Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so I hope so I really really hope so! I mean even if it is just a little bit- I mean they do not even have to have any contact- just admit it and say "And when we can we will damn it. We may fight like cats but we'll make up like dogs ".....ok sorry just found my inner smut muse lol!!
    ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
      I also felt this way but as usual my shipper family have restored hope that this will be THE EPISODE we have been waiting for.
      REMEMBER it took 4 years for them to bring out full ship on d&c where thhey both reveal their true feelings so this will be the anniversary season( i hope)

wynterx
      I like that idea!
      I'm hoping that this ep will be the one we have all been waiting for and that it will get rid of and everything and finally let Sam and Jack admit their feelings

4 years anniversary!!
      Note to TPTB: Please don't torture us too much I can cope with 'Affinity' and with the help of my shipper family I will be able to get through 'Threads' but please let their be no more after that!!! Thank You!

nd you know I just thought the things on here are Threads e.g The Sam and Jack Shipper Thread
      Do you think its dedicated to all us Forum goers??...Ok i'm mad I know

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

I know the feeling, hon... I was there with Chimera. And Affinity. BUT, this....

Spoiler space for S8's Threads

I love this! Well, after some moaning that Jack's got his own sidekick. But Sam's doubting her engagement -that was hard to even write that word- and Jack's not going easily into HIS moving on.... sounds like a lot of juicy angst for both. And with PS pushing too fast and too far, Sam being jealous about Jack's new rela, and her worrying about her dad.... ANGST!

Btw, I'm up to speed on the sides -thanks our trusty 'sides' girl- so I know more details about the ep.

I'm not crazy about the soap operish vibes about this ep, but if it FINALLY gets Sam and Jack to DEAL with their FEELINGS and CONFRONT one another about it, then I'm all for this ep happening.

(((((((((((shipper family)))))))))))))))

Sally
        Holy cr@p! I'm bouncing and I haven't bounced since Chernobyl!!!

Jack gets a bird - way hay!

Sam has second thoughts about , well FCOL took her long enough. I had second thoughts after... well I didn't bother with first thoughts really.

Great, a bit soap operaish as you said Sally... WHAT OTHER INFORMATION DO YOU HAVE? (sorry for shouting)

I think I might have to keep Sky,as being in the UK and going by previous years, we get to see it first!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          As for the happy endings thing... I don't know why, but no matter how much angst I write, the main characters always end up happily. Perhaps it's part of my basic belief that people generally want to be happy, and don't want to wallow in the mires of depression forever. I'm not sure I've ever written a fic where things ended badly — I know I planned one, but lost interest and stopped writing it.
          oh, fanfic? wherewherewherewherewhere? <g> link please? I'm a total hopeless romantic so your fic sounds great!

//This is an incredibly stupid statement, but wouldn't it be funny if the title "Threads" which supposedly deals a lot with Jack, Sam, and certain relationships (vague enough?) was a subliminal shout-out to all of us crazy message-boarders who just chew up thread after thread after thread trying to get them to portray the show our way? LOL//

Iactually thought of the threads of the forum too...just not as a subliminal shout out. If this episode goes the way we want, then I might have to officially consider it so <bg>

~LtLisa, another brunette officially having a brunette moment

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi
          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            Yay! And will you refresh our memories with this exact quote for when the going gets tough?

Sally
            anything for you Aunt Sally!

btw, I also love you sig lines...were they quotes you actually used as a sig before?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
            ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by DebbySG1
              Hello everybody!!
              SPOILER for Threads

I am relatively new here. Obviously, I am a sam/jack shipper, but my hopes came loose a bit when I read that in a new episode, Jack begins a relation with another woman! Is there anybody so nice who can tell me that there are still hopes???? When I read this article, I lost the interest for the series. Personally, this chemistry between Jack and Sam was what kept me attentive, now that Jack is with other woman, it produce to me a great loss of interest .......anybody who will like to save a long-suffering shipper?
              any hopes??
              I can help! You read the whole spoiler right? Sam's questioning things, Jack can't really commit and Sam's FINALLY going to try and talk to him again. ANd additional spoilers indicate that unlike Ptui, Kerry will be a one episode wonder (at least as Jack's gf).

also, words to remember:
              RDA: he's no threat to O'Neill
              AT: Carter loves O'Neill. She adores him

