X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    spoilers for New Order:

<snip>

re RCC: [...] he wrote the second half of "New Order" and I'm sorry but I can't help but think that "Nice to see you, sir" and "Likewise" just isn't very shippy to me...
    Here's something AT said in an article (TV Zone, Tapping the Potential):

"Of course, we get O'Neill back, but Sam doesn't find out until almost the end of the story. By that point it was, 'Hey, good to see ya', but so much has gone on that good to see ya doesn't quite over it. However, it seems the only appropriate thing to say, given the situation."

Seems like AT wasn't too thrilled with that 'lacking' as well, but that's just my interpretation.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
      Hehehe, I watched it with a guy friend the other night, and he said the same thing. Actually, he said "well THAT's a new way to say hello!!"
      <laughs>
      <falls on the floor>
      <gets back up between giggling>

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
      ~Imzadi
      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
        You're on the list of friendlies cuz we all know you have Sam and Jacks best interests at heart and would never harm them in anyway.
        This is definitely true! *bares teeth at Pete* grrrr....

Comment

Originally posted by lostelf
          Well, with all these other folks delurking, I figured I better join in too! *waves hello* I'm just another hopelessly devoted shipper girl (but I guess we can never have too many of those, right?). *rummages around the thread searching for cookies*
          Welcome lostelf!!! Cute sig!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
            New Order Spoiler

Spoiler:

LMAO! I actually thought much the same thing at the time. There wasn't really any reason for him to put his hand, um, there. They've certainly gotten more comfortable recently.
            in case I screw up...SPOILER SPACE FOR NO!!!

[SPOILER]/ yeah...talk about wanting her to notice him....I'd have a reaction even if I WASN'T remotely interested in the guy /[SPOILER]

Aunt Sally...no RDA OR AT?!? WTF? man, just end it now and do a movie or miniseries or whatever...but give the show (and the ship!) a definite resolution!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
              Yeah but we are getting so good at ranting. I feel like it is my second occupation. It is a refined talent you know! And boy have we had lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of practice.

7+ years of practice.
              you and me both Ship Nana... I think I have *almost* got it down to an art.........oh wait....that is the drinking and cookie eating....still gotta PRACTICE my ranting
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                Someone help me!!!! I am so confused! I could have sworn we moved this morning and now I can't figure out where we are! Why are there 60 pages in this thread? What happened? I don't know where to start reading to catch up, but apparently I am miles behind!!! AAARG! Did the Wraith or the Goauld come in and grab our posts???
                I am sure this has been answered but I just want to act like I know something

We are no longer creating new threads....It is an Experiment TPTB of GW are keeping us corraled since *Ship Town* is growing by leap and bounds.

So we will just stay in the same thread FOREVER WOO HOO....I think Darren just knows that we are the first ones that will let him know JUST HOW FAR a thread can go
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 10 August 2004, 08:27 PM.
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by gatewatcher
                  I hope this darn thing works this time!!! Arrrgggggg!!!!
                  I have such problems with the computer telling me it has an error and cannot find this site about 75% of the time. It really drives me NUTS!! There ,ranting and raving over.....
                  Thanks for all the nice comments about my husband. He is a keeper. He did not make my gate for any occasion...just because.....he's trying to find a figure of Jack to put with it...maybe someday! He used to think I was the only one who watched or thought stargate all the time, that is until I started talking to all of you!! Thanks for being interested in the same thing. What a nice shipper family I've found!
                  P.S. Welcome to all the new members...this is a really cool place to be
                  At the con they asked us what kind of Stargate merchandise we would want and action figures was a favorite. Maybe next year your hubs will be able to buy you a Jack doll.

*sigh*

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                    Gracious, I can't even begin to catch up and I was just here yesterday!!!!

Just wanted to say: Tame, your post was awesome! I think you have very eloquently said what is in every shipper's heart!! Way to go!!

Now I'm off to read SueKay's fan fic. I kept getting bumped off yesteday so I'm gonna try again!! While I was home sick yesterday I read EVERY one of Sally Reeve's stories. Consequently, I spent the ENTIRE night dreaming of S&J. Can't think of a better topic for my dreams!!
                    Thank you for saying that Getcarter

I was ::blushing:: yesterday.... This is the best Fan Group!!!!

