X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    We can only hope!!!!

BTW, a page or two back, someone said that Jack's name was John. Nobody actually knows what it is and it has been credited as both. I prefer Jonathan, and people calling him John is my pet Peeve!!! Soz
    I vaguely remember someone saying it said John on his card in Fragile Balance, but I'm not sure!!
    Nice site by the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
      Maybe TPTB will decide they've cared enough about the anti's for one show, and start taking care of the shippers.

They'll care for us for the last 5 minutes of the show.

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        YEAH ..If you look at the entity episode ..on his ID ..it says "John" and not "Jack " I never understood why????

Does somebody know?!!

caty
        Jack's real name isn't Jack. It's either John or Jonathan and has been seen to be both. Nobody, not even TPTB really know, RDA has said this himself. I prefer Jonathan, so I like to think that that's his real first name. Also both could be right as John is sometimes a shortened form of Jonathan!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          Spoilers Season 8 Sacrifices.
          .I have to first of all say that I truly enjoyed the episode, it kept my interest the whole time. Having said that, I have to also say that I agree with Caty. Although I enjoyed the comfort level between Jack and Sam in the corridor, I feel that it is nothing more than we have received in the past, the anti's can see what they want and we can see what we want. FCOL it is season 8, are we still concerned about this? If we are, than what makes us feel that TPTB will take a stand outright in future episodes? If TPTB were starting to sway to the shippers side I think that they would have taken every opportunity to give us every little ship that they could such as a look between Jack and Sam as the wedding was taking place, at least it would have made me feel that yes they are making a change. This is the one area of the show that I am having problems with, I want TPTB to commit one way or the other and take the fence that they are swaying on away. If they are heading in the direction of Sam and Jack getting together than do so, commit. Lets face it I think most of us feel that the anti's have had at least 7.5 seasons of hardly any overt ship,heck we haven't even had a real kiss for goodness sake, I really do think that now it is our turn.

I don't know how you guys can surpress your desire for ship, although I have tried each time I hear the starting music my ship level increases and than all I have to see is Sam and Jack together and my desires are at their extreme.

I agree Caty, we are thrilled about Jack simply touching Sams shoulders I think if TPTB hear this they will feel that thats all they have to do to keep us happy and the ship was vague enough to keep the anti's happy. We are just too easily pleased at this late stage of the game.

I agree also Tame that in order for our voices to be heard we had better keep up our letters to TPTB, I have in a very positive manner of course, at least I feel like I have done all that I could.

Nickatell

I agree..It's almost like they have pity for us ...we are miserable shippers ..who will take anything Sam and Jack on board
          I'm sick Pass me the bucket

I WANT SHIP ...AND ROMANTIC SHIP ..AND NOT IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE FINALE EPISODE ...FOR CRYING OUT LOUD...TPTB....AND DON'T TELL ME THE SHIP IS GOING TO FAST!!!!! ....IT'S BEEN SLOW FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS.....AND COULD YOU PLEASE CALL THE LAST 2 EPISODES : RESOLUTION PART 1 AND 2. ? .....IT MAY MAKE ME HAPPY FOR A CHANGE!!

Caty

Comment

YEAH ..If you look at the entity episode ..on his ID ..it says "John" and not "Jack " I never understood why????

Does somebody know?!!

caty
            Jonathan is the official SciFi info... Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill. Jack is a nickname for John. At least in the US.

The prop people used John. I prefer John because it is show canon and not SciFi Channel. Some people go with the Jonathan.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Jack's real name isn't Jack. It's either John or Jonathan and has been seen to be both. Nobody, not even TPTB really know, RDA has said this himself. I prefer Jonathan, so I like to think that that's his real first name. Also both could be right as John is sometimes a shortened form of Jonathan!
              But a military ID card would have his real name, not a shortened version of it. So, I prefer John to Jonathan.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                Jonathan is the official SciFi info... Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill. Jack is a nickname for John. At least in the US.

