This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    Maybe there was a double meaning in that! Supposedly in the original script (don't know where I heard this) Thera and Jonah were supposed to be lovers! Wild, untamed one, huh! Beneath the surface of our lovely calm scientist lurks a wild, untamed one...

Bet Jonah wishes he could have confimed that!!
    I always thought it could be interpreted that they were lovers in BtS, or at least going in that direction. I suppose it was a difficult environment to be romantically involved, but still...or maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part...

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant Phil
      Hello everyone !!

I've been reading the thread for quite some time but never dared to participate...

lil intro, I'm Phil, from Paris, France, archeologist, an SG1 fan since season 3, shipper at heart !!!
      (which is why I never dared write before...a 30 something guy loving ship can look a little odd...)

you'll notice that I sometimes misuse words or verb...I hope you'll excuse me.

this said, I'm damn happy to join y'all !

Ship rules !

Phil
      Welcome Phil!!

It's great to have another guy here, we don't have enough!! And it's always nice to see another shipper!

Comment

Hiya Tame,

(((((((((((((((tame))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

We Are All Feeling It I Have Felt This Way But A Few Fanfic And Videos Keep Up The Spirit.
        We Have Stayed Here For All This Time For One Thing Sam & Jack!!!!

So Thats What'll Keep Us Going Throughout The Good And Bad And Through Thick And Thin.

When That Day Comes We Will Rejoice And Celebrate With Shipper Days Every Day So Please Stay With Us And Keep Us Sane As You Are A Mentor To Us

Wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant Phil
          I do agree, Affinity just sucks by existing, i still don't know if I'll look at it. I never watched Chimera again...season 7 only has 21 eps for me !!
          It has already beeen said here but I really have doubts these PTB care about us...

Ship will prevail ! (I try to convince myself of it !)
          I've discovered I have a sort of mantal block when it comes to Chimera. Every time I think about it, it's only the Daniel & Sarah/Osiris story that comes into my head (which is, of course another storyline going nowhere, but that's something for another thread...anyway, I'm a Daniel/Janet shipper ) It helps me deal with Chimera, even think of it fondly at times - it had a couple of good team moments...
          I'm just sort of waffling on, I know, so I'll stop now...

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            Thanks Suz....but you know Fanfic acyually depresses me more (don't worry Mei Mei...not when I am in Beta mode )

Why you might ask...well because the stories are GREAT and yet I know that TPTB are NOT going there and the SHOW is NOT going there. I want it IN THE SHOW so I get all depressed that it isn't there.
            My hubs has a phrase that he uses to calm me down when I don't like something like this (books, television, etc)--"Suspension of disbelief, dear" In order to enjoy anything that is not reality you must suspend disbelief to some extent (sometimes to a great extent). I always look at fanfic like this. I know that the show will never be as good as my fanfic fantasies so I enjoy the fanfic purely on its own merit. While those characters are still Jack and Sam to me (if it's well-written), they exist in a separate universe from the show characters for me. That keeps me from getting depressed over the show.

I am just a bunch of Shipper nerves lately......
            I was trying to explain this rationaly the other night. I LOVE Star Gate and I will continue to enjoy the *Show* but the Emotional aspect of the show that *hooked* me was the Sam & Jack pairing and if they take that away or continue to screw that up then the *hook* for me is gone. Then the show just becomes another show I like to watch if I have the time.

It is kind of like this.....
            I go to a movie and I like it. I enjoy it, but no real emotional connection and someone asks me so did you see this movie? and I say "Oh yeah I liked it, it was a good movie"

Now let's say I go to a movie that hooks me emotionally and then someone asks me did you see this movie... well my reply will be a lot different..."Oh man YES I saw it . it was SO GOOD, you HAVE GOT TO SEE IT!!!"

Do you see the difference. Watching TV or buying DVDs is not a nessecity (sp) in life. SO the choices I make on what to watch or what to buy that way are going to be EMOTIONAL (based on what entertains me and feeds that emotion) if it no longer has me hooked then I no longer feel compelled.

Does that make any sense
            Perfect sense.
            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Gads......I am NOT GIVING up.........

I am just talking here...I am just venting my anxiety and my frustrations......

Sheesh...Mei Mei is in IM now giving me MUCH *stuff*

Ok I want to say I am ONE VERY OPTIMISTIC SHIPPER BUT..........

I just am having doubts and I need to hear from my shipper family ...
              1) That having doubts is ok
              2) that it is ok to vent even if it is negative and makes no sense
              3) that yes it does make sense but we all choose to ignore it
              4) That I am still ok even though I am a flake

ok
              Aww Tame, it's all ok, and it does make sense, and of course you're ok...but I'm not entirely sure what being a flake means, so you'll have to forgive me there!

Comment

Yep. We all have them.

Yep. I think we've all done this ourselves.

Yep.

