This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    Good question! I'd say if Jack's still at the SGC, Sam should stick with Carter. If Jack's retired, or even semi-retired, then she could go with O'Neill. But if he's still around, it might be too confusing and lead to wondering which 'O'Neill' was being addressed.

Sally
    Yeah, real confusing! Been there done that. Ex and I were both military. He insisted I take his name though I didn't want to. (That should have told me something!!) We were in the same unit. Made it real confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      You could always move to my Time zone

Its just a jump...to the left
      and then a jump to rrrriiiiiiiggghhhtttttt
      put your hands on your hips
      and bend your knees in ttttiiiiiiiggghhhhhttttt

Uh, Tame, what are you drinking tonight? Share some please...

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
        Uh, Tame, what are you drinking tonight? Share some please...
        Just happy to be here
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Just happy to be here
          You're going to be really happy when SG1 comes on!!

Very good ep!

Comment

You're going to be really happy when SG1 comes on!!

Very good ep!
            2 more hours for me....<heavy sigh>...trying to stay spoiler free....EVEN bigger sigh>
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

2 more hours for me....<heavy sigh>...trying to stay spoiler free....EVEN bigger sigh>
              So in your sig, Jack's telling me to shut up, huh?

Comment

So in your sig, Jack's telling me to shut up, huh?
                LOL...no...he is still hunting ...I need to change that now that Ship Day iss over

Maybe that is how I should spend my time till the new episode come on

Comment

Ya know Shipper Family I was talking to a couple of members of the family last night in RL and I made an interesting observation............

We were discussing the Sam & Jack aspect of the show and our thoughts about it and where we were really enjoying it and I thought Man I really miss that in the thread !

SO I thought I would share that thought with you all. I really do miss the well thought out discussions we used to have about different episodes. I mean we have been having some smal discussions about the last two new episodes, but if you go back and look at older threads we had some very in depth discussions about ALL of the episodes.

Now I am one of the FIRST people to say Let's Party but I also like to really talk too.

Anyhoo, just thought I would let you know I how much I miss that aspect of our thread lately.
                  I feel the same.

Here's for some juicy discussion: if the writers had wanted to bring Sam and Jack together during the run of the show, which ep do you think they would/could have done it with? Going with the earliest of eps, I'd say S1's Broca Divide. But I think if it had started then, it would have been purely lust driven. So which ep do you guys think could/would have started it off?

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                    None taken. I wasn't criticizing the Asgard. And the Asgard are at least trying to get their collective "mojos" back by studying the humanoid Asgard that Heimdall found. I was just making a point why us Catholics don't like cloning. For Catholics, reproduction should only occur through mating between a husband or a wife. Not through cloning. If this is not possible that husband and wife can adopt.
                    Mad_gater, you make an old Catholic maid like me proud. <g> Thank you for saying ti better than I ever could have.

(That being said, I want to read the story where the first "new" Asgard clones - the ones genetically closer to us - have to "do it" together for the first time! <vbEg>) After thousands of years of no sex, will they even remember what goes where?
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      i agree with you here. how long has it been since we've seen jack on a date? lets assume from this that he hasn't had one in a few years. a few more years isn't gonna kill him. i haven't had a date in about three years. granted, thats not entirely by choice, but still, its not gonna kill me.

i took the episode in a light hearted fashion, so it didn't bother me too much. but i do think it was a bit risky and just the teeniest bit controvestial. but then so was the dream sequence in avenger 2.0, and i found that funny. but i understand that many were appalled by it.
                      I also took it in fun, and loved the episode. That being said, however, I would have preferred if Thor could have "fixed" little Jack to include getting him at least a *bit* closer to where he should be, age wise. Wouldn't that last scene have been a lot more fun it it had been Jack in color-washed hair and a bit younger makeup, going off to the Air Force Academy?
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

hey guys.
                        i'm multitaskingish with this post just to cover a lot of ground without filling up the thread with my pointless posts.

first, i was born and raised a catholic, but i don't exactly subscribe to the newsletter if ya get my meaning.
                        also, i read a fic once where carter was catholic. i've read one where she was jewish. and the show has hinted that she does have some christian oriented beliefs, but hasn't elaborated on it too much. ( first commandment, threshold).
                        i get the feeling that jack is leaning towards atheism. wonder how they'd raise their kids from that perspective. (on topic! )

second!
                        the name thing. i like carter-o'neill. because they could shorten it to either one, depending on the situation. as for their kids, i'd say they'd just be o'neill. i also toyed with the idea that their first son would be named jacob carter o'neill.

third!
                        the tatoo thing. i think if i were to get a stargate tatoo, i'd either be the point of origin for earth (either one) or the abydos one. or maybe a little stargate.
                        in reality though i would consider getting a tatoo of a star, but don't think i actually would get a tatoo. at least not for a good few years, until i'm old enough to actually have some sense. (does that ever happen when you're as childish as i am?)

