X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    Gads......I am NOT GIVING up.........

I am just talking here...I am just venting my anxiety and my frustrations......

Sheesh...Mei Mei is in IM now giving me MUCH *stuff*

Ok I want to say I am ONE VERY OPTIMISTIC SHIPPER BUT..........

I just am having doubts and I need to hear from my shipper family ...
    1) That having doubts is ok
    2) that it is ok to vent even if it is negative and makes no sense
    3) that yes it does make sense but we all choose to ignore
    4) That I am still ok even though I am a flake

ok
    (((Tame))) all of the above are fine!

I also agree with what you said in post 484...thats how feel about stargate and Sam/Jack ship...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
    ~Imzadi
    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
      (((Tame))) all of the above are fine!

I also agree with what you said in post 484...thats how feel about stargate and Sam/Jack ship...
      Thank you LtLisa...((((((((((((((LtLisa))))))))) I don't wanna feel like a total dweeb
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
        1) That having doubts is ok. Having doubts is human and therefore, unless you've recently changed species, it's definately okay.

2) that it is ok to vent even if it is negative and makes no sense. Your venting is healthy! It's not good to hold it all in!

3) that yes it does make sense but we all choose to ignore. I am confused (but I confuse easily... you should know that by now) on this statement so I have no logical reply! LOL!

4) That I am still ok even though I am a flake. You are NOT a flake! Never ever ever would you be considered a flake! You had better stop calling my most wonderful beta in the world names!! LOL!

And as long as you are not giving up, I will stop giving you *stuff* on IM!!! LOL!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((TAME)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I fixed number 3 LOL

and thank you Oh Most Auspisicious Author
        (((((((((((((((((Mei Mei))))))))))))))
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Thank you LtLisa...((((((((((((((LtLisa))))))))) I don't wanna feel like a total dweeb

(((Tame))) you're not a dweeb...even though we may all be crazy (and I'm proud of it too!) <g>

grrr...Gateworld's hiccuping again...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
            Good grief! I go away for a few hours and come back to 9 PAGES!!!

LOL Can someone PM the link to Meimei's OTHER story (gotta see what this blushing is about ).

You know, Tasha and I will be at the Chicago con the week AFTER Affinity airs (grumbles.... good thing or bad thing??) so we'll have to think of some (NICE!) questions to ask... I'm thinking I need to ask AT about those pictures

Today I went out shopping with best friend to find something remotely decent to wear to the con. Being poor grad student I exist in shorts/jeans and t-shirts, and seeing as I'm doing a photo with MS I don't want to look like a bag lady I mean, I can't wear the sack every day... Now have excellent top with plunging neckline... I feel a bit like AT did exchanging her uniform for that dress... LOL
            well, I'm behind by many posts, but I'd say it's a good thing -- you can gauge the reaction of many fans to the travesty of the proposal, you can ask (nicely) if TPTB are oppositional defiant of shipper wishes, if they're delusional...I can think of at least 20 questions I could ask...

Di, who has to stop in the midst of catching up to feed her pesky kids

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
              well, I'm behind by many posts, but I'd say it's a good thing -- you can gauge the reaction of many fans to the travesty of the proposal, you can ask (nicely) if TPTB are oppositional defiant of shipper wishes, if they're delusional...I can think of at least 20 questions I could ask...

Di, who has to stop in the midst of catching up to feed her pesky kids
              Then by all means let me know what they are!
              This is the first time all day I've been able to get onto GW

((((((Tame!)))))
              Don't give up! I understand your annoyance at TPTB for jerking us around, but there is still so much to enjoy about the show - and this community!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                Then by all means let me know what they are!
                This is the first time all day I've been able to get onto GW

((((((Tame!)))))
                Don't give up! I understand your annoyance at TPTB for jerking us around, but there is still so much to enjoy about the show - and this community!
                Thanks KG...but if you look post 487 says in real big letters I am NOT GIVING UP

Both over here and over on Delphi
                I just know that I have grabbed up shippers by the arm pits and dragged them kicking and screaming into optimism and I am just hoping someone does it for me as well

Comment

((((((((((((((TAME)))))))))))))

The whole shipper family is with you. We need each other to get us through this rough patch! (That's what it is....all will be well!).
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks KG...but if you look post 487 says in real big letters I am NOT GIVING UP

I just know that I have grabbed up shippers by the arm pits and dragged them kicking and screaming into optimism and I am just hoping someone does it for me as well
                    me and Kel'sha can get MG/Kel'dor to help///with our extra strength, we should be able to manage it <g>

~Imzadi

Comment

Never hurts to reinforce the no giving up policy!
                      *grabs Tame by armpits and drags her off to the Caty and Marimba Cine Complex for some extra shippy vid viewing - accompianied by chocolate, Ship nana's cookies and the beverage of your choice*

Comment

now see THAT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))) you guys make me believe in things that may not be possible but as long as I have this place to act like an idiot then I am ok

Thanks Bev!! LtLisa and KG!!!!

