X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    ok better so not me I am too flaky with raisins I might add

OOOHHH don't let this bunch fool you that much..think about it we live in a make believe city drinkiing make believe drinks, eating make believe cookies. We have to people that think that are ....<whispers> Tok'ra and we are constantly grabbing drinks that aren't really there...... Also we all mumble and grumble and sometimes sing to ourselves ON THREAD and we ride in a Roller Coaster that is in all of our imaginations and SOME OF US REALLY GET SICK

so I think saying that 99% of them were all Tames was actually pretty close and very nice
    ROFL!! I am loving this imagery and we're *not so psycho*? Wow, then *psycho* must be quite something to behold...

I think we're all just doing the best we can to get off this coaster (count me as one of those who get sick)...
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by raggedy11
      Token thank you for the hug. It helped a lot. Where is ship nana and those cookies just when I am getting hungry?

BTW, I just made it to Jaffa Fodder. I don't know if that's so good or not. I liked being a "Mature Symbiote". Had a nice ring to it.
      Depends on whether you like being Jaffa food or not. You won't be there long, then you will be a Jaffa warrior.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MireiyuNoir
        Unfortunately the rabid/crazed/psychotic shippers are the ones that most often get heard by TPTB. I guess they're the only ones that people like RCC hear.

Not that there's anything wrong with being rabid/crazed/psychotic or otherwise when it comes to ship Sometimes its fun to just obsess about your love for something.

Since I'm new to this forum, I just wanted to drop by and say hello to all the great shippers here ^^

My parents and I watch Stargate every night, and both my mum and I are such shippers. My dad thinks we're both nuts that we actually care about whether or not two fictional characters in some show get together, but what can I say? ^^ It's fun to get all shippy with your family, XD.
        WELCOME MireiyuNoir!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen12
          Simon is smart and cute, but I have this sneaking suspicion that he is a SG fan merely because he gets to sit on my lap whenever I sit down to watch it! (Hence the term lap dog)

He is smart enough to know that has to go though. And if my dog can see that... Well need I say more?
          LOL. That sig pic is wonderful.
          sigpic

Comment

hiya guys,

BIG WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE JOINED OUR HAPPY FAMILY(MOST OF THE TIME) HAVE A LOOK AROUND FEEL FREE TO POST BUT MOST OF ALL STAY WITH US AND MAKE OUR FAMILY A BIGGER ONE.

I'M GOING TO BED SO I'LL CATCH UP WITH YOU GUYS TOMORROW.

WYNTERXX

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
              Welcome MireiyuNoir!

I don't know about this whole rabid shipper idea. I'm sure they regularly get mail from crazies of all persuasions. I can't believe they would generalize that their entire fan base is like that. The fact that the general impression of was so bad was why he got mouthy and ripped the shippers. Even though, many people who wouldn't refer to themselves as shippers didn't like the character either. I still don't think AT or RCC or any other PTB understand this. I think we were just conveniently and innaccurately blamed for the uproar.

ship sistah
              *crazies of all persuasions*--I'm gonna giggle at that for quite a while...

I think you are absolutely right about every word you said--beautifully put!

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen12
                Regarding the Farscape ending:

I am by no means an expert, just a casual watcher who happened to catch the ending (and was horrified), but I heard that they were told on the last day of filming that the show had been cancelled and there was no time to change the ending, which apparently was a real plotline.

This has always reminded me of SG in that they always think *this* year is the last and I wonder how any show can go on and make sense if they don't know if they will be renewed.

Anyway, this is what I heard and I much prefer this explanation to TPTB purposely ripping the hearts out of their fans! I guess I just hope this is true and won't happen with SG.
                ok, thats less bad....my friend (who was traumatized by that ep) has been trying to get me to watch...I've told her I don't have time for another fandom and honestly, I can't take a ship that ended like that on top of whats been happening with Sam/Jack ship. I wouldn't even consider seeing Spiderman II until a friend said I wouldn't want to smack Peter Parker for being a dumba$$ (I despised the ending of the first movie...DESPISED it...I'm a total romantic/sap...its why I ship! )

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

No No...I was misquoted REALLY...they are REAL ...HONEST THE SHIPPER COOKIES ARE REAL EVERYONE :d
                  Tame would never say that the cookies didn't exist!! It was another malicious effort on the part of TPTB to drive one more shipper to the Rehab Center!!!

