X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    Hi Stargate Barbie ....
    Since I am an *Old Timer* ....I can safely say we will be waiting with bells on and just so you know I am NOT kidding

look here is the soap box....all ready getting warmed up

well the image of a fellow barbie wearing bells might just take a bit off the edge off my rants, but we'll just have to wait and see. only a few weeks now til i see the dreaded ep.

season 8, new order
    Spoiler:

on a plus side i did find the little looks between them in the last act of new order fantastic and quite shippy. when they found sam and the look she gave when she saw him for the first time. nice! and the promotion bits. very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      Ok people....I see I have been remiss in my duties around here

First...ALL of my co-workers know I am a shipper...AND THEY DON"T EVEN WATCH STAR GATE But you can bet they know all sorts of stuff about it

Lesson #1 - Insert SG references into the conversation slowly...just a hint here and there. (this breaks the ice and lets any other closet gaters/shippers knowthey have friends)

Lesson #2 - Once you find a SG buddy at work.school discuss it FREELY so other people overhear you ...(they may snicker but secretly they WANT to know what is really happening)

Lesson #3 - When something REALLY Shippy happens TELL EVERYONE - this may freak people out the first time or two but they DO become used to it AND they learn the history

Lesson #4 - Continue to to insert MORE SG references into your conversations with everyone, now that they are used to it, it no longer feels strange to them OR you and they are slowly becoming assimulated into the Shipper collective

Lesson #5 - keep quiet for a day or so and be AMAZED at teh number of people that will start making analogies based on YOUR references of SG....that is when you know you have them hooked and you can start reeling them in

and thus ends our lessons for today There are more in-depth and extreme tactics that can be used for hard headed cases but these usually work over time .....

Now go forth Young Shiplets and prosper
      This is great Tame...I really like lesson #2. It is SO true. Ship, Ship Away!!!!
      Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
        You aren't referring to ShadowMaat are you??? I don't know if she visits us here at the Shipper Commune but you had better be careful with those cookies!
        No, she doesn't. She stays far away lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
          *sniffle* It's bad enough Mei Mei has to wait for January for new shippy eps... but to be accused of not sharing her cookies... Mei Mei always shares... *sniffle* Well, except for her Jack clone... But that's another thread!
          **whispers quietly***
          Now about MM's JackClone - what's there to share?
          **looks around to see where MM is**
          He's usually in the shop for repairs because she does ***PG FORUM***.....and then she does ***PG FORUM*** and the poor guy just can't keep it up...

I meant keep up with her....
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
            You aren't referring to ShadowMaat are you??? I don't know if she visits us here at the Shipper Commune but you had better be careful with those cookies!
            No..... I mean StargateBarbie. She's also known as the Cookie Monster....

SB meet Critter. Critter, this is our long lost sister, SB.

Edited to add: yoojoo and MartoufMarty were being disrespectful w/ShipNana's cookies... I wanted to let them know they'd better fear the wrath of the Cookie Monster... She doesn't like to see them go to waste.
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

don't get me wrong tame. i mention stargate quite a bit. i'm not by any means ashamed of my love of the show. and with my SG buddies, most of our conversations involve the show in some form. many quotes flying around. i just don't actively ship like i do here. i don't not ship, its just that that particular subject doesn't really get mentioned as much as explosions do. most of my friends are guys and i'm a total tomboy. we do all hate pete and think that he has absolutely no place in the show and is playing a part in ruining it. and i think its generally thought that they could have the s/j thing in the show more actively without ruining the show, but we are all cautiously optimistic about this.
              to be honest my friends probably wouldn't understand the concept of ship if it jumped up and bit them on the a.... on the..... leg.

Comment

OMG!!!! LOOK LOOK everybody!! I have two green lovey jello thingys!!! SWEET!!

I would like to thank the acadamy for this wonderful award!!oh, and everybody who attributed to my jelloness!! the shipper thread, the thunk thread the......well everybody. You guys are the best!! (Passes out more shipper cookies) geeze, im running low now!

(((((((((((((EVERYONE))))))))))))))))))
                Random Thought of the day:

-If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and yall were walking down the side walk and he fell....that would be completly unacceptable!
                -I realize that alot of people don't like Jesus, or just ignore Him or have no use for Him, but i think the best thing a person can do is to read the gospels in the Bible and really look at Jesus, because if a person does this, they will realize that the Jesus they learned about in Sunday school or the Jesus they hear jokes about or the skinny, Gandhi Jesus that exists in their imaginations isn't anything like the real Jesus at all.

heh heh heh...^compliments of suekay(((suekay))).....disregard the question mark on the end!!

Comment

Ah well, I was having so much fun with all you guys today, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to call it quits for tonight. I'll stop by tomorrow morning before school and try to do a little catching up.

G'night ya'll!

Sweet Shipper Dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    Cookie monster? Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?

I demand you tell me!
                    It looks like marty's Goa'uld has come out to play?!?!

-If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and yall were walking down the side walk and he fell....that would be completly unacceptable!
                    -I realize that alot of people don't like Jesus, or just ignore Him or have no use for Him, but i think the best thing a person can do is to read the gospels in the Bible and really look at Jesus, because if a person does this, they will realize that the Jesus they learned about in Sunday school or the Jesus they hear jokes about or the skinny, Gandhi Jesus that exists in their imaginations isn't anything like the real Jesus at all.

heh heh heh...^compliments of suekay(((suekay))).....disregard the question mark on the end!!

Comment

Shimmeringstar is right.
                      Everytime you waste a shipper cookie, a cookie monster cries.
                      And develops a bald patch!

Comment

Originally posted by yoojoo
                        It looks like marty's Goa'uld has come out to play?!?!
                        Just come out?

I've been here the whole time!

*eyes glow*

Comment

Okay, now I REALLY have to go.

Well... Maybe if I 'borrowed' my sister's laptop, take the wireless internet card, leave the modem on down here I could stick with ya guys all night long...

But I'm tired lol.

Comment

Nite Marty!!

Comment

okay kids, i was nice being back tonight, but i gotta go to bed too. its 4 am here.

g'night everybody!

Comment

NITE to you too stargatebarbie!!

you wouldnt happen to be the one in Tames sig we see sitting on jacks desk would you?

Comment

Working...
                                X