This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    Well, JM said that Mobius was so confusing that it made a producers head explode so be careful! Head spinning may just be the first step! LOL!
    I wouldn't be shocked if that producer was RDA. He probably wasn't in any of the story meetings due to his schedule. Imagine how insane it would be trying to catch up on a convoluted story like that with a part-time schedule.
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
      That's true.
      I don't want it to be mentioned every 2 seconds either, but it's odd that they treat the whole topic this way.
      Spoiler:
      Sacrifices for example, would have been an occasion to say something in this direction, so that we know the propsosal was real and still an issue. I don't know why TPTB do that? Did they change their mind, because of the fan reactions or what?
      I'm not complaining! Just curious....
      I'd like to think they're being somewhat sensitive to fan reactions, but that's probably not it. They've never been big on mentioning ongoing elements unless they tie in directly to the plot of an episode. We don't hear about how Cassie is doing or what rogue elements like the NID are up to unless they're somehow related to the episode at hand. TPTB seem to like to keep stories as self-contained as possible -- probably so episodes will make sense when aired out of order in syndication and whatnot. So it's likely just business as usual that certain plot elements in season 8 have been left alone unless they're a major part of an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
        Am I missing something in Affinity?

Spoiler:
        When Sam accepts Pete's proposal (yuck), it seems like there should have been some revelation that made her decide to accept. But I don't see anything that happens from the time he asks her to the time that she does accept that would influence her decision. Unless you count the fact that Jack didn't *do* anything to stop her (except look sad and defeated).

Jack needs to stop taking the high road.
        (It's an expression, isn't it?)
        Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.Affinity
        Spoiler:

She takes two weeks to decide, giving a lame excuse about why she hasn't made a decision, then on the spare of the moment accepts. I don't understand what sways her in favor of accepting a his proposal besides the fact he helps her find Daniel. Sam isn't a spontaneous person.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
          Hi everybody I want an opinion of you guys.There are a lot of shippers here that can make video's about Sam and Jack.Now I'm organizing a award.I got 3 pictures here from 3 scenes out of differen episodes of the show that has been used many times by many creators of the Sam and Jack video's.Now I want to know wich scene you liked best choose only out of these 3:

This picture is where Sam can't pass through the forcefield and Jack won't leave her behind.
          If you like this scene vote picture nr 1
          http://img92.exs.cx/img92/329/nominee01.jpg

This picture is where they find out they are Za'tarcs and that Jack is taken away to freeze him in cryogenic suspension
          If you like this scence vote picture nr 2
          http://img93.exs.cx/img93/7277/nominee02.jpg

This scene is from out of Window of Opportunity where Jack gives George his resecnation and where he kisses Sam passionatly You can see General Hammond with this face OMG !!
          If you like this scence vote picture nr 3http://img93.exs.cx/img93/5733/nominee03.jpg

Make sure you say Picture nr ... Tommorow I'll let you know who wins the Award for best scene

I don't understand what it has to do with the award....(Sorry!!! I'm a little slow today )

But I vote for pic nr 3!!!
          Because it's with Jack and Sam.....and they are KISSING FCOL!!! If that's no reason to vote it...*LOL*

Comment

Hello Shippers

I'm in school! I love Sam and Jack!

Goodbye Shippers

*Runs for bus*
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              Spoiler:

She takes two weeks to decide, giving a lame excuse about why she hasn't made a decision, then on the spare of the moment accepts. I don't understand what sways her in favor of accepting a his proposal besides the fact he helps her find Daniel. Sam isn't a spontaneous person.

Exactly.

Spoiler:
              Things like that happen all the time to Sam. Not something to sway a person. If finding Daniel was all it took to bring two people together, Sam and Jack would have been together years ago.
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by aske
                I would hate to see the PTB use AT's pregnancy at a plot devise. I'm sure they're a whole lot smarter than that; at least, they've never given any indication that they would do such a thing. Hopefully, if they ever did a baby senario it would be in future movies. Well after the next season (if there is one) anyway.
                I really doubt they would incorporate Amanda's pregnancy. Most of the visible portion of it is happening during the mid-season break portion of the filming cycle. She wasn't likely showing when they wrapped season 8. Her due date is close to when a new season's filming would start, if there was one. There's really nothing to work around or include except a reason for having her around less in the first few episodes. There are lots of ways to manage that -- including starting filming a few weeks late.

Shows also hide pregnancies all the time. There are some hysterical outtakes from the Cosby Show back when Phylicia Rashad was pregnant, but her character wasn't. Cosby was having great fun moving grocery bags and other obfuscating items out of the way to show off the belly they were hiding and to crack her up. And there's a show that could have written in a pregnancy trivially, but didn't. In more recent examples, Will and Grace, Judging Amy, JAG, and The West Wing all worked around/hid the pregnancies of actresses on those shows recently. It's really not that hard.

There's really no reason to believe the Stargate folks would include Amanda's pregnancy when it's only going to be visible for a couple potential weeks of filming that she might not even be up to doing. I find it far more likely they'd plan some stories focusing on the other characters and have Sam's role for a few episodes involve standing behind a lab bench providing a little exposition on the alien doodad of the week.