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                    OMG, that is horrible! I'm sure if the show comes back they'll undo it, but man... that was mean!

I've got a few more for the rollercoaster!

Shipper Shakedown
                    Vancouver Vomitorium
                    Canada's Curse
                    Wormhole Extreme
                    Goa'uld's Revenge

ship sistah

I rather like "Shipper Shakedown" cause that is what I think TPTB are doing to us!
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      ROFL!! I am loving this imagery and we're *not so psycho*? Wow, then *psycho* must be quite something to behold...

I think we're all just doing the best we can to get off this coaster (count me as one of those who get sick)...
                      I am not psycho! I am heavily medicated against it!!

(Mei Mei wonders if there's room for another body in the back yard...)

I am going to ask my doctor to up the dose on my happy pills before Affinity... I wonder if he could triple it before Threads.

And don't look so shocked!! You really thought my optimism was natural! LOL! It's chemically induced!

Comment

Originally posted by raggedy11
                        Token thank you for the hug. It helped a lot. Where is ship nana and those cookies just when I am getting hungry?

BTW, I just made it to Jaffa Fodder. I don't know if that's so good or not. I liked being a "Mature Symbiote". Had a nice ring to it.

Here ya go! Take your pick!

SHIPPER COOKIES:

There are:

Pale Green Shipper Cookie - used for medicinal purposes only by sick shippers - this cookie is full of Shipper Love and Ship Nana's chicken soup

Pink Shipper Cookies - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping

Green Shipper Cookies - Stops Pit-ranting and rant withdrawal and redirects focus to Ship

Red Shipper Cookies - Makes ship lurkers into ship posters
                        (take the red pill, Neo-shippers)

Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

Purple Shipper Cookies - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping

Orange Shipper Cookies - Disoriented Shipping

Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.

Gray Shipper Cookies - Snarkiness Shipper Cookie

Lime Shipper Cookies - gives the illusion of Shipper Greatness. They allow the Shipper to dream really BIG!!!!!!

Naquadah Enhanced Anti-Ranting Shipper Cookies – If you have to eat these Shipper Cookies you are so desperate that you probably won't care what they are for.
                        P.S. - Disclaimer - Since these Shipper Cookies are probably radioactive please take the appropriate precautions when handling.

Rosy Shipper Cookies - wipes out the memories of bad spoilers and desolves the desire to read spoilers

SUBLIMINAL Shipper Cookies – Makes TPTB believe that Ship was their idea

Turquoise Shipper Cookies - which are the super duper magnificent spectacular love enhanced shipper cookies

Motion Sickeness Shipper Cookies - when eaten prevents motion sickness from TPTB shipper rollercoaster ride.
                        Dark Red Shipper Cookies - These will stop Kinsey ranting and any feelings of queasiness related to any thoughts about Kinsey, such as a Kinsey-in-love-with-Sam thought

Indigo Shipper Cookies - helps us all remain blissfully ignorant of anything negative to our ship

EVERY COLOR SHIPPER COOKIE - which erases shipper memories of all bad spoilers, episodes, and character appearances that depress shippers and replaces them with positive Sam/Jack memories. This shipper cookie was created in Honor of the 2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION! ITS SHIP DAY JULY 28TH, 2004. It is guaranteed to keep all shippers in only the best shipper mood.

and the all time favorite:

YELLOW SHIPPER COOKIES – (HWMS)
                        Ship Nana

Comment

Now see the friustrating thing for me here is that means that *Threads* IS NOT the episode that ends it all then...... it means it will continue on till the end and we will get some lame a$$ ending like the fishing invite. But all the JUICE will have gone into the PS story line...the romance the joy and all the fun... That really bothers me

Juice=I want juice. I want all the angst, passion and drama they can throw into the Sam/Jack storyline. It will never be as good as it would have been without Pete, but I want it all....

not just an invite to lunch or fishing. Yeah, I agree with you there. What worries me a smidgen is the way Full Circle ended.