The prop people used John. I prefer John because it is show canon and not SciFi Channel. Some people go with the Jonathan.
                Jonathan reminds me of "Hart to hart"!!!!Good show but not for Sam and Jack
                so I much prefer John ...but I like the name "Jonathan".

or they could start a new show "Jonathan and Samantha"!!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                  But a military ID card would have his real name, not a shortened version of it. So, I prefer John to Jonathan.
                  Unfortunately, I prefer Jonathan, so that's the name I'll keep at the site. Also, doesn't it say Jack on his office door. I think TPTB need to make up their mind what Jack's first name really is rather that confusing poor souls like myself!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                    Spoiler space added. Spoilers through Sacrifices:

Spoiler:

Just remember that change can be good. We're never going to get any resolution to this ship unless something forces a change. I may not like Pete much, but I really do think he's eventually going to force some changes we've been waiting a long time to see.

As for the team bonding and Doc Frazier, I think they're doing the best they can with the former and the latter was a victim of thinking 7 was the last season. Not much can be done about Frzaier now. They have to work around RDA's schedule, so we're not going to get as much team stuff as before. I think Sacrifices actually offered a good bit of interpersonal interaction amongst the characters. More like that would be very welcome.

I agree with everything that you said. Change CAN be a good thing!
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Too right ShipNana...I'm not even bothered myself right at this moment .
                      I'm even considering switching to another show actually...and not Stargate related

Just fed up of the tease..BIG TIME ...and I thought there was tease in the x-files!!!!! ...it was nothing compared to the Stargate tease Sam&Jack sg1 tease

Caty
                      Oh Caty if you leave now who is gonna take those wonderful Sam/Jack moments we are gonna get in the 2nd half of this season and make them into a work of art video?

You have to stay and that is all there is to it!!

Eh, don't say it! Not another word! Discussion over, your staying young lady!!!

Go to your shipper happy place and stay there until further notice!!!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                        Threads spoilers:

I'm thinking positive.
                        Spoiler:
                        It's also a fairly logical conclusion from the spoilers. Pete may be back as detective with clearance or whatever if they get a season nine and decide to give DDL work, but I just can't imagine how they'd keep him after Threads as a love interest for Sam. Sam tells Jack she's not happy and feels like she's making a mistake with Pete. Kerry dumps Jack and solves the regs issue. Jack's not gonna wind up twice rejected so Sam can go make a huge mistake and live unhappily ever after with the other guy. That's a really crappy ending. It's not fun, exciting or epic as the end of this season keeps being described. It certainly doesn't fit with Sam's revelation in Grace that she deserves to be happy. We may not get resolution with Sam and Jack in this one. It may not be as massively shippy as we hope. However, I'd wager it's the end of the line for Pete's love interest status.

Ya know I can't believe that RDA, THE STAR of the show, who's name comes BEFORE the title, who's also one of the executive producers, is not gonna END UP with the beautiful, smart, witty, sexy girl in the end!
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Has anyone in the UK been watching Carnivale? I've just watched it, seems pretty good. And so far absolutely no potential for any kind of shipping that they will then wrench out my shipper heart with by leaving unresolved. *cough*

Comment

Jonathan reminds me of "Hart to hart"!!!!Good show but not for Sam and Jack
                            so I much prefer John ...but I like the name "Jonathan".

or they could start a new show "Jonathan and Samantha"!!!!

Caty
                            Now see, "Hart to Hart" was a good shippy show!!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Ok here is the most current list of those Shipper Family members who have been awarded the Shipper Medal of Courage!!

This is for all the Shipper Family members who have SUFFERED through the entire, essentially Shippless, first half of the 8th Season and have the COURAGE to stick it out! (This of course includes anyone who has watched the entire first half via any method!!) You must however, have watched every episode to date!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Caty
                              Ship Nana
                              Michelleb
                              Samisjacksgal
                              Critter
                              Tame
                              Emilee
                              Rogue
                              Zoser
                              Bucky
                              Ses110
                              Tpe78
                              Karibou
                              Auralan
                              Kiwigater
                              Ali_gater
                              Wynter
                              Isis
                              Dipsofjazz
                              LtLisa

Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                                add me please? i've downloaded all of them, and watched most of them twice. and boy, have i suffered.
                                Ditto for me, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X