~Imzadi

Comment

so, I have a regs question for the members of our family who have a military spouse (Tame? Marimba? anyone else?). MINOR spoiler for Threads, just a new relationship, but I'l do spoiler space anyhow

(
                *(
                (
                ok, so how is it that Jack is able to date this Kerry whos in charge of something SGC related? He works with her and shes not a general so if she's miliary he outranks her and works with her (like Sam). If she's a civilian consultant, as I seem to recall, she's off limits. So, WTF? how come the regs can get bent for this but not Jack and Sam?

yay! I'm a Goa'uld underling!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                  oh, fanfic? wherewherewherewherewhere? <g> link please? I'm a total hopeless romantic so your fic sounds great!
                  Heh, the link in my sig is actually a link to my profile at fanfiction.net. My first Jack/Sam fic is in progress there.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill

nd you know I just thought the things on here are Threads e.g The Sam and Jack Shipper Thread
                    Do you think its dedicated to all us Forum goers??...Ok i'm mad I know
                    Sam O'Neill...with 2 LL's......when I clicked on the spoiler to read it...that was why...I was about to visite the Thread.....wouldn't it be cool if it was a nod to us shippers....as it is definately a ship ep....albeit a rocky one!

S

Comment

I finally promoted!!! Jaffa Warrior! No more foddor....

**Walks off smiling proudly and walking a little taller **

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                        I finally promoted!!! Jaffa Warrior! No more foddor....

**Walks off smiling proudly and walking a little taller **
                        Congrats! Now, if only promotions didn't come so much slower after that.
                        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

i am new too and was so disheartened by reading the spoiler for Threads but after looking at the views of the shippers here i do feel a bit better.Affinity i am dreading if i watch it at all and i wonder how many other eps we will have to suffer with pit in them (YUK) I really think that the writers will have thought this thru as they wont want to be bombarded with angry letters or people switching off .

Comment

so, I have a regs question for the members of our family who have a military spouse (Tame? Marimba? anyone else?). MINOR spoiler for Threads, just a new relationship, but I'l do spoiler space anyhow

(
                            *(
                            (
                            ok, so how is it that Jack is able to date this Kerry whos in charge of something SGC related? He works with her and shes not a general so if she's miliary he outranks her and works with her (like Sam). If she's a civilian consultant, as I seem to recall, she's off limits. So, WTF? how come the regs can get bent for this but not Jack and Sam?
                            I've read the fraterinization regulations recently, and they include the current situation between Sam and Jack now and relationships with civilian employees under the direction of one of the people in question. I think the way they're getting around it with Kerry is that she's not under Jack, though it does seem somewhat unprofessional for Jack to be with someone who's involved in overseeing his command. And since the Air Force has been so insistent that they not break the regs with Sam and Jack, I'm going to assume that it's not against the regs for a lieutenant colonel to be dating the civilian in charge of her program. Still seems like a conflict of interests there, but in that case I think it would be reasonable to assume that Hammond would be in charge of things like promotions, as he would be the next one up on the chain of command if Jack were taken out.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

MINOR spoiler for Threads
                              (
                              *(
                              (
                              Well, my hubby isn't Military, but enough of the rest of my family is that I think I can address this issue at least a little.

The regs are designed to avoid favoritism and bias. It applies to officers in the same chain of command and civilian consultants when the officer has a direct supervisory role over them (I'm ignoring enlisted since none are relevant to this scenario). Kerry's on the SGC professional oversight committee. She's not in Jack's operational chain of command. She isn't a civilian consultant working within his organization that he supervises (like Daniel or Felger). He doesn't do her performance reviews. She doesn't report to him in any capacity. He really has no authority over her in any sense the regs address. He's pretty in the clear here.

She's presumably reviewing SGC related issues, but she's not military or even necessarily employed by the military. She may not be bound by military regs at all. It's a bit of a grey area, but if anybody would be in trouble here it would likely be Kerry. She's the one in the oversight position and her relationship with Jack could bias her reports. Since I have no idea what the professional oversight commmission does or who pays her salary, I don't have a clue what her organization's conduct rules are to know if she's bending or breaking any.

That help a little?
                              *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

(
                                *(
                                (

yay! I'm a Goa'uld underling!
                                she is not under Jack's direct command (and even that can be gotten around in RL and on the show if TPTB wanted too )
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X