceptance of Origin, but after watching Line in the Sand (spoilers for the episode and for the first DVD movie)

Spoiler:
          I know that he loves her... He did slap her yes, but he apologized and they did kiss. And what he did in the end redeems him slightly in my eyes.

He is also supposed to appear in the first movie Ark of Truth. We may get to see more scenes between him and Vala and I doubt he will be so mean to her there since he will be interested in defecting from the Ori.

To each their own but that's how I see it. *shrugs*
          Last edited by JessM; 30 April 2007, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
            Love the smiley, good job!

I haven't been able to find any Vala/Tomin fic, at least that doesn't seem to be D/V as well, but if I do I'll post here
            Originally posted by sg1susan
            These are great Smileys they need to be put on the Greatworld choices.. How do you get them to do that? Hope someone knows so we don't always have to insert them as a picture. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...tomin_vala.gif
            Thanks guys! I'm not sure. I think all the smilies here were made by one of the guys from thescifiworld website (Gilles I believe his name is). There was a thread here where people were making their own smilies in the Fandom section. I think it was called "Myn and Camello's Smilie Shop." Maybe we could ask a mod about it?

Comment

I agree with both of you guys on that. Shame Tomin doesn't show up anymore in S10, but I am looking forward to seeing him in the first movie.

Comment

hopefully that resolution won't be Tomin dieing

Comment

Originally posted by Saul Tigh
                  tomin is supposed to be in the ark of truth so hopefully we will get a resolution
                  Originally posted by nebulan View Post
                  hopefully that resolution won't be Tomin dieing
                  I agree... I hope they spare Tomin's life. *crosses fingers*

Comment

I like Tomin but...
                    Spoiler:
                    ...I'm not sure how I can see him NOT dying. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to die, but if he's still alive then that means Vala and him will still be married. How are the writers going to work around that? Because I get the feeling that their end game is not Tomin/Vala (especially seeing as he's not in Continuum). I guess he could go back to his own galaxy, but wouldn't he be considered a traitor? I'm just not sure what would become of Tomin if he lived, poor guy

Not trying to get anyone down, just some questions I've been thinking about in regards to The Ark of Truth. If someone can come up with a good theory, I'll try to get behind it

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The only theory I can come up with that would allow Tomin to live is...

Spoiler:
                      they'd offer him sanctuary on Earth.

But then again since he's apparently going to come with them (or wants to anyway) to find the Ark, I guess it could be likely that he'll be killed... and even more so with TPTB's track record of killing off interesting characters

As for Vala still being married, I'm not sure why it would be a problem for the writers to work around that, unless it's because he won't be in Continuum. Who knows, maybe she could still be married but he's only referred to at certain points.

Maybe it's not such a good idea to be positive... I guess all we can do is just wait and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by tomin
                        Wow I think if Tomin is killed I will have to take it personally since I picked Tomin as my Screenname. I'm hoping that they are not including him in the credits of the second movie just like the didn't include him in the credits of Line in the Sand ontill the episode premired in the UK. This was to keep it a surprise. love Tomin
                        Now that I wouldn't mind too much (the "not including him in the credits" part of course).

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                          The only theory I can come up with that would allow Tomin to live is...

Spoiler:
                          they'd offer him sanctuary on Earth.

But then again since he's apparently going to come with them (or wants to anyway) to find the Ark, I guess it could be likely that he'll be killed... and even more so with TPTB's track record of killing off interesting characters

As for Vala still being married, I'm not sure why it would be a problem for the writers to work around that, unless it's because he won't be in Continuum. Who knows, maybe she could still be married but he's only referred to at certain points.

Maybe it's not such a good idea to be positive... I guess all we can do is just wait and see what happens.
                          I just mean that it might pose of problem because...
                          Spoiler:
                          ...it takes away from the team. I mean, since they don't have a whole season to write little character episodes, I'd think that they'd need to keep the story pretty tight. Adding a family on the side for Vala wouldn't really fit very well with the overarching main storylines. The only thing I could see him doing in Continuum is pop in real quick when she says she's going on a mission. Then he'd disappear again. You see my problem? I don't know how he would fit into the movies in any kind of meaningful role. If we got an eleventh season, I think I'd be more optimistic about his fate.

And I am not trying to sound shippy here, but it seems that TPTB have been playing up the DV relationship more lately. While I could see Tomin playing an interesting role in that on a TV series, it would make things too complicated and Vala-centric in the movies.

I'm really not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to work through a plausible way to keep Tomin around, but I keep running into these road blocks.

In terms of recurring characters, I really like Tomin. I think that without him, Vala wouldn't be the woman she is today. While I am a staunch DV-Shipper, I can appreciate what Vala and Tomin share, because I think that they have a bond that is completely seperate from hers and Daniel's.

He's had an interesting story arc, but for a character that has little connection to anyone outside of Vala, short of joining the Stargate program or living on Earth with Vala, I see little options for the character

Despite all of these reservations, I will cross my fingers for Tomin's survival.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by sg1susan
                            I have one idea of why they may keep Tomin around, and I do hope that they do because a do like Tomin/Vala. The writers never like to completely resolve the sexual tension between their shippy couples and what better way to keep things unresolved between Daniel and Vala then to keep Vala's husband around. Just a thought.
                            See, I could totally see that happening if we had gotten an 11th season. Tomin would have been a perfect foil for any kind of relationship between Daniel/Vala because Vala already has a relationship with him, loves him. However, if they were to try that in the movies, I feel like it would shift the focus to their "love-triangle" and away from the actual storyline. As much as I like Daniel/Vala and Tomin/Vala, I don't want the movies to be all about them I have a feeling that The Ark of Truth will be Vala-heavy as it is...what with Tomin (and maybe Adria) being key players. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, I'd like him to live but to ultimately part ways with Vala. Then maybe pop up at crucial times to help out the team, and complicate Vala's life I don't know if I can see them as a full-fledged couple right now, but I like the idea that they have this continuing connection with one another.

-Stef

Comment

I could see them possibly have Tomin go back to his people as a leader against the Ori. there's a possibility that doesn't have him dieing. I kinda doubt that his religion allows for divorces, but he doesn't really believe in his religion anymore! I really doubt he'll ever marry again tho, if he does survive the movie.

Comment

Found two more pics with them

Comment

Working...
                                X