No announcement yet.

The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'm going nuts here. In the span of the few hours, I've read two fanfics (albeit it McShep fics) that mentions Jack hugging Daniel fiercely and calling him "Spacemonkey".

According to one of the fics, it happened when he "came back from the dead". The other doesn't mention when it happened.

So what's up? Did this happen? Did I somehow miss this crucial episode, scene, whatever?!

Or is it just the same author using the same joke twice? >_>' >_>' <_<' <_<' Or some kind of cosmic coincidence or a ripoff or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
      Ok, I'm going nuts here. In the span of the few hours, I've read two fanfics (albeit it McShep fics) that mentions Jack hugging Daniel fiercely and calling him "Spacemonkey".

According to one of the fics, it happened when he "came back from the dead". The other doesn't mention when it happened.

So what's up? Did this happen? Did I somehow miss this crucial episode, scene, whatever?!

Or is it just the same author using the same joke twice? >_>' >_>' <_<' <_<' Or some kind of cosmic coincidence or a ripoff or whatever.
      It's from the end of the season 2 premiere episode, The Serpent's Lair (or Within the Serpent's Grasp, I always get those 2 names confused). Anyway, it's at the end of the ep after SG1 has saved the day and blown up the two Goa'uld motherships in orbit. With everyone still thinking Daniel was on board since he had been severely injured by a staff blast. He comes out from behind a crowd and Jack pulls him into a big hug and call him "Spacemonkey". It's like THE slashiest moment ever. It's so great.

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
        New Dr Jackson's Diary installment : January 26th-31st
        YAY!.....between that and the scarily compelling chin gerbil of MS in Sumuru (thanks Cindy!! ) I have plenty to keep me amused and entertained this weekend.....in between trips down to Canterbury and Jon's Uni....

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hey, here's a Pre-Alpha clip of my "THING!" video!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0wR8xOHZP4

Read only after watching the clip:
          Spoiler:
          Yes, that is footage from the movie! I thought it'd be different and poetic (since the first verse has the lines "We were strangers/Starting out on a journey/Never dreaming/What we'd have to go through/Now here we are/And I'm suddenly standing/At the beginning with you") to start the out using movie footage for the first verse!

Comments! Suggestions! Rep points?
          Loved your clip. I like your inclusion of scenes from the Movie. It could be just my crappy monitor but I couldn't make out what you had written for the credits. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.
          sigpic
          Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

After watching FallenAngel vid, I watch a few other J/D vids.
            The one by Saragerbernx "BULLETPROOF" is quite moving. Highly recommend you all checking it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrQrK...elated&search=
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
              This may be my fave moment ever:

http://pics.livejournal.com/switch842/pic/001aekrr

Seriously. Who besides husband/wives/girlfriends/boyfriends does that?
              Very caring COs?

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                Spoiler:
                It is sad that they don't seem to be able to write grown up relationships between people of opposing sexes without having to make it into something sexual. I have strong friendships with several men, really close ones, but there is no sexual sparkage there, we just get on well and work well together, no more, no less. Because we are civilised adults.

FF
                Yeah, me too, FF. Of course, I think they might have a clue on what men are like since EVERY. GUY. I. KNOW. asks me about my friendships with other guys. They are SO convinced that I can't be "just friends" with other guys. WhatEVER!

THING!!!

Dc: You see what this "ship" thing has done to them?
                Jc: What?

Comment

That Serpent's Lair scene is go going into my music video!

Originally posted by Scarym1
                  Loved your clip. I like your inclusion of scenes from the Movie. It could be just my crappy monitor but I couldn't make out what you had written for the credits. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.
                  It's just the fact that I encode all of my preview clips in MPG (VCD), which has generally crappy quality and then I uploaded it onto Youtube, which deteriorates quality even more.

The final product will have a 640 x 360 (or whatever) resolution (which means big) and be encoded in high-quality DivX .

Comment

The one by Saragerbernx "BULLETPROOF" is quite moving. Highly recommend you all checking it out.

Wow! that music video is amazing! i'll have to thank Saragerbernx for this wonderful video....now if you don't mind, i'm gonna read the latest Daniel's diary! Thankyouverymuch!!!!

Keep the faith,

kady
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow! Great vid. Who sings that song?

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                        Wow! Great vid. Who sings that song?
                        The song BULLETPROOF is by the group BLUE RODEO. A great Canadian Band. They ROCK!!!! I have seen them 3 times in concert.

Here is there official site - http://www.bluerodeo.com/

To make up for the off topicness.......

S10
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

Scarym, thanks for that link! that was one of the best vids I have seen in a long time. too bad I can't figure out a way to save that one to my hard drive...I'd like to put that one on my ipod video.

Comment

I agree Cindy.....lovely vid....very well thought out and the music was perfect.....thanks Scarym for posting the link......all my Stargate favourites will be full of YouTube links if I carry on like this though.....

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva
                              I agree Cindy.....lovely vid....very well thought out and the music was perfect.....thanks Scarym for posting the link......all my Stargate favourites will be full of YouTube links if I carry on like this though.....

Deeds xx
                              I demand to know what episode this is from (lol, I'll be doing this a lot for my music video! XD).

Comment

I demand to know what episode this is from (lol, I'll be doing this a lot for my music video! XD).

Hmmm says Upgrades on my files.....I sort of snurched it ages ago from someone.....so hope I'm right....

Of course you could include the "Forever In A Day" hug.....

Deeds xx
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X