X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    Yes, well....
    Seems I am in the confessing mood today, and having just posted in the Stargate tattooes section I thought I should tell the family.....

On the weekend I got a SMALL point of origin symbol tattooed on my very lower back..... *waits for gasps and recriminations....*

Now before you all get too excited, it is in fact my second tattoo (already having a curling wave on my right ankle) (I'm 28 keep in mind!).

For me the PoO means more than just Stargate and by extension this family, it also means "home", and seeing as I'm currently living in a foreign country (well, not so foreign after 6 years!) that concept means a lot more to me than it used to. I left all my friends and family (who mean a great deal to me) and started over here with just 2 suitcases (no family, no money, or anything!), and now I have a adpoted family, and have been blessed with so many close friends, and you guys too!
    So, the PoO symbol has a great deal of emotional resonance for me...

*gets down of weepy soapbox*

Right, I have a meeting I absolutely must attend. Talk amongst yourselves as to how horrified you all are, and I'll be back in a while.....

Cool tattoo (I'm too scared to get one!) I've got to get blood tests sometimes, and the nurses have to hold me down because of my needle phobia.

PoO really does have the resonance of home about it.

Right gotta dash!

See you all later. (Have a nice meeting KiwiGater)
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yes, well....
      Seems I am in the confessing mood today, and having just posted in the Stargate tattooes section I thought I should tell the family.....

On the weekend I got a SMALL point of origin symbol tattooed on my very lower back..... *waits for gasps and recriminations....*

Now before you all get too excited, it is in fact my second tattoo (already having a curling wave on my right ankle) (I'm 28 keep in mind!).

For me the PoO means more than just Stargate and by extension this family, it also means "home", and seeing as I'm currently living in a foreign country (well, not so foreign after 6 years!) that concept means a lot more to me than it used to. I left all my friends and family (who mean a great deal to me) and started over here with just 2 suitcases (no family, no money, or anything!), and now I have a adpoted family, and have been blessed with so many close friends, and you guys too!

Right, I have a meeting I absolutely must attend. Talk amongst yourselves as to how horrified you all are, and I'll be back in a while.....
      I think that's kind of cool. You have to show it to me (if it's not in too improper of a place ) I would never get a real tatoo (I'm a chicken, I admit it)...they need to make temporary tatoos of the PoO.

I love the meaning you have attached to the symbol. Okay, now I'm getting emotional too.

((((((((((((((Kiwigater))))))))))))))
      Tasha
      JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Hello!
        I haven't been able to get on here until about an hour ago and i've spent that catching up on 6 pages of posts!
        Just want to say that I LOVE Shipper Town! Its great and I realy think we should send it to Joe Mallozzi and show him what he inspired us to do

Also welcome to Gatewatcher! You will love it her we are all a big family and we are very very friendly!! The only thing you might have a problem with is keeping up with the oh so mamny posts that seem to magically appear overnight

And one other thing...I've been thinking today(I know its a shock isn't it! )about this season 9 possibiliy. I was really stressed about it before but now with help from Get_Carter and some thinking time I have realised that it might not be so bad. As long as Season 8 wraps up most of the important aspects of stargate e.g Sam/Jack and everything else then I will be open to season 9. Its not the fact that I don't want to wait for Sam and Jack to get together cause as long as we are getting hints and I know that it is going to happen at the end then i'd be fine waiting till season 10, but I just think that ending Stargate after this season would be the best option cause for me it feels like the perfect time to bring Stargate to a close and i'm worried that if they stretch it too far then everything will turn out bad.

But if everything is wrapped up in season 8 and Jack retires then the Sam/Jack ship can be resolved and RDA wouldn't have to stay. After that in Season 9 SG-1 minus Jack can carry on going through the gate and Jack can pop in for a bit every few eps so we get to see Jack and so we get to see Sam and Jack as a couple being able to show their emotions freely and at the end of that season, because most major storylines were closed in S8 we could then dedicate it to the team and their futures....for example Jack proposing to Sam or Sam announcing that she is having a baby and Teal'c saying he is moving back to Chulak with Ishta ,maybe, and Daniel proposing to Sarah etc whatever TPTB can come up with...

Ok, going away again now I still haven't Wathed the New episode of Atlantis and I have to read Mei Mei's fic that she 'toned down' specially for me and the other young shippers

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Yes, well....

