This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtLisa
    I want to be a Goa'uld this year! Either Osiris or that new one...me and one of my gater friends are gonna do it! Anyone know where I can get a hand device thats not really expensive?
    make one out of tin foil and pipe cleaners.

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
      I'm writing a letter for Amanda and at one time some other people were going to write letters and send them to me to include. I was also thinking of printing out a picture of Shipper Town (Mala and Token-is this okay?) and possibly some of the fun things other people came up with on Ship Day. If anyone wants me to include something, just let me know. I want to decorate the notebook with pictures of Sam and Jack (what else? ) and include some quotes, either from the show or from other literature that seem to exemplify their relationship. I was also thinking about including the letter from the Shipper family again. What does everyone think?

Thanks for the advice about the pictures. I hope mine turn out okay. My daughters are going to Chicago with me, but not to the convention. They are 9, 6, and 3. They will be hanging out with my parents and doing fun things like going to the zoo and shopping, even though my oldest daughter would really like to meet Amanda. Maybe some other time when I can afford more than one ticket.
      use my sig quote! its from Star Trek the Riker/Troi ship! (my very first...until them, i was a ship virgin...)

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
      ~Imzadi
      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
        I'm also rooting for a SEASON 8 Jack/Sam get-together. It HAS worked on other shows without going downhill. Citing Alias, at least, Sydney and Vaughn together in Season 2 went quite nicely. Now, I'm still not sure who's worse: (Alias fans, help me out here) who do we hate more, Lauren or Pete?
        Pete's worse; Lauren was meant to be bad, we hated her and wanted Vaughn to be with Syd, but it was still good angst (i loved the thing with his watch). Also, the Lauren/Syd/Vaughn triangle was actually RELATED to the show unline this stuPit thing. And they resolved it in one season...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by Sam & Jack Shipper
          I am going to trying to stay up with y'all!
          Today I am being lazy (I am supposed to be cleaning house) and taking the time to read all the long threads I have been meaning to read.
          Did you see any of the Ship Day Thread? Very fun!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

although i generally tend to turn off any voyager ep now, if i see written by B&B at the start, it goes off extra fast.
            i loved DS9 from season 3 onward, but the only pairings on it that i felt had any substance to them were o'brien and keiko, and sisko and cassidy. but i wouldn't say i was a shipper for any of them.

as for the leathal weapon 3 scars scene, i've actually thought of the potential sam and jack comparisons there too.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kri
              Sadly, your dancing banana reminds me of Jonas's obsession with bananas! As for Halloween, I wore my Sam Carter costume last year.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/cf4c...hEB9CBB3BkzNoXx

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/cf4c...hDB9CBBxDC5CSLH

I can't repeat it, so this year I think we are going with a Disney theme since we also went to DW.
              I couldn't open it-- is it just me? I wanna see your outfit!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                I agree the ep was light and cute, but when Jack and Sam got together at the end it was like the clouds broke apart and the sun started shining brightly. They have such amazing chemistry and warmth, they could read the phone book to each and it would seem sensual. What they said may not have been shippy, but the love was so there.

What I didn't like was the coming attraction for this ep (now that I've seen it), which made it seem like an action-heavy show, which it so wasn't. I remember X-Files being able to promote acurately when one of their more irreverant shows was coming up. It's not like we wouldn't watch Stargate if it there weren't big explosions every 10 minutes.

ship sistah

Jack: <sensually> Grace Alberts...I like that name...
                Sam: we can name our first little girl Grace

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                  To be on-topic, I am watching Lethal Weapon 3 right now (bear with me!)
                  and I just watched the infamous "show me your scars scene " and all I could think while watching it was "gawd, we really need a scene like this with Sam and Jack!"
                  spoilers season 8
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  `
                  That would be too great! Hopefully when they're alone on a ship together (Good to Be the King?) we'll get some good banter and fun shippy stuff.