Spoiler space

In Full Circle, the team just walk into the sunset, sort of. There is a teeny hint of ship because of Skaa'ra's wedding invite. (Do you see my face? I wanted to see Skaa'ra married with children.) FC was a bland episode that could have been wonderful.
                          Just don't want TPTB to screw the rest of season eight up.

Back to finish reading the rest of the posts............
                          Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

No No...I was misquoted REALLY...they are REAL ...HONEST THE SHIPPER COOKIES ARE REAL EVERYONE :d
                            I knew there had to be a mistake cause you would never say such a thing. Gosh you know how those journalists can be, misquoting and taking words out of context and all!!!!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                              LOL. Dibs on the JMSCRR Room on Friday nights at 10 p.m. I think this room may end up having way more reservations than the JackTherapy room.

<Have I told you lately how wonderfully creative you are Mala? Thank you for always putting a smile on our faces!>
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Ok I know we have beat the RCC comment to death

So I am goning to go at a different angle. The show has reached a point where they want to draw in more fans The Season 8 opener was the highest rated show they have ever had and why do you think that is?

It is because Season 7 went out on such an emotional note! IMHO they built up the emotion so MUCH!

Season 7 spoilers - Season 8 Spoilers
                                .The Sci Fi commercials were *The Heart Of the SGC May Be Lost* now just who could that have been...mmmmm Jack thats right and who was standing there with her hands on the ice with tears in her eyes staring at him ...Yup Sam and THAT was after she had grabbed the mans face "Jack, don't you leave us!" and ONCE AGAIN Jack pulls himself from the brink FOR HER and tells them how to save him.

Everyone tuned into the Season 8 opener to see what was going to happen and what happened.........NOTHING and what is going to continue to happen with Sam & Jack that we KNOW FOR SURE - that means the episode has been filmed and is in the can- NOTHING

Then we get spoilers that show us that the WORSE THING we Shippers can imagine may be coming true and we start saying WHOA!!!! and then Joe Mallozzi pops in with a crypic post...ok we all put on a *Shipper Rose Tinted Glasses* and try to have faith in TPTB heck we have waited 7 years we can wait a bit longer, we can trust Joe right???
                                Then we get the *Threads* info and it is even WORSE then we imagined...WHY IS IT WORSE...well they are leading us to believe that Sam has said yes to so now Sam has to look evven more indecisive by backing out of this engagment in order to be with Jack. Now we hear Jack has to be *pushed* into voicing his feelings for Sam yet again. AND on top of it all Sam's Dad may be dying. Well isn't all this just what you would think IMMEDIATELY when you read a SCI FI SHOW is coming on.

TPTB brought in a last minute character and now the *Ship* revolves around him. Any romance that has to do with Sam has to do with him. The fans (not just shippers BUT ALLTYPES) have made it VERY CLEAR that they do notlike this charater, they felt he was poorly written, that he was poorly portrayed and that he really had no place in the whole Star Gate story. But did that matter. Nope, in fact it got alot of attention in quite the opposite way. The fans were made to feel somewhat *stupid* for their dislaike of this character. Their letters expressing this were termed *Hate Mail* on National TV. regardless of the fact that I am sure NOT EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS. So where am I supposed to go to say all this?? I guess I can sit in my living room and complain to my husband. I guess I can sit and talk with my friends who watch Star Gate and we can discuss the merits of being treated badly by TPTB once a show goes up in ratings. Well I have. And one of the reasons I joined fandom was to find a place that I could share the JOY AND THE PAIN of Ship, The joy and Pain of TPTB and make friends.

I discuss the merits of the episodes in the episodes threads. I discuss the waythe writers treat women in the thread designed for that. But when I want to talk about what TPTB are doing to the one thing I have invested myself emotionally in SHIP I come here.

I will keep saying over and over I WILL NOT GIVE UP BUT

Joe if you ever come on and read through these READ THIS - I am tired of being yanked around for 7 going on 8 years. I am angry that Pete was brought in and given all the things we feel should have been given to Sam & Jack. I am frustrated that a large fanbase has to be this tired and fed up to get one post from anyone. And while I appreciate it, if TPTB are NOT going to ECLIPSE the PS/SAM story when Sam/Jack get together then you may as well not bother because you have damaged MY trust in your team and it will cause me to shy away from any other projects I see any of your names on.
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X