Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad Ship Day went well!!! I haven't caught up on reading it yet, but I'm sure when I do, I'll be devestated I missed it! I was trying not to think about it too much while I was away, but one of my friends decided to name a fish Jack - not realising the significance of fish when it comes to the name Jack, and we were with lads who have a fondness for Jaffa Cakes...
    I had the new TV Zone SG1 special with me to keep me going anyway. Though I had to avoid all mention of Sam & Pete. And my occasional murmurings of "Pete is no threat to O' Neill" got me a few odd looks but that's nothing unusual!

The idea of a shipper encampent at cons sounds like a good idea, but I can't afford to go to them in the US or Cananda Don't know if there'd be interest in something similar for Wolf SG8 in November....

While I'm posting, just want to say Token, Shipper Town is fanatastic!!
    And Caty, have a great holiday!!

Oh, and I know it's off topic, but from thread 12,
    Originally posted by majorsal
    I love MASH too!

Hawkeye=Jack
    Margaret=Sam on crack
    BJ=Daniel
    Frank=McKay
    Potter=Hammond

I can't figure out Teal'c.... He's not really Trapper or Charles... hmmmm

Sally, Off-topic and having no excuse
    ROFL! Sam on crack, that's great!
    I could see how someone, clutching at straws, might say Teal'c=Charles...they're both more formal than the people around them, and...um...they're both bald....even if Teal'c isn't anymore never mind....

Comment

How's the ship gang doing today? I've got a lot of posts to catch up on. LOL. I think I've had to temporarily remove my Sam and Jack: Anything Else Would be Un-American sig. I got a PM from a moderator asking whether it was some kind of joke that only shippers would understand...which confused me slightly. I wonder if someone took that the wrong way. Even though I only used it in this thread and the RDA Thunk one. :worried:

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        yes ..like they did for the film "28 days" the 2 different endings ...that would be great and original for a sci-fi show

"28 days" had two diferent endings ? Please take me out of my misery , can you tell me what was the second ending?

So I still think TPTB will mix everything properly with one episode ...and we'll have a shippy ending SAM AND JACK ...and then ...we'll see all of them together ..having a party or something ...May be celebrating Jack's retirement ..will be great cuz hammond could be here too ..and Cassie ..and young Jack (Cassie and young Jack will meet at the party) ect...
        caty
        I like your idea A shippy Sam and Jack resolution and then a team final scene. The retirement party would work well because we can imagine what will happen to our favorite couple when he retires but there would be plenty of on scren team interaction for the non-shippers.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
          "28 days" had two diferent endings ? Please take me out of my misery , can you tell me what was the second ending?

I like your idea A shippy Sam and Jack resolution and then a team final scene. The retirement party would work well because we can imagine what will happen to our favorite couple when he retires but there would be plenty of on scren team interaction for the non-shippers.
          Spoiler 28 days >.

Which scene did you see in 28 days ..the one when he dies ..or the one when he doesn't die??!!!

caty

Comment

Hey Caty,

Where in England do you reside? Although I have lived all over the States, I have never been further away than Hawaii. No overseas trips have happened for me yet. My grandfather was born in Wisbech and one of my friends here is from Cambridge.

Comment

Cassie meeting YJ would be funny...except I think she's a bit older than him. LOL. And I think it might creep Jack out a little.

But as fate would have it, I really don't want Jack to retire, unless this whole Goa'uld/Replicator thing is all settled and won. I don't think he would retire unless it was. Maybe get demoted? Then maybe we'd get lucky. Okay, that was too Captain Kirky, but what can I say. I'm still sailing down DeNile, hoping the President will write the two of them a pardon so Sam and Jack can get together. Is that too much to hope for? President Hayes seems like a pretty great guy? He'd go for it...right? LOL.

Comment

Spoiler 28 days >.

Which scene did you see in 28 days ..the one when he dies ..or the one when he doesn't die??!!!

caty
                He dies?!
                In the one I saw he doesn't die.
                We are both talking about the film "28 days latter" right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                  Hey Caty,

Where in England do you reside? Although I have lived all over the States, I have never been further away than Hawaii. No overseas trips have happened for me yet. My grandfather was born in Wisbech and one of my friends here is from Cambridge.

