No announcement yet.

The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I saw all those vids on youtube, I just don't know how to find them again
    All the best fics-recced can be found at livejournal on community : stargateficrec or jackslashdaniel.
    sigpic
    sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by tayradio View Post

The show wouldn't have lasted for ten years, plus, including films and spin-offs if they didn't have some darned talented people in front of and behind the cameras. Some of the characters weren't my cup, but it's a TV show, it's fiction, it's entertainment.... it's not like I could do a BETTER job myself, so....
      Stargate has always been my weekly night of pure escapism from the stresses of real life. I always loved the interaction of the characters and their stalwart support for and acceptance of each other. It's a shame real life is not more like the sg-1 team. I certainly agree the cast and crew have done a wonderful job over 10 years. I don't think there would be so many people waiting for the next movie or even participating on the gw site if the show had not emotionally touched our lives in some capacity.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by strider6 View Post
        I don't think there would be so many people waiting for the next movie or even participating on the gw site if the show had not emotionally touched our lives in some capacity.
        Bingo. Even pure escapist entertainment can touch us emotionally, and SG-1, or more acurately *the characters and actors* did. The Jack/Daniel relationship touched me from day one, and it was a joy to watch it evolve. Sometimes it was painful, like season four when they seemed to be sniping at each other SO MUCH but.... who HASN'T had a friend they had a difficult period with when you spend SO MUCH time together? There's a point in even the best of friendships or marriages when ya just can't stand the sight of the other person. People grow and sometimes they grow apart and I think season four was a period of adjustment for the boys. And then they grew back towards each other and it was a huge sigh of relief from me that they did.

It didn't have anything to do with explosions or cool spaceships or aliens or makeup and costumes or even PLOTS.... it was the characters and what emotions they brought out in me, too.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
          Do any of you lovelies have a rec list or a few bookmarks for links to J/D fanvids or fanvid creator sites laying around, you tube or otherwise? I had a virus eat my computer alive and had to reinstall windows from scratch.

I have my fanfic either stored on a flash drive or bookmarked on delicious, so I am okay there, but I only kept links to and downloads of fanvids on my hard drive. Not a good thing , espcially when I don't know a lot of the artists. That'd make googling so much easier!

I'm especially looking for:
          The J/D vid to a Bad Touch song OMG. this was my fav and I can't find it anywhere.

@ A Jack/Daniel to Ethridge's "Angel's Would Fall"
          @ The Jack-Daniel vid to the 'If you were gay" skit.
          @Two that wee sort of Jack/Daniel Daniel/Paul vids, I think might have been tributes to the Diary. I think one was made to "Smack my B**ch up"
          One to 'Stay with me" by Shakesprere Sisters and one to an Evenesence song, "Wake me up" I think it's called.
          @ One that's done to the Avril song "Girlfriend". That was another of my favs! I found the Sam/Jack vid for that song because someone gave me a link to their S/J fanvid list. I haven't found a J/D list though.

There's probably a ton more I'm missing. Some I know I had to download, some I just watched streaming vids of online. Oh, the J/D vid to The Ketchup Song, too. That cracks me up.

PM me or post them here or email them to me at heliospere65 at g-mail if y'all would be so kind.
          I've got some of those, not particularly good quality though, I'll send you them when I get home from work.

Bingo. Even pure escapist entertainment can touch us emotionally, and SG-1, or more acurately *the characters and actors* did. The Jack/Daniel relationship touched me from day one, and it was a joy to watch it evolve. Sometimes it was painful, like season four when they seemed to be sniping at each other SO MUCH but.... who HASN'T had a friend they had a difficult period with when you spend SO MUCH time together? There's a point in even the best of friendships or marriages when ya just can't stand the sight of the other person. People grow and sometimes they grow apart and I think season four was a period of adjustment for the boys. And then they grew back towards each other and it was a huge sigh of relief from me that they did.

It didn't have anything to do with explosions or cool spaceships or aliens or makeup and costumes or even PLOTS.... it was the characters and what emotions they brought out in me, too.
          I do wish TPTB would realise that (though I disagree about the plots; I need a good story too).
          Jack and Daniel's relationship had a very natural ebb and flow over the years as they changed and grew and affected each other. And you can't understate the influence of Sam and Teal'c too, the whole team evolved, affected and influenced each other.
          It's sometimes too easy, when you pair up a couple of characters and get into the ship/slash for them, to exclude the other two members of the team. No relationship on SG1 functions in a vacuum; Jack and Daniel are always going to be affected by Sam and Teal'c too, just by virtue of working so closely together. The good fanfic addresses this (and it's part of my reason for loving OT3/OT4, as well as the fact I am a Bad Woman (tm) and just like smut) and so should the writing on the show itself.

