No announcement yet.

The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I just got in from lunch with Momma and Granny. Granny is such a hoot! She had us rolling telling jokes. I was afraid the restaurant would throw us out for making too much noise!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEI MEI!!!

Sounds like u had a great day! ((big hugs))

Comment

happy b-day mei mei
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Ronja & CKO!

Comment

Before it's the end of the day....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEI MEI!!!

May all your slashy dreams come true! Congrats again for becoming a published author. We always knew you were great, now the world can know as well!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
            Photobucket

Comment

Thanks, Erin! On both counts!

Comment

**nell enters thread with eyes closed**

I come to wish meimei a

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Giant hugs to Nell for braving the J/D thread to wish me a happy birthday! LOL Thanks, sweetie!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei View Post
                    Giant hugs to Nell for braving the J/D thread to wish me a happy birthday! LOL Thanks, sweetie!
                    LOL! Glad to drop in! *stumble bump whack**nell mumbles about keeping her eyes closed*
                    OK, see ya around, um, no pun intended!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                      And, shamelessly stealing trupi's post, best wishes from me too and Congratulations on yet another sale!!!!!!!!! you clever thing you (what a birthday pressie!)

Jared and Dalton. Hmm... not fooling any one here!

FF on her hands and knees defrosting the freezer
                      just don't let our boys help defrost the freezer!! *snickers*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                        Nope.....and I doubt none of us will......I'm still getting over the fact that the writers were soooo incredibly wonderful to us in this episode.....it's made the bitter sweet ending of this fabulous series all the more bearable to me....

Deeds xx *4 views and counting so far*
                        Funny, I was feeling exactly the same. I think I can bear the end because I know that all really is well between The Boys.
                        When the chips are down, they are there for each other and, though I'm a dyed in the wool slasher, who cut her teeth on S&H waaay too many years ago, it's the friendship that is really important and has to come first for me to see the slash potential at all. Does that make sense?
                        Anyway, I'm still squeeing and smiling especially over
                        Spoiler:
                        Sleepyhead; "Hello, Merlin!" and, possibly my favourite bit of dialogue "Trusting you!" said in an extremely camp manner!

Sandra *four full viewings; countless rewinds of a certain scene right near the end*

Comment

Are we really that scary?
                          It's only love, after all.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                          Nope.....and I doubt none of us will......I'm still getting over the fact that the writers were soooo incredibly wonderful to us in this episode.....it's made the bitter sweet ending of this fabulous series all the more bearable to me....

Deeds xx *4 views and counting so far*
                          That's a lovely thought. Bittersweet. Yeah. It was a lovely gift to all us patient J/D fans.

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
                          Funny, I was feeling exactly the same. I think I can bear the end because I know that all really is well between The Boys.
                          When the chips are down, they are there for each other and, though I'm a dyed in the wool slasher, who cut her teeth on S&H waaay too many years ago, it's the friendship that is really important and has to come first for me to see the slash potential at all. Does that make sense?
                          Anyway, I'm still squeeing and smiling especially over
                          Spoiler:
                          Sleepyhead; "Hello, Merlin!" and, possibly my favourite bit of dialogue "Trusting you!" said in an extremely camp manner!

Sandra *four full viewings; countless rewinds of a certain scene right near the end*
                          S&H was one of my eariest TV obsessions at the tender age of 13. I didn't even comprehend why I liked it, though I realised in later years. I've resisted buying the DVDs as lots of programmes I liked when younger (The Champions, The Saint, seveal others) haven't stood the test of time so I'm afraid I'd be disappointed.
                          J&D friendship is terribly important to me too. Slash is my projection on the relationship, M/M is my kink, but there has to be a solid foundation. And there is.
                          Love is more than sex.

FF, three viewings so far (and rewinding
                          Spoiler:
                          'Sleepyhead'
                          countless times).
                          sigpic

Comment

I reckon we must be of a similar age Frostfox. I fell totally in love with the S&H relationship and I couldn't fathom out why (other than I thought both were gorgeous and hence plastered them all over my bedroom walls.)
                            It took years, and lots of other buddy shows, for me to realise that it was the mm friendship that was the hook.
                            I loved The Champions (orange make-up notwithstanding) Simon and Simon and my much-loved, never-taped and never-seen-again The Quest ... brothers/budddies, there was a definite theme developing here!
                            Invest in the S&H DVDs ... most eps have stood the test of time pretty well. Some eps were ground-breaking (especially the one where they had to find the killers of their gay cop buddy). Some eps clearly haven't ... but that can be said of just about any show.
                            Anyway. Love live the buddy show
                            And J/D is by far the most interesting, believable, complex and loving friendship I've come across anywhere on TV. And I love it to bits!
                            Sandra

Comment

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I just got in from lunch with Momma and Granny. Granny is such a hoot! She had us rolling telling jokes. I was afraid the restaurant would throw us out for making too much noise!
                              Happy belated Birthday MeiMei!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Beings a star trek Fan, I have heard about SLASH. It wasn't until five years ago when I got involved in online STARGATE fandom that I read my first J/DSLASH fic. It took awhile but now I totally into it. I even branched out in McShep. I blame by late blooming on growing up in a very, very small town and having no one to show me the wonder that is THING.

The funny thing is I just can't do it outside of the Stargate Universe.

sigpic
                                Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Working...
                                X