((((((((((((((kiwigater))))))))))))))

I think it's cool! And I'm 30-something! I wish I could have a tatoo, but I know hubs would KILL me! I know I could think of a better way to go! And YES it has to do with Jack!

Have fun at your meeting!! Later!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
            Y'all the Shipper Town Map, History, and Explanatory legend are just spectacular.

As someone who primarily lurks I realize it's probably too much to ask, but ...

Could you designate one of those unmarked dwellings as a Residence of Typical Lurking Shipper? (or something similar) and MAYBE add the following to the explanatory material? (I've used the 'quote' codes to set it off):

It's just that there are *hundreds*--probably thousands--of passionate shippers who are happy to remain anonymous, but still want a permanent residence in Shippertown. Is there anyway you can accommodate us?

Bucky
            Mala, I can add this to the text without you modifying the map. It would be fitting that you wouldn't "see" where the lurkers live. How's that?

Token ~

Comment

Yes, well....

((((((((((((((((((((((kiwigater))))))))))))))))))))))

"Zero Hour" spoilers below:

I saw a few knowing looks between Sam and Jack. I liked the smile she gave him when he said that she would be pleased with his review of her. I thought Ba'al was actually supposed to be on Earth in this episode and that Ba'al looked scared by something from what I saw in the episode pics. But none of those things with Ba'al happened. They must've changed the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                Mala, I can add this to the text without you modifying the map. It would be fitting that you wouldn't "see" where the lurkers live. How's that?
                I thank you and my eyes thank you. (I'm heading for Rosy's right now )

Yes, fitting. INDEED. (please guys! no more!)

Where do you want this added? at the end? will see when I can get to it. Maybe today....

Typical Lurking Shipper Residence: Happy home of shippers too shy to engage in the more extrovert activities. Shippertown has uncounted numbers of these homes. One way to spot Lurkers' homes is that they usually have wraparound covered porches for comfortable anonymous viewing and the occasional friendly wave, and many have observation decks with telescopes permanently affixed.
                sigpic

Comment

welcome gatewatcher (Kel'sha says hello too)

MG, good luck on your interview and the move in

Kiwigater: thats kinda cool...I'd never do the tatoo thing, but thats what I'd get (and where) if I did...

back to RL work...see? I DO have a RL!!!! I've been analyzing data all day... ummm...maybe I do need to get a RL?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                  ~Imzadi
                  describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                  Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Right, I have a meeting I absolutely must attend.
                    BRAVO KIWIGATER !!!!!!!!

Great choice.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      welcome gatewatcher (Kel'sha says hello too)

MG, good luck on your interview and the move in

Kiwigater: thats kinda cool...I'd never do the tatoo thing, but thats what I'd get (and where) if I did...

back to RL work...see? I DO have a RL!!!! I've been analyzing data all day... ummm...maybe I do need to get a RL?
                      Hey "sis." Kel'dor's shocked that you do actually have a RL since he says that Kel'sha's RL involves a lot of viewing of RDA pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                        Where can I see that "takin' the ride" pic much enlarged. Don't need to say why, do I?
                        This is my personal pic so I will have to make it and upload it
                        give me a few days and I will have a link for you

Unless you meant the Original one that wasn't scrubbed up by Mala....then you can go check it out over on Shelley's site I think
                        http://www.jackslittleplace.com
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Cool tattoo (I'm too scared to get one!) I've got to get blood tests sometimes, and the nurses have to hold me down because of my needle phobia.

PoO really does have the resonance of home about it.

Right gotta dash!

See you all later. (Have a nice meeting KiwiGater)
                          Why don't they just knock you out? I hear the JF Memorial Hospital's doctor uses her trusty mallet to knock uncooperative patients out.

Comment

Yes, well....

A tatoo of the PoO. Kel'dor says it's sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              This is my personal pic so I will have to make it and upload it
                              give me a few days and I will have a link for you
                              Tame! I have my scrubbed version. Hope it'll do until you can get to yours!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                                I thank you and my eyes thank you. (I'm heading for Rosy's right now )

Yes, fitting. INDEED. (please guys! no more!)

Where do you want this added? at the end? will see when I can get to it. Maybe today....
                                LOL!! Yeah, I'm right behind you! Hope the wait isn't too long!

I have edited my reposting # 758 with the changes so just grab them from there.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X