(((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                      Yayyyyy!!!! I got on GW!!!
                      Had a lot of problems getting on here tonight.
                      I like the new spoiler tag, so I'm gonna use it.
                      Spoilers for "Affinity" and "Threads:
                      Spoiler:
                      I still think will "emotionally blackmail" her into saying "yes"
                      (MARK MY WORDS!!! and I WILL bet my very last shipper cookie on that!)

AAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!! Do you mean to tell me that by the time "Threads" airs that we will have put up with that bozo for a whole year???
                      What kind of a timeline is on Stargate anyway?? Sam has been with that jerk for a year or longer??? yech, gross!!!
                      Ya know, for a genius she sure isn't acting very smart!

The only thing I think "Threads" has going for it is that mabey Jack will finally get off his a$$ and go after the woman he loves and that out of everyone Sam could talk to about her doubts she picks Jack 'cuz I think she wants him to talk her out of it!!!!

I think I'm gonna tape "Affinity" and wait to watch it until you guys tell me if it's safe to watch and what parts to skip!
                      That is if I even have power, or a house left after this weekend..."Charley" is coming my way.
                      http://hurricane.weathercenter.com/

"Chimera" we didn't like, so we call it "Cheyrnoble" so if we don't like "Affinity" can we call it "A$$inity"????

waterfall
                      Waterfall: oh, man... for a YEAR...that was depressing <scarfs shipper cookies>
                      yeah, watch out for Hurricane Charlie (btw, the first thing I thought of when Mom mentioned it to me was 'thats Jack's son'...pathetic, yes?)

can someone repost how to do this new spoiler space thingie? Thanks!

edited to say: nm, found it

Ship Mom: we should probably edit the first post to mention this new over 1000 post thing...
                      Last edited by LtLisa; 10 August 2004, 07:51 PM.

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                        *nods* yes, I love the concept, you can do all sorts of interesting things when you don't have to deal with consequences... But, I agree too that Gamekeeper wasn't the most engrossing ep of all time for me. I'm putting this one in the low expectations file (not expecting any ship ), and then perhaps I will be pleasantly suprised It's working so far for Atlantis - I've paid essentially no attention to it, so the eps on Fri are like a pleasant little suprise
                        Gamekeeper wasn't my favorite episode either.

This is funny. I seem to only be able to get into gateworld only thru the univerity Citrix server over the univeristy dial-in as well. Wonder if it's an issue of the university's network not playing nice with Windows XP or just the univeristy network not playing well with GW. I'm inclined to think it's the univ. network not playing well with GW.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          I really like it also. We need to be sure to indoctrinate all newbies.

That way no one gets spoiled and we can read twice as fast. Not to mention not having to insert all those extra lines.

Kudos to Gateworld!!!!!!
                          I will second that Ship Nana.. KUDOS GW!!! (Darren) This new spoiler space is fantastic!!!! And yep we do need to remind our new Shiplets so our Shippers overseas won't get spoiled for anything too !!!

Great reminder Ship Nana....She is soo good AND bakes cookies TOO!!!

Comment

love 'A$$inity'

MG: Danny's MINE!!!! you here?

Kiwigater, that goes for you too
                            and what do you mean you haven't really done the low cut shirt thing? c'mon girl...the effects can be quite fun

oy, I'm 21...I'm allowed!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                              I have these little books that are hilarious, they are called The Portable Curmudgeon and Return of The Portable Curmudgeon, basically full of quotes from various folks. One quote that I found that sort of reminds me of how TPTB are treating the whole ship situation is from Nietzsche:
                              " Hope in reality is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the
                              torments of man."
                              Except that recent spoilers have not provided too much hope
                              I just thought I might share this, I should be writing a paper but this is way more fun!
                              Chris
                              Note to self....DO NOT let TPTB read ANYMORE Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                                Gamekeeper wasn't my favorite episode either.

This is funny. I seem to only be able to get into gateworld only thru the univerity Citrix server over the univeristy dial-in as well. Wonder if it's an issue of the university's network not playing nice with Windows XP or just the univeristy network not playing well with GW. I'm inclined to think it's the univ. network not playing well with GW.
                                I have been getting error messages too! I cross my fingers every time I hit the next page or try to post. What is the deal? This happens on my dial up and on the Internet Explorer! So, I hope this puppy gets through!
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X