Well, you're not a flake. You just don't like having your chain yanked. I don't think any of the rest of us do either. And after the roller coaster we've been on and the vagueness of the spoilers (and let's face it, even the detailed spoilers could go either way), we're all confused and worried. Add to that the fact that "Affinity" is up in a few weeks and methinks you have the makings of neuroses!!!! So if you're feeling a little worn out and neurotic, you aren't the only one!

ok[/QUOTE]

Comment

Thanks KG...but if you look post 487 says in real big letters I am NOT GIVING UP

Both over here and over on Delphi
                  I just know that I have grabbed up shippers by the arm pits and dragged them kicking and screaming into optimism and I am just hoping someone does it for me as well
                  Consider yourself dragged. That's what we're here for, to give you your mojo back! No matter what they do, I have a good bit of faith that we will finally see some sort of shippy resolution this year--season 9 or not. Too many people are upset for them not to resolve it this year. The antis have been upset about the ship for a while and now that they've introduced "he who shall not be named" the shippers are upset as well. By my math, that's a good chunk of the fandom. They can't afford to keep the fans at this level of anger if they want to continue to get good ratings. Sooner or later even the toughest of fans will give up so they've got to resolve it soon I think! I also think that they know that a resolution that was not in favor of Jack and Sam getting together would lose a large part of the audience. Based on what I've heard several antis say, most of them would be content to resolve the thing and go back to a nice place where they don't have to think about it. Seems the ones that I've had serious discussions with just want it gone no matter what it takes--getting them together would be the perfect solution here. They get together (happy shippers) and the ship gets pushed to the background (happy antis). We would all be a lot happier that way IMHO.

Now that you've read my book, I'll clam up!

Comment

ok
                    No worries Tame!!!! We all rant from time to time and its not always the most positive! You're in good company and no need to try and make sense we understand and are thinking the same things!!! You are SO not a flake!! If you're a flake then I'm a speck... ok that doesnt sound as uplifting as I intended it too.... You're a genius

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                    MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Ok here goes..(((((Shipper Family)))))

WELCOME Sergeant Phil!!!!!!!
                      Its nice to see we have another guy in the bunch!!! Btw... anyone heard from Ship Daddy lately??
                      Token, LOVE your new sig, its tooooo funny!!!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

Comment

Wow, its like creepy quiet around here!! HELLO??? Anyhoo I got a chance to d/l "The Safest Place" by LeAnn Rimes S/J video... awww I wanna cry now! So sweet! *fans eyes...* must not cry....

*DROOL*

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                          Aww Tame, it's all ok, and it does make sense, and of course you're ok...but I'm not entirely sure what being a flake means, so you'll have to forgive me there!
                          LOL....being a *Flake* is kind of like being a bit Nuts
                          and Thank you for putting up with my being a Bit Nuts!!!
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

S8 Vague Threads spoilers….
                            MiniRant:
                            I really really really hate to say this, but seeing how it appears that it will be the end of the dang season for the PS relationship to (possibly) end… I just hope for our sakes the writers don’t put Sam/Jack UST in the script or the actors (AT/RDA) won't bring more of their (wonderful) chemistry to the script (like they usually do ) because… no matter how much I want to see it… I don’t want to see it when they’ve got Sam in a serious relationship with another man. The UST/looks/etc. were wonderful when neither were seriously attached. I just don’t want to see Sam playing two fields at once… or giving the appearance of doing so...

Originally posted by meimei
                            ...I know that the whole PS story arc is out of character for Sam…
                            I sooooo agree! It wouldn’t be in character for her IMO either. It’s out of place for any of the characters, male or female (& we know how top heavy SG is in the male department). I guess if one of them (excluding Daniel and Sha’re whose relationship was established in the movie) had went through a whole season of this w/a female character who’d taken the same exact actions as PS it wouldn’t feel so out of place to me. ('Course a female PS character might not have seen the light of day or would have been a one-show wonder...)

(Pray for a miracle if there is a S9… a bigger budget, RDA full-time, & S/J resolution (in the shipper kind of way we’ve always wanted… not on the rebound or because of a DadCarter health crisis.)
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I am SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO Keeping my Shipper Family!!!!!!!!!

You guys are the Greatest!!!!!!!!!

Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                                Consider yourself dragged. That's what we're here for, to give you your mojo back! No matter what they do, I have a good bit of faith that we will finally see some sort of shippy resolution this year--season 9 or not. Too many people are upset for them not to resolve it this year. The antis have been upset about the ship for a while and now that they've introduced "he who shall not be named" the shippers are upset as well. By my math, that's a good chunk of the fandom. They can't afford to keep the fans at this level of anger if they want to continue to get good ratings. Sooner or later even the toughest of fans will give up so they've got to resolve it soon I think! I also think that they know that a resolution that was not in favor of Jack and Sam getting together would lose a large part of the audience. Based on what I've heard several antis say, most of them would be content to resolve the thing and go back to a nice place where they don't have to think about it. Seems the ones that I've had serious discussions with just want it gone no matter what it takes--getting them together would be the perfect solution here. They get together (happy shippers) and the ship gets pushed to the background (happy antis). We would all be a lot happier that way IMHO.

Now that you've read my book, I'll clam up!

makes sense to me...if Sam and Jack get together and it fades into the background, occassionally popping up as it relates to Stargate (ie: they're on a date...we see like 1 min of it...suddenly, Jack gets a call...its the base). We'd be THRILLED...it's take us a while to get off the floor (where we fell in joy and shock). The antis and noromos would be happier cause the blatant ship would be gone and they could ignore it. The pro Pete people wouldn't be happy, but I really don't think theres that many of em. The anti S/J people wouldn't be happy but they could ignore it too.

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                                ~Imzadi
                                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X