FF
          Last edited by Frostfox; 19 November 2008, 09:50 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
            Do any of you lovelies have a rec list or a few bookmarks for links to J/D fanvids or fanvid creator sites laying around, you tube or otherwise? I had a virus eat my computer alive and had to reinstall windows from scratch.

I have my fanfic either stored on a flash drive or bookmarked on delicious, so I am okay there, but I only kept links to and downloads of fanvids on my hard drive. Not a good thing , espcially when I don't know a lot of the artists. That'd make googling so much easier!

I'm especially looking for:
            The J/D vid to a Bad Touch song OMG. this was my fav and I can't find it anywhere.

@ A Jack/Daniel to Ethridge's "Angel's Would Fall"
            @ The Jack-Daniel vid to the 'If you were gay" skit.
            @Two that wee sort of Jack/Daniel Daniel/Paul vids, I think might have been tributes to the Diary. I think one was made to "Smack my B**ch up"
            One to 'Stay with me" by Shakesprere Sisters and one to an Evenesence song, "Wake me up" I think it's called.
            @ One that's done to the Avril song "Girlfriend". That was another of my favs! I found the Sam/Jack vid for that song because someone gave me a link to their S/J fanvid list. I haven't found a J/D list though.

There's probably a ton more I'm missing. Some I know I had to download, some I just watched streaming vids of online. Oh, the J/D vid to The Ketchup Song, too. That cracks me up.

PM me or post them here or email them to me at heliospere65 at g-mail if y'all would be so kind.
            I deffo have "Smack My You know what" one up and another made by mabinogi called Versus (am not sure if that's the other one you wanted) - both are in WMV format and I can email them to you if you want...

I also have a vid to "Stay" and I think (will have to check) "Wake Me Up" - however there are a few that have been made to these tunes so I'm not sure if they are the right ones....I can email those too and I also think they're in WMV format...

Let me know if you want 'em...

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
              It's sometimes too easy, when you pair up a couple of characters and get into the ship/slash for them, to exclude the other two members of the team. No realtionship on SG1 functions in a vacuum; Jack and Daniel are always going to be affected by Sam and Teal'c too, just by virtue of working so closely together. The good fanfic addresses this (and it's part of my reason for loving OT3/OT4, as well as the fact I am a Bad Woman (tm) and just like smut) and so should the writing on the show itself.

FF
              That's one of the reason that I loved the Diary so much - there was so much going on with the other characters, too. Sam and yogurt. Siler. Janet and her.... fascinations. LOL Princess and Teal'c and *everyone* had something going on and everything was kind of interwoven and nice. And fluffy.
              sigpic

Comment

That's one of the reason that I loved the Diary so much - there was so much going on with the other characters, too. Sam and yogurt. Siler. Janet and her.... fascinations. LOL Princess and Teal'c and *everyone* had something going on and everything was kind of interwoven and nice. And fluffy.
                Sam/Siler/Raspberry yoghurt!!!!!
                Sheer genius.

And Janet/Princess/Spork!

FF
                sigpic

Comment

And Norman - the "eat anything, including Daniel's ass" cat.....*snortle*....

OK it's not the real Norman, but it'll do....

Deeds xx
                  sigpic

Comment

This could be Normal. He's onery enough.

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post

Deeds xx
                      That is one big cat, Deeds! Is he yours?

Comment

Originally posted by meimei View Post
                        That is one big cat, Deeds! Is he yours?

Sadly no.....I just google imaged "fat ginger cat".....*snortle*.....

Magnificent specimen isn't he?....

Deeds xx *hiding the make up and other "liquid" objects*...
                        Last edited by discodiva; 19 November 2008, 12:00 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meimei View Post
                          This could be Normal. He's onery enough.

He's beautiful.....

And I bet he doesn't eat lube!...

Deeds xx
                          sigpic

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/dancingwallnut/nyabo_lg.jpg[/IMG]

Deeds xx
                            You... are a VERY Bad Woman (tm)!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

He's beautiful.....

And I bet he doesn't eat lube!...

Deeds xx
                              Ah yes, Norman and ElBee Bates.

Max was very, very nearly called ElBee, particularly after The Incident.

For the one or two of you not in the know, Max bit me, when I'd only had him for three hours, causing me two days in hospital, a general anaesthetic, an operation, two weeks off work, six weeks physiotherapy...

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                                Ah yes, Norman and ElBee Bates.

Max was very, very nearly called ElBee, particularly after The Incident.

For the one or two of you not in the know, Max bit me, when I'd only had him for three hours, causing me two days in hospital, a general anaesthetic, an operation, two weeks off work, six weeks physiotherapy...

FF
                                And the psychotherapy???
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X