Edited to say: Sacme!! I LOVE your sig!!!
                  Even though CJ just laughed when I asked him about T being a shipper, I think by other things he said at the con that CJ himself beneath that goofy exterior lies a romantic!
                  waterfall
                  Thanks! I was going through my pics trying to figure out what to do next and came up on Mala's screencap of T. I adore his smile here and had to find a way to use it. Thanks Mala!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                    That man's body is like a rock!!
                    I did get to show it to him and he said that we made a dashing couple!
                    tee hee!

oh! also,
                    Spoilers for "Affinity" and "Sacrafices":

CJ also said that it was weird 'cuz Teal'c gets some action with his neighbor in "Affinity" then 2 eps later in "Sacrafices" he's supposed to be really "in love" with Ishta and *that* just didn't sit right with him.
                    Gee, this sounds familiar!
                    Because Sam is really in love with Jack but she's sleeping with !
                    I'm glad to see at something like that bothers at least one of the cast.

waterfall
                    that was bothering me too!!!! and remember Shaun'ac? he was MARRIED and spouting to her about an 'endless love'. Not cool! Teal'c's too honorable for that.

glad you enjoyed the con, wish I was in Florida and could've gone and met you girls!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie

hmmm...I could make one....I have lots of semiprecious gemstones too...good idea!

Token, lol....very funny...and I did have fun catching up (I'm on the last page now!)

~Imzadi

Comment

Did you see any of the Ship Day Thread? Very fun!

ship sistah
                        I think I must have missed it.
                        Is the thread gone?
                        sigpic

Comment

yep that out of sight out of mind crap with his girlfriends/spouse is one of the only things that bugs me about teal'c's character.

Comment

Hi all!!!

And a big hello to any new family members.

Just got off the airplane and will try to catch up with all the posts later.

I saw someone reply to JM.

Did he stop by again while I was gone?

Any important news that I need to be aware of?

I gonna go watch my tape of the new ep now and I will be back later to check in with you guys.

Oh and yes, I have a batch of shipper cookies in the oven right now. I know we are gonna need them in the near future and I want to have a good supply on hand.
                            Ship Nana

Comment

honestly, I don't know if I can wait another year. waiting for resolution stopped being as much fun after they introduced .

ship sistah
                              ok, a driveby posting that's actually OT -- from me, that's a miracle .

Looked up 'resolution' in my handy Oxford dictionary--no, I'm not illiterate, just wanted to see the different definitions...
                              one VERY interesting one:

#5 a&b of 8 definitions: a. a separation into components; decomposition, b. the replacing of a single force, etc., by two or more jointly equivalent to it

ok, let's stretch this thought, first a., separate Sam and , into the individuals they are...their attraction decomposes, and Sam realizes that Jack is the only real man for her...then, b., the single force, i.e., problems keeping them apart (timing, regs, inability to have adult conversations about relationships, whatever) is replaced, by positive talks, maybe a reassignment, or an overwhelming need to act on mutual attractions (two jointly equivalent feelings)...

Hmmmmm.......that was a REAL stretch, wasn't it? Ok, so I've been drinking already, but the kids ARE driving me to it, along with TPTB

Caught up last night, so I'll get on later to really chat...thank goodness this thread is finally slowing down.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                                I want to be a Goa'uld this year! Either Osiris or that new one...me and one of my gater friends are gonna do it! Anyone know where I can get a hand device thats not really expensive?
                                Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                <Looks around for easily available items>
                                Maybe a rounded lid of some type (like a slurpee cup lid?)
                                A light plastic rounded paperweight?
                                A …….mmmm… PG forum…. Holder of certain…..mmmm…. still can’t think of PG way to say that one!
                                Uhmmmm let's see…. Big smooth rounded river rock in interesting color… glue those gold pipe cleaners on it.
                                Small cheap plastic bowl?
                                Sculpey clay creation?

No… I got it, tho it’s likely too big… Those rounded flat, bubble top battery powered lights you press on/press off (like that old “Trouble” board game!). That way when you press it on, you have the light coming from it!
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X