The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    They are serial offenders, not just for SG1 but for Atlantis too.

And sorry for stretching the page, I have followed LJade's advice and put Daniel under Jack...

FF
    I don't mind it, my screen is really big! And guess what, as I came here, into this thread, right now, Evanesence... Bring Me To Life in my winamp... isn't it just great for the J/D slash?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
      I don't mind it, my screen is really big! And guess what, as I came here, into this thread, right now, Evanesence... Bring Me To Life in my winamp... isn't it just great for the J/D slash?
      Had to You Tube it.
      Yes, lovely. I've got some fanvids of J/D to some of Evanescence's tracks, My Immortal being one of them.
      I'm currently into a couple of bands called 'Beyond Temptation' and 'Nightwish' so I should most likely get some Evanescence, they are cut from the same sort of cloth.

FF
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
        Had to You Tube it.
        Yes, lovely. I've got some fanvids of J/D to some of Evanescence's tracks, My Immortal being one of them.
        I'm currently into a couple of bands called 'Beyond Temptation' and 'Nightwish' so I should most likely get some Evanescence, they are cut from the same sort of cloth.

FF
        Oh J/D vids with Evanesence song? You have a link maybe??

Nightwish is an awesome band, the song Sleeping Sun is so beautiful. It would be nice for a J/D vid, especially cause of the music.

sigpic

Comment

I was getting videos for the 'best song' thread in off-topic and I found this one and thought you all might enjoy it. For some reason I have a really easy time picturing Jack as John Wayne and Daniel as Dean Martin in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
            I was getting videos for the 'best song' thread in off-topic and I found this one and thought you all might enjoy it. For some reason I have a really easy time picturing Jack as John Wayne and Daniel as Dean Martin in this.
            that's classic!! and i can so totally see it too!!
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

That was awesome! It would be an amazing with Jack and Daniel, but it would be a very funny fanvid as well!

sigpic

Comment

This was classic!! I can totally see it. I've never seen Dean Martin and John Wayne performing together so thanks for that.
                sigpic

Comment

Newbie (to this board) question:
                  If in the future SG-1/SGA movies or the SGU show it is revealed that Jack and Sam are together would you, a fan of Jack and Daniel's friendship/relationship, continue on with series of movies or television shows? If so, or not, why?

I would not. I have a fundamental problem with the very old and tired pairing of the lead female and male in a series. For me the show/movie franchise never improves after the pairing. Most tend to get worse. Also, its been done to death and IMO the only show that ever got it right was the X-Files; but that was ruined when the Mulder character was removed from the show.

Also, and I know I am going to get ripped apart for this, but to me Sam and Jack have about as much chemistry as a grain of sand in a bucket of water. I have watched all the episodes and really tried to see it. Its just not their for me. Its like, hey she's the only regular fem, we gotta put Jack with someone and Daniel can't be it because he's a guy soooo.

Just my opinion.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by candylyn View Post
                    Newbie (to this board) question:
                    If in the future SG-1/SGA movies or the SGU show it is revealed that Jack and Sam are together would you, a fan of Jack and Daniel's friendship/relationship, continue on with series of movies or television shows? If so, or not, why?

I would not. I have a fundamental problem with the very old and tired pairing of the lead female and male in a series. For me the show/movie franchise never improves after the pairing. Most tend to get worse. Also, its been done to death and IMO the only show that ever got it right was the X-Files; but that was ruined when the Mulder character was removed from the show.

Also, and I know I am going to get ripped apart for this, but to me Sam and Jack have about as much chemistry as a grain of sand in a bucket of water. I have watched all the episodes and really tried to see it. Its just not their for me. Its like, hey she's the only regular fem, we gotta put Jack with someone and Daniel can't be it because he's a guy soooo.

Just my opinion.
                    Hi there, candylyn!

Sam and Jack getting together in the third film? Yawn.
                    Can we say Troi/Riker? A relationship well past its sell by date.
                    If the third film ever happens (and with the state of MGM at the moment, I really doubt it will ever be filmed) and is full of Sam wuvs Sir, I won't bother to watch or buy the film. I haven't got round to buying Continuum yet, I'll pick it up second hand at some point. Possibly.

Would it affect my love of Jack/Daniel? Not in the slightest.
                    As a slasher, I have never needed or wanted TPTB's (The Powers That Be) approval or compliance in my love of their relationship. Indeed, the further they are under the radar, the happier I am, fans write J/D much better than the show runners.

Canon relationships have never stopped any slash paring yet.
                    Right back to Kirk/Spock, the granddaddy of TV slash, the various hetro relationships the characters were thrown into never made any dint in the dedication or love of the slash fans.

If you want to visit this thread, we have a spiffy little discussion of why Sam and Jack is such a train wreck here - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=314&page=144

FF
                    sigpic

Comment

I won't get to see SGU until it turns up on terrestrial UK tv in about four years or so. Not losing sleep over it.

FF
                      Actually I noticed that full episodes are on www.imdb.com. Just go to the website and pull up SG.U stargate universe and the link to the episodes are in the upper right hand corner.
                      sigpic

Comment

i've yet to watch the other two movies.... i've kinda moved away from scifi as of late... the on screen Sam/Jack ship has never really bothered me... i mean, that's what fanfic's for.... so idt i'd be bothered if they got together in the sometime future... but from what i've seen of Sam in SGA and even that little bit in SGU, idt them getting together is highly likely.... Sam has reached that point in her career where a deeper personal relationship with Jack would be suicidal... besides, the bond they already have was formed during a time of war, and such bond, tho very strong, don't tend to last at that same intensity after said war is over.... the only reason why still see Jack and Daniel together despite not fighting together on the front lines anymore, is b/c Daniel is too much of a civilian, and far too stubborn to let their relationship fizzle out... he'd fight for it... something that i just don't see Sam or Jack doing, or they would have done it by now....
                        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well I discovered last night that I had not updated the Lost Treasure album...so this morning I have done so......I am using a different screen capture program and although it did not catch all of the moments the ones it did catch were great!...even if I do say so myself...

Lost Treasure of the Grand Canyon

See what I mean?

Kriss
                          sigpic

Comment

HAPPY SLASHGIVING TO
                            ALL THE BAD WOMEN!!

Spoiler:

"No Daniel, it does NOT taste like turkey!"

Deeds xx
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                              HAPPY SLASHGIVING TO
                              ALL THE BAD WOMEN!!

Spoiler:
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/dancingwallnut/IMGP5601.jpg
                              "No Daniel, it does NOT taste like turkey!"

Deeds xx
                              Why Deeds, I am starting to suspect you might well be a Bad Woman (tm).

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

Happily, this thread is full of Bad Women (tm) and the occasional bad fellah.

Comment

Working...
                                X