X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    Hey guys!!

Just uploaded the latest chapter of my Jackfic - The General's Hell! (Warning! - Pete's in it!)

Just click the link on my sig, then scroll down until you see it!

why are you just sitting there? why are you not writing??

I can't stand the suspense!!! Finish the story already, I'm going wacko!!!

Seriously, Suz, I LIKE the twists you've put in, it reads really well and I hope you finish it SOON!!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      ((((((((Nickatell))))))) (((((((Tame)))))) I'm the one sitting right behind you screaming my bloody head off and holding on for dear life! Rollercoasters are only fun if you WANT to be on them!!

I know the Thunk Thread has some interesting... err...equipment for thunkers. I think Shipper Barf Bags'll be needed soon here on this thread. (And we'll have to ask to borrow the defib machine from the Thunkers too.... )
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        Now see the friustrating thing for me here is that means that *Threads* IS NOT the episode that ends it all then...... it means it will continue on till the end and we will get some lame a$$ ending like the fishing invite. But all the JUICE will have gone into the PS story line...the romance the joy and all the fun... That really bothers me
        yeah...the timeline worries me too

if Stargate does a Farscape....uuggghhh...a good friend of mine loved Farscape and that ship...sounded like a very tramatic experience...although it sounds like they're fixing it too...

although, if we got to have Jack propose to Sam and have Sam and him already in a relationship and pregnant...hmmm...as long as they undid it in the new miniseries/movie?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi
        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          Spoilers Season 7 & 8 "Threads", "Affinity", "LC"
          I totally agree with you Tame, the Sam we knew is not the one that is on the screen now. I think it is funny when the shippers wanted Jack and Sam together way back when TPTB told us no they can't they have regulations to follow, but then every now and again we would get a little ship here a little ship there. Still, us shippers continued asking for more and more ship, and TPTB came back with this is not the Sam and Jack hour, this is a team show and nothing can happen anyways because of the regulations. Now in walks Pete and what do we have but the Sam and Pete hour. If they couldn't give us the Sam and Jack hour what in the heck would they think that we would want the Sam and Pete hour for. Another point, after watching the stars of the show for 7 years suddenly the Sam character has to have all these overwhelming personal issues. I mean lets face it all human or alien males that are within Sams vicinity are soon to fall head over heels in love with her and so far she has been able to handle it. Lets face it she was able to break off the engagement to Jonas all on her own, but suddenly now she is incapable of knowing what her heart is searching for and her brain has been taken over by clouds. If TPTB had slowly incorporated Sam having personal "Issues" than I could believe what is happening now, but they didn't, then they were too afraid of turning the show into a soap opera, I guess that has passed. The writing is on the wall, the only reason TPTB have not put closure to the Sam and Jack relationship is because they now know just how much it is wanted by a big portion of the audience so they are dragging it out. Could you please tell me what it would have hurt if Sam and Jack had kissed in the LC in the engine room or in BTS? All these big rewrites when it really wouldn't have changed the story, Sam could have still been sooooooooo confused and Jack could have still been as tight lipped as usual, the only difference would have been they would have thrown the shippers a bone. But no they have to really torment us by telling us that there was going to be a kiss but not any more. Oh but when they do finally give us a kiss, it is a dream within a dream and it is almost like a goodbye kiss when we never even got our hello. Again, we are not suppose to be upset about this after all we are told Sam is confused. Another thing, towards the end of a season we have all this drama building up our hopes and when the new season does start it's like the last episode never happened, business as usual. I mean come on the attempts by Sam to proclaim her feelings to O'Neill not once but twice, (where did our confused girl get the strength all on her own), then the intimate touching of the ice where Jack lies frozen, only to find after waiting 4 months that when they do see each other again its with, "Nice to see you sir", and his response is "Likewise", I mean really come on we are not suppose to feel a little let down. Us shippers though continue asking, praying, and hoping for ship and the first spoilers out of the box are Sam gets engaged to Pete!!!!!!!!!!! and then a couple episodes later O'Neill starts dating Kerry, and still we are not suppose to be upset or disillusioned and we are told, let me make sure to get this right basically "don't jump to small conclusions........". Okay I consider myself to be a pretty smart individual but somehow I am having trouble understanding JUST WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!

So Tame, to answer your question, I am the girl sitting right next to you on this roller coaster ride, so don't feel you are alone.

I am absolutely with you on every single word here! TPTB have done everything in their power to tell us to stop watching without actually saying the words. It's obvious to me that they don't *care* if we watch or not.