Comment

Hi everybody I want an opinion of you guys.There are a lot of shippers here that can make video's about Sam and Jack.Now I'm organizing a award.I got 3 pictures here from 3 scenes out of differen episodes of the show that has been used many times by many creators of the Sam and Jack video's.Now I want to know wich scene you liked best choose only out of these 3:
                  NUMBER 3
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                    Am I missing something in Affinity?

Spoiler:
                    When Sam accepts Pete's proposal (yuck), it seems like there should have been some revelation that made her decide to accept. But I don't see anything that happens from the time he asks her to the time that she does accept that would influence her decision. Unless you count the fact that Jack didn't *do* anything to stop her (except look sad and defeated).
                    I got the same impression, but also couldn't figure out what that key revelation was or when it hit her. My current best explanation involves sloppy writing and/or weak editing, but perhaps somebody else has a better idea.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                      I got the same impression, but also couldn't figure out what that key revelation was or when it hit her. My current best explanation involves sloppy writing and/or weak editing, but perhaps somebody else has a better idea.
                      I think the whole Pete story line involves weak writing. They never have sold me on the idea that Sam is in love or happy with Pete.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

<snip>
                        Make sure you say Picture nr ... Tommorow I'll let you know who wins the Award for best scene
                        I use all three in just about every video!
                        But I guess it has to be three, even though it's very unsual in the S/J relationship!
                        1&2 are the ship we have grown used to expecting, angst-ship. 3 is fun-ship. Hopefully we may get some more of that.
                        Eventually!

Comment

This picture is where Sam can't pass through the forcefield and Jack won't leave her behind.

This picture is where they find out they are Za'tarcs and that Jack is taken away to freeze him in cryogenic

This scene is from out of Window of Opportunity

First choice is #2 - The look says it all.

2nd choice is #3 - Ah, the kiss, but its a loop.

3rd choice is #1 - Just because it is incomplete without Jack's expression accompaning it. When I see this one, I wait for the other.
                          sigpic
                          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            Spoiler:

I think it was something along the lines of this: (Affinity spoilers/spec)
                            Spoiler:
                            She's made the guy wait for OVER two weeks. Things between her and Jack are exactly the same as ever. She did try and have an conversation with him in her lab and there was no resolution. I mean, looking at it with a less biased eye (dare I even say anti-shipper eyes ) Jack could have broken down confessed he loved her and resigned to be with her. But he didn't. And neither did she. Something is holding them back... who can say what? So she has the choice to be with a man who desperately DESPERATELY wants her, or a man who is holding back (as she is... but, y'know...). I think it's the whole settling issue again. She decides to settle.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                              I think it was something along the lines of this: (Affinity spoilers/spec)
                              Spoiler:
                              She's made the guy wait for OVER two weeks. Things between her and Jack are exactly the same as ever. She did try and have an conversation with him in her lab and there was no resolution. I mean, looking at it with a less biased eye (dare I even say anti-shipper eyes ) Jack could have broken down confessed he loved her and resigned to be with her. But he didn't. And neither did she. Something is holding them back... who can say what? So she has the choice to be with a man who desperately DESPERATELY wants her, or a man who is holding back (as she is... but, y'know...). I think it's the whole settling issue again. She decides to settle.
                              Affinity spoilers:

Spoiler:
                              And she was so excited about her decision to settle that she waited a couple days then blurted it out while on duty. Yeah, that's it. That's exactly what a woman holding back from the relationship she really wants because of professionalism concerns would do. It makes perfect sense now.

Why, yes! I have seen the sarcasm fairy today. However did you guess?

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                                I don't have any better ideas except I think it’s in the writing also, and maybe some issues with how they managed character continuity. That was one of my gripes w/Affinity. IMHO TPTB expected the viewers to swallow a lot things & to believe/assume that Sam is OK w/Pete’s behavior/actions without giving explanation -kind of like an {insert your own reasons here} kind of thing. Except it doesn't play out so well because we're scratching our heads going "huh???" Even a 1 or 2 minute segment giving us some kind of backstory would have allowed us to understand how the Sam we thought we knew would deal with and confront Pete about the things we saw him do in Chimera. (S8Affinity)
                                Spoiler:
                                As well as to explain why she would take 2 weeks to accept a proposal and what that 'defining' moment was....

Instead TPTB jump quickly to Affinity without giving us any backstory along the way. (S8Affinity)
                                Spoiler:
                                Except for a quick rant to the guys & a comment to Teal’c we don’t get to see what the writers had in mind for why Sam would continue to pursue a ship w/Pete, let alone accept his marriage proposal. Look at the proposal scene… he cracks the stalker joke, she looks away with a wry smile
                                and we the viewers are supposed *understand* and *assume* that a conversation happened & put our own spin on what might have been said. *shrugs* This is one time I would have liked something more than a superficial make-up-you-own-mind-about-the-backstory scene.
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X