welcome phibi! and yesh, the Shroud was absolutely delectable

~Lilith, drooling over the youtube edition
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
      *bounce in*

Awwww this is just so sweet!!!

Just like old times.... J/D ... thanks to Daniel's Shadow for pointing it out to me hon!! I almost missed it

From the Shroud

Edit: Made a quicky icon to go with it

Spoiler:

And lol it just looks like he's positively purring in this one!!
      Thanks hun.

Those scenes really shows the affection that they have for each other. So slashy!! Purring is such an apt word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
        Having re-watched the Shroud uh more than once, just had a few more thoughts relating to J/D (well what else)

Spoiler:
        When Daniel mentions what happened in Abyss to Jack
        (he says something like "I was there the whole way through") are we to assume Daniel now remembers this - unless I'm missing something it's always been said that Daniel doesn't remember anything from the time he was ascended - or is he just saying this based on what we can assume Jack has told him about it?

On a lighter note I loved the whole scene when Daniel beamed Jack up to the ship, of course we get the classic "Daaaniel" "Jaaack" and you can tell Daniel is so pleased to have Jack there even though it's a bit of a strange situation, and they're just so damn comfortable together.
        Jack isn't too phased by Daniel being a Prior, I think that these days nothing Daniel does could shock him anymore
        And of course Daniel needs him and Jack misses being needed...

The bit where Daniel does the hand signal thing to Jack in the infirmary and says "If I were Merlin you would know" the way Jack looks at himself I'd say he was expecting to lose some clothing there and I think Daniel knows it
        (flag scene in reverse perhaps?)

There was no crew on the Odyssey so presumably someone had to get Daniel changed from the suit he was wearing whilst captured into those infirmary clothes. Of course Jack had to do it, making sure Vala was well out of the way obviously

That's enough analysis for now I still can't get over the hair ruffling...
        Shroud. Duh!
        Spoiler:
        Hm, you mean there was anything other than a J/D slashy lurve fest going on in this episode? I must have been distracted and missed it.
        I can see several plot holes, quite a lot I'd change, including some of RDA's acting choices but it's not going to stop me drooling over the hair ruffling.

I think the hand movement in the infirmary was meant to gag Jack the way Merlin did Ba'al. But I'm very happy to put on my slashy coloured glasses and think that it might be a getting rid of clothes spell instead. Would have been nice if it had worked... Foxy's mind in The Bad Place, again.

I wish Sam had been in the infirmary at the end. Mitchell, Vala(or even better, both of them) could have been piloting the ship; I'd have liked a little original team moment there, where they could all be there for each other, whole once more. I've grown fond of both Cam and Vala but nothing beats the original chemistry for me.

Might have to go watch it again, just in case I missed anything pertinent, you understand.

Welcome to our little thread, phibi, tis small, but perfectly formed.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

thanks for welcoming me

the shroud has activated my sleeping D/J braincells again *lol*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
          Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
            Desktop calendar wallpaper thingy for February. Hope you like it! Click thumbnail to go to full size image

I was in such a rush to post after watching The Shroud last night that I've only just begun to catch up with posts.....

LOVE the wallpaper Kerri.....duly snurched with thanks!....

Deeds xx
            Last edited by discodiva; 03 February 2007, 07:15 AM.
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
              Hi,
              Just popping in to say I've got a short fic posted at Area 52. It's J/D (is there any other form of fic?). It's two men and a gym. It's called Reflected Glory.
              http://www.area52hkh.net/author.php?name=jdjunkie

Enjoy!
              jdjunkie (who is still on a post Shroud high and walking around with a ridiculous grin on her face )

It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?......After our patience we were rewarded with one of the most perfect J/D episodes for eons!.....

Thoroughly enjoyed the fic too.......warmed me up nicely after a cold journey home from Cornwall yesterday!.....*snickers*.....

Deeds xx
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meimei View Post
                Great wallpaper, Switch! I love the shots from each season!

*waves to mei mei*......is FF still cracking that whip then?.....

Deeds xx
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                  *pops in for the first time*

hey folks, i'm new here, but you all are speakin' my mind... I've seen the shroud today and i was thinking the same thing like you've all said here

Spoiler:
                  hair ruffling, sleepyhead and banter.. just like old times... i didn't know, how much I really missed it..
                  those two guys are just meant for each other
                  i love this ep. just great. big time!!

(((((phibi))))....Welcome and happy Jack/Daniel Thunking/Discussing/THING!ing...whatever floats your boat!....

Deeds xx
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                    Welcome to our little thread, phibi, tis small, but perfectly formed.

FF

*resists the urge to reply with a "Princess-like" quip on small but perfectly formed things!*.....

So instead I'll bung up a few caps I seem to have snaffled from around GW and the jackslashdaniel.com forum of THAT scene at the end....

Spoiler:

And he sneaks in for the kill.....

And indeed if looks could kill.....

Is he sorry?....Is he heck!!.....

Deeds xx
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                      *waves to mei mei*......is FF still cracking that whip then?.....

Deeds xx
                      *cackle* Her whip cracking worked! The short story I was working on sold! Mailed contracts yesterday, working on edits today! Another m/m angsty love fest!

I'm so tempted to find a way to watch the Shroud. It sounds perfectly yummy! But I'll wait until it airs here and just read all the fantastic spoilers! Yes, I am a spoiler slut. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful info and piccies!

*runs off to finish edits*

Comment

*cackle* Her whip cracking worked! The short story I was working on sold! Mailed contracts yesterday, working on edits today! Another m/m angsty love fest!

I'm so tempted to find a way to watch the Shroud. It sounds perfectly yummy! But I'll wait until it airs here and just read all the fantastic spoilers! Yes, I am a spoiler slut. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful info and piccies!

well, if you change your mind, i know where to find it on YouTube... just give me a yell, and i'll tell you where
                        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                        sigpic

Comment

M/M angst, mmmmm my favourite sort! Congratulations, again meimei.

xxxx FF
                          sigpic

Comment

Well done meimei!....that's fantastic news.....what a talented hussy you are!....

The Boys are thrilled.....if a little nervous about where your next adventures might lead you......

Spoilers for 200.....

Spoiler:

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Deeds! I think I'm finished with edits. I need to send it to my critique partner for a quick read through. But first, a nap is looking really good.

And the boys should always be nervous around me. *cackle*

Comment

just wondering....

spoilers for The Shroud....

Spoiler:
                                when jack meets prior!daniel for the first time in the holding room, did anyone else think that the bickering/arguing bit, starting with the "This is new bit!!", was making Jack and Daniel look extremely camp (i.e. Graham Norton! I know, i know! *shrugs*) and very gay? I mean, i actually said, out loud to myself, "Jack, could you get any gayer?!" I don't know why i saw them as being very camp at that point i just did!! Please tell me i'm not the only one who noticed this?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X