i think sam might be the type to have a tatoo. i've read a few s/j fics where she does.

fourth!
                        favourite subtle ship ep?
                        so so many to choose from.
                        i love the following,
                        children of the gods. emancipation. singularity. solitudes. in the line of duty. serpents song. into the fire/out of mind (second part less subtle though). fair game. enemies. ascension. desperate measures. 48 hours (very vague, but i think its there). the warrior. proving ground. fail safe (ish). revelations. forsaken. evolution...
                        and so on. i'm skipping a whole bunch here. see? i can't pick favourites.

now, i'm sure i'm missing lots of things that i meant to comment on. but i'm tired, i'm mildly sick, i'm stupid, and i have the attention span of a peanut... mmmm....peanuts....

Comment

Spoiler space for S6's Abyss

<snip>

However, I do want to say I have been thinking about a very under discussed episode. Over on the Thunk Thread we are constantly referring to the *Abyss* episode because Jack looks so lost and so much in need of comfort.

Well one thing that seems to get over looked in that episode by shippers is that the entire reason that Jack is there is because Kanan judged himself by Jack's standards and he went back for the *Woman he loved*. I have often wondered why that aspect of the episde has never been discussed.

I don't discuss this ep much because it's right up there with Chimera... and ep I'll never watch again. I'm in love with Jack -and RDA- so watching an entire ep of him being tortured, murdered, revived-to-live-through-all-over-again.... I couldn't handle it. And it's all because it's Jack/RDA. The ep was wonderfully done, though, but waaaay too painful for me to watch.

As for the ship aspects of it... I can't really say if there was much or not. I was disappointed that it wasn't brought up that Sam might have had some guilt about him being in this position in the first place (she talked him into accepting the symbiote). I also was disappointed in the ending scene, where she brought him water and such. I wanted to see her angst about what he'd went through. Well, at least as a friend then. Argh, I don't like this ep! But this is an interesting topic and I hope to hear others views. Thanks for starting us off, Tame.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                            Another story involving me: I was at a mass by myself where there was a sprinkling rite. The priest that was celebrating made sure he got everybody he could, and I MEAN EVERYBODY. I was the only one in the pew sitting on the end and he broadsided me with a broomful of water. The whole left side of my face was soaked. He even got some holy water in my ear.
                            I adore our priest very much, but he gets the biggest giggle when he can use his little whiskbroom to "sprinkle" everybody - which generally means soaking most of us. As long as the weather is decent, I don't mind. Of course, that's only if he does it when I'm *not* trying to sing! (Try cantoring when somebody is flinging holy water into your face! LOL) But it seems to liven up the mass a lot and everybody always smiles or laughs, so I figure it's a good thing.

Now that you bring that up, though, wouldn't it be hilarious to see Jack attending a mass (for whatever reason you can concoct) and have him get sprinkled like that? LOL He'd want to take his turn!
                            - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              I feel the same.

Here's for some juicy discussion: if the writers had wanted to bring Sam and Jack together during the run of the show, which ep do you think they would/could have done it with? Going with the earliest of eps, I'd say S1's Broca Divide. But I think if it had started then, it would have been purely lust driven. So which ep do you guys think could/would have started it off?

Sally
                              Thanks Sally

Look I made my very first Avatar

Ya know since TPTB brought it all up in D&C I think I would have wanted to se it just slowly evolve from there. So that by season 8 it wouldn't seem all weird and rushed. I don't mean that they would have violated anything but they could have used oppotunities to talk now and again.
                              Maybe had one major adult conversation after the initial declaration that they *had* feelings and then down the road if they *still had* feelings talk again and decide that yes they wanted to persue something when all the madness was over. Then Carter would have never *gained* the *REP* of *mooning* over her CO. It would have been a mutual attraction that had been dealt with and they were both adult about it and the show went on.

Then if they (TPTB) had wanted to have a few angsting moments they could have and it would have not changed anything that they really did put on screen anyway with the exception of the *Episode I will not not name*

Personally, I think they created their own problem and then compounded it. Had they stuck to the things that really make this show click, I don't think S7 would have as many detractors as it does.

And I know....I have said all this before but thanks for reading anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                                I also took it in fun, and loved the episode. That being said, however, I would have preferred if Thor could have "fixed" little Jack to include getting him at least a *bit* closer to where he should be, age wise. Wouldn't that last scene have been a lot more fun it it had been Jack in color-washed hair and a bit younger makeup, going off to the Air Force Academy?
                                i like that thought. they really should have done something for him to make his life a tad easier. unless it was jack jr's. choice to go back to high school. which seems slightly out of character to me. i would have though if it were anything along those lines, he'd have prefered to go to college or the air force acadamy, but high school seemed odd to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X