I sincerely hope Joe and/or other PTB are reading this, because we have had it!!
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

marimba I sometimes think RDA and AT were married in another life.When you have two attractive people with great chemistry and great personality you should be jumping at the chance to put them together.All you have to do is put them together and watch the Magic.RDA and AT will do all the work.All I know is most of TPTB are lucky I am not there Boss.Were is Donald Trump when you need him.You see what 8 Years of waiting for Sam and Jack has done to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              Gads......I am NOT GIVING up.........

I am just talking here...I am just venting my anxiety and my frustrations......

Sheesh...Mei Mei is in IM now giving me MUCH *stuff*

Ok I want to say I am ONE VERY OPTIMISTIC SHIPPER BUT..........

I just am having doubts and I need to hear from my shipper family ...
              1) That having doubts is ok
              2) that it is ok to vent even if it is negative and makes no sense
              3) that yes it does make sense but we all choose to ignore it
              4) That I am still ok even though I am a flake

ok
              1) Having doubts is a requirement to become a certified shipper
              2) Vent away!! that's what we're here for (well,that's what the drinks are here for as well)
              3)Yes, I understood everything you wrote (but then, I AM a bit sloshed right now -- might not be the best measurement tool)
              4) (((((Tame))))), we love you, imagined flakiness or not (I say NOT)

Di

Comment

(((nickatell)))
                (((Tasha)))
                (((everyone)))

it WILL be ok...rememebr the words to ive by?

"Carter loves O'Neill. She adores him" ~AT
                "He's no threat to O'Neill" ~ RDA

oh, MG? Tame requested some tomatoe throwing from Kel'dor?

back to fanfic...I love fanfic <g>

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                  if Stargate does a Farscape....uuggghhh...a good friend of mine loved Farscape and that ship...sounded like a very tramatic experience...although it sounds like they're fixing it too...
                  I didn't watch all the shows... like w/SG I was a latecomer to it, but watched most of the last season... Being totally unspoiled about the plot I did yell "NOOOoooo!" & then rantedto my Dad (who'd also gotten me hooked on FS as he did w/SG) about what a cop-out it was & wondered how exactly were they going to unwrite that last scene if they wanted a miniseries/movie/another season at a later date? It was traumatic, especially if you had no idea that kind of ending was in store for you!
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Nickatell that was very impressive.I was just wondering are you available to be a writer for Stargate. You summed everything up perfectly.I really think TPTB of all the TV Shows get together and have a bet as to who can drag Ship out the longest.That is the only rational explanation.

Comment

BRAVO NICKATELL!!!!
                      Very well said!!!
                      BTW, I'm in the car behind you on this ride!
                      *waterfall waves

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        Spoilers for Season 8 "Affinity" and "Threads"

<snip>

I would love to see Jacob knock Sam and Jack's heads together in Threads.That would go down as one of the greatest Scences in Stargate.
                        LOL!

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                          ((((((((Nickatell))))))) (((((((Tame)))))) I'm the one sitting right behind you screaming my bloody head off and holding on for dear life! Rollercoasters are only fun if you WANT to be on them!!

Token I thought that was you sitting beside me but I wasn't sure with your hair blown back like that. Gee you look awfully pale! Sorta the way I feel.
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            Oh and don't forget to check out the shipper gutter. Most of us hang out there from time to time.

If you do end up there remember you will be in very good company, if I do say so myself!!!
                            If you do venture over to the gutter, Phil, you'd better watch the gravity shifts towards the gutter. I think Billiard Ba'al enjoys making us shippers nauseous!!

Comment

Spoilers Season 8 "Affinity" and "Threads.
                              Correct me if I am wrong I'm not sure what episode someone said this is in but doesn't Sam discuss with Jack her doubts about Pete and starting a family and having a career like theirs where she might not come home? First of all she can talk to Jack about this and not think that this is at all hurting Jack? (oh yeah she is convinced that Jack has no feelings for her, suddenly). I am confused, if I truly loved someone but felt unsure about how he felt for me I don't think that I would be able to talk to him about this? Then by the stoke of luck Jack tells her something like "if we had kids, I would be home". (don't quote me) That right there should tell her that he has thought about it, shouldn't it? By the way she can openly talk to him about Pete, but she can't talk to him about her feelings? I don't get this.

I think what worries me the most is that considering recent events, I have no idea where TPTB could go with this. The rest of the characters have made minor changes, but Sam is like a totally different person. Don't get me wrong I don't blame any of the actors, I blame TPTB. The actors are only doing the best with what they are given.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                marimba I sometimes think RDA and AT were married in another life.When you have two attractive people with great chemistry and great personality you should be jumping at the chance to put them together.All you have to do is put them together and watch the Magic.RDA and AT will do all the work.All I know is most of TPTB are lucky I am not there Boss.Were is Donald Trump when you need him.You see what 8 Years of waiting for Sam and Jack has done to me.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X