I live about 1 hour and an half from London ...by the south coast ..near the beach...very pretty seaside resort full of French, Italian, Spanish, German scandinavian students....ect.... in the summer .

They come here to learn the language ..I used to be a host family for some of them a few years ago ....but cuz I have 4 little girls and I was having 4 girls teenagers as well for 2 months ...the cooking was a bit much .....

can you imagine ?! ...I had to cook for 10 people every night for 2 months ..and I ended up hating ...dinner time So I stopped ...but it was interesting to do for 3 years running

I've been to cambridge and Oxford ( very nice ), Torquay, Lands' end, The new forest , York , Manchester, Rochester, Leeds, Leicester ...and of course LONDON(Amazing ).London is as great as Paris really

But I go to France more often ..cuz I'm from France...and I love the beauty of the country , the food and the clothes ..specially when I go to Saint-Tropez.

Never been to the USA. I only travel in Europe but it's nice ...when I'm in the south of France I also go to SPAIN ...But I don't stay here too long cuz The supermarkets I went to... were poor on the food selection..YUk ....I go back to France quickly and I feel better ..French patisseries are great. I also go to Italy.

English food is not too good but cuz I'm French I cook French

caty

Comment

[QUOTE=aeromathlete]Cassie meeting YJ would be funny...except I think she's a bit older than him. LOL. And I think it might creep Jack out a little.

But that's the problem I've always had with "young Jack" , the only young thing about him is his body, his mind is of a 40 something man, with all of the experiences, memories and though processes of a grown up Jack. It creeps me that he is trying to fit in with teenagers

Comment

He dies?!
                      In the one I saw he doesn't die.
                      We are both talking about the film "28 days latter" right?
                      Yeah ...that's correct ...one ending he lives and one ending ..he dies

I prefered the one where he lives

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                        Hey Caty,

I know a few people who live in Dallas ...and they love it I even received a postcard of the park with the metal bulls ...Do you see what I mean !!! I can't remember the name but I thought it was amazing .

And of course everybody knows JR

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                          LOL!!!! So whatdya think of my "shipper encampment" idea for the next con. Any of us shippers that go can share hotel suites.
                          Now there's an idea but I guess that means you'll have to share with BCM and ses110 because I think the rest of us are girls

Any ideas as to which one?
                          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Yeah ...that's correct ...one ending he lives and one ending ..he dies

I prefered the one where he lives

caty
                            Now I know I'm going to have a nightmare about it. I hate it when horror films end badly . I never seem able to get rid of them in my head. I assume the 2 diferent ending were only on the DVD or was I just lucky on the night?

And we are probably almost neighbours , I live about 1 hour from London and half an hour from Hastings

Comment

Nikkirose: of course you're not invisible! If you send AT a letter, please include me

Kiwigater: sexiled from the whole apartment...wow...thats a lot of privacy!

MG: yup. GPS is quite useful...except when it isn't I work in a forest, so it doesn't work very well. My first study site came out fine, but the second...very bad, so just had to pretend we really measured it out as we tried (its a grid with stations every '10' m). Of course I'd already spent the time getting the GPS...oh well...

I won't be on after tomorrow until Sunday night and won't be on much tomorrow since I've got to try and analyze ALL my data (after we finish collecting tomorrow) since my mentor's leaving town for a week. Also, I'm going into the DC/Maryland area to visit a friend I haven't seen in four years! SO looking forward to that. I'll be back Sunday night! and you guys will probably be on thread 15...at least! Thread 14 will be 'the lost thread' for me

(((Shipper family)))

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi
                              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Now I know I'm going to have a nightmare about it. I hate it when horror films end badly . I never seem able to get rid of them in my head. I assume the 2 diferent ending were only on the DVD or was I just lucky on the night?

And we are probably almost neighbours , I live about 1 hour from London and half an hour from Hastings
                                I also live half an hour from Hastings too..I live in between Hastings and Brighton ..but PM if you find it

and no..... both endings were shown on sky movie .. they repeated the film twice on the same night ...the first one with the happy ending ..and the second one with the sad ending.

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X