Comment

Ok I want to say I am ONE VERY OPTIMISTIC SHIPPER BUT..........

I just am having doubts and I need to hear from my shipper family ...
                          1) That having doubts is ok
                          2) that it is ok to vent even if it is negative and makes no sense
                          3) that yes it does make sense but we all choose to ignore it
                          4) That I am still ok even though I am a flake
                          ok
                          Aw, Tame. You are more than OK, even though you *are* a total flake.

I'm not your shipper family, but maybe I'm a distant shipper relative twice-
                          removed. You can vent. You can make no sense. You are just as good at
                          making no sense as *I* am! LOL You don't need permission, FCOL!

I am not as optimistic as you are. You know that. Can't call me little
                          Mary sunshine in the shipper department. I think we're screwed as far
                          as having our dreams come true. (Am I cheering you up? )
                          But I still enjoy SG-1. I guess I'm masochistic that way!

Say what you want. Vent. Rant. Ring doorbells and run away.
                          Can't change what is already filmed. But if it makes you feel better,
                          just do it.

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                          appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                          full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                          in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

no problem Tame...thats what family's for!

and its lots of fun to have a bunch of us on at the same time too!

edited to say: oops, I have to go! Social/dessert as a break since we've (and I use that term loosely since I have done no work today since I'm waiting on my mentor's help tomorrow) been working hard on final projects and presentations...

I'll be back later tonight! and I'll talk instead of just reading fanfic til 3am...

(((Shipper family)))

~Imzadi

Comment

Auralan
                              I am actually getting more and more confused by all the spoilers and speculation that is going on here
                              Well, I am getting just a bit confused as well if you want the truth. Like many spoilers that TPTB give us, I think this ep could go either way. Personally, I can't see TPTB giving us the drama of a near wedding (and I will be VERY happy if they don't personally)--it'a bit too far even for them. I only want one thing out of this ep--for them to finally have the adult convo and (hopefully) decide to get together.

While I love Jack and Sam (I wouldn't be here if I didn't), I'm not a huge fan of angst. I've said this elsewhere and I thought it was time to bring it over here. I loved having lots and lots of ship in season 7 BUT the more I think about it, the more I think the angst might have been too much in places. The best example of this has to be Lost City, I think. While this is one of my fave shippy eps, I wasn't sure why they did the second confession scene in the engine room.

In the first scene they were interrupted (Gads I'm really beginning to hate confession interruptus) but they were interrupted IMO after Jack had effectively cut her off. Why the second scene then, if it was not intended to accomplish the confession? And why change it if it doesn't further the plot? Why not just *gasp* cut it all together? This has been bothering me a good bit lately.

I want Sam & Jack to be together...but I want the Sam I love to be with the Jack I love....not this lame excuse for an emotional breakdown of a person woman who can't even have a conversation with the man and definitely not if the only way she can EVEN get around to doing ANYTHING is if her DYING father has to TELL her to.....

and Jack...sheesh... he is a General FCOL and He can face bullets and tell the Gou'ald to Bite me but he can't have a freakin conversation with Sam

ok can you tell I am just tired of this whole thing and I want it DONE!!!!!!
                              I'm frustrated too. Why give us the level of intensity that we had in the second half of the season (knowing all along that they were going to tick off their anti fans) and then drop it? I think it's less to please the antis and more to drag out the drama personally. Other than RCC, who seems to have a bit of a bone of contention about shippers, I can't see the others having such motivations.

Even poor Damien Kindler seemed rather shocked at the mail he got after Chimera aired (I think it was RCC's plot, Kindler just wrote the dialogue). The only person who didn't seem shocked or at least distressed about this seems to be RCC, interesting, I think. I don't know what his issue is with shippers but I wish he'd find some other show to muck up, I'm a bit sick of him and I'm really glad that it seems like Brad has told him to clam up.

I am sorry Shipper family.....just not enough sleep and I can't turn to end of the book and find out how it all ends so I can be happy

end of my rant...I will be better after some sleep
                              Sorry! I think your crankiness is my fault LOL! I kept you up too late being my beta! But the result was well worth accepting the blame!
                              Last edited by marimba26; 08 August 2004, 02:50 PM. Reason: because I think my brain got scrambled
                              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme

For our video-makers, at some point Creation is going to have a music video contest and the prize will be the airing of your vids at their cons and some other nice prize. So, we have to be on the lookout for that. A shipper must win!

Spoilers season 8 and season 1 Atlantis
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                ;
                                Don is going to be in 3 SG1 episodes (the first of which he commands the Prometheus) and one Atlantis ep. Atlantis? Yes, Atlantis.

ship sistah
                                That's great, it's good to know we'll still see him around!

A shipper must definitly win the video contest!! Good prize too - and hey, maybe a shipper vid (shipper vids?) airing at cons would bring a few closet shippers out!

Comment

Working...
                                X