This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    ummm, not that old. A couple of years maybe (yeah I know, in the computer world that's ancient). Still, it has a 950 MHz processor, so that should be more than adequate for dial-up (have I just exposed my complete computer ignorance?? ). I went thru and ran all the diagnostic programs (from Norton) last night, AND defragged too (my boss has a thing about that sort of stuff ).
    Seeing as I'm flirting with bankruptcy to get broadband, a brand spanking new computer is a little, erm, out of reach....
    Okay, does the computer freeze only when you're using the internet? Or does it do it while you're using other applications as well? I had freezing problems not very long ago. It only happened while I was on the internet. I downloaded IE 6.0 off the evil Microsoft website, reinstalled it & have had no trouble since.

There is also an Internet Explorer Repair Tool (at least, on Windows 98). This can be useful. Go to Start/Programs/Accessories/Systems Tools/System information. Highlight "Internet Explorer", then click on "Tools" on the top menu. Click on "Internet Explorer Repair Tool", & follow the instructions.

Good Luck! I know what a pain in the mikta computer problems can be.
    Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received. - Lorien

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Shipper hooch??!!!

Did I miss a meeting??

Wow, I guess our lovely town comes complete with a still, eh?
      Marimba!! Loved your Violin Concerto vid!!

I love classical music and we all know that Jack likes opera.

A Pucchini aria... Maybe the love scene from La Boheme?

Comment

Originally posted by Token
        I don't think we have a list yet. Maybe we could do that on Shipper Day? Which leads to the next question....
        I say this is another challenge we should undertake. Shipperhoy, is the Shipper Poll going to be a separate thread? (I think it will have to be.) If so, we could make the Shipper Poll part of the Ship Day Thread and use only that Thread for Ship Day and see how many posts we can get on the Ship Day Thread in one day. Hope this isn't confusing. I was thinking that a separate Ship Day Thread would give us a clean thread for the day. What does everyone else think?
        Yep! I think we should definitely try to break a record on Ship Day!!! A separate thread would be cool too if anybody wants to be up at midnight to start one (like no one is going to be up at midnight LOL). And who's midnight will we use? What should we call official ship time for the day? Just a thought. BTW--think I'm gonna roll out more than on evid for the day, but I'll roll them out at intervals to make the shippiness last all day.
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Shipper hooch??!!!
          Shipper hooch!!! That is too funny. A chick I use to work with always referred to her female friends that way. (Hooch that is.) Nothing like standing in the office with your boss, his boss, and the boss beyond to have her walk in and yell "Hey Hooch!"

Are there hooch cookies?
          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            YUP....the year 2010 ... the place Gate World...... "And we're walking.....And over here that LARGE mound you see was the last Shipper Thread here on Gate World, The Shippers refused to leave so we had to just plow over them to make room for the new society" And we're walking ......

OMG!!!!

I think this smiley just says it all! *as she wipes away the tears*
            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
              oh, so NOW you guys slow down? I check in on my lunch break (late due to the arrival of 90, 000 mealworms that had to be taken care of), expecting a new thread and I find not even 2 new pages...maybe I will be here for the move <g> Time to read Finding Grace...it's good...ahhhh!!! its a WIP? need the next chapter please!

Arrrgghhh! I really should learn its dangerous to my sanity to be reading WIP fanfic!!! Always need more!! (SueKay this means YOU!).

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                I am playing hooky from work. Not really, I am sick as a dog! But I can't stay off my computer. Of course, I have my work email up so I can keep up with what's going on there!

I just d/l Marimba's vid Bruch Violin Concertos! Another 45 min d/l...darned dial up! But it is beautiful!! I was thinking of asking her to do one to Beethoven's Fur Elise or Moonlight Sonata but she must have read my mind when it comes to classical music vids! And the dialogue plays great with the violins in the background!!

How did I miss that one? Wonderful! Wunderbar!
                (((((((((((((MeiMei)))))))))))))))

me too........feeling a bit icky myself again....

Pale green cookies....eat lots of those!!!!! Hope you feel better!!!!!!!!
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Yes, the Poll is going to be a seperate thread. It will open at midnight east coast time because I live on the west coast and have a toddler so staying up until midnight my time is a thing of the past. I have asked that someone who is here at that time make the first post in that thread outlining what you want the rules and or purpose of the thread to be and then I'll add the poll. It would be great if someone could volunteer to do that so that I know it will be done. So someone let me know if they can do that. Thanks.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Yep! I think we should definitely try to break a record on Ship Day!!! A separate thread would be cool too if anybody wants to be up at midnight to start one (like no one is going to be up at midnight LOL). And who's midnight will we use? What should we call official ship time for the day? Just a thought. BTW--think I'm gonna roll out more than on evid for the day, but I'll roll them out at intervals to make the shippiness last all day.
                    Well, I think we are going to use the same thread as the Ship Poll. We can vote for the episode and then discuss all the shippy moments, memories and what not. So when Ship Mum opens the Poll our Ship Day shall begin. How's that?

BTW....Is this going to be a protected poll/thread?

Edited to say: Ship Mum already answered. Thanks, Ship Mum!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      Yes, the Poll is going to be a seperate thread. It will open at midnight east coast time because I live on the west coast and have a toddler so staying up until midnight my time is a thing of the past. I have asked that someone who is here at that time make the first post in that thread outlining what you want the rules and or purpose of the thread to be and then I'll add the poll. It would be great if someone could volunteer to do that so that I know it will be done. So someone let me know if they can do that. Thanks.
                      Can someone work out what time that is for me, please!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        If I understand UK time zones correctly (I know US/NZ ones much better ), then midnight eastern should be around 5am UK time (does the UK have more than one time zone??)....
                        (anyone correct me if I'm wrong.... )

Comment

I think Scotland is minus 5 hours from East Coast US time. That would be 5:00 am to you. I think? Some one confirm this for me!!!
                          Last edited by Guest; 27 July 2004, 11:23 AM.

Comment

If I understand UK time zones correctly (I know US/NZ ones much better ), then midnight eastern should be around 5am UK time (does the UK have more than one time zone??)....
                            Thanks. UK has only one time zone as we're very tiny!! Guess I'd better make sure I get up very early for all the fun. Hmmm...wonder what beverage goes well with cereal??
                            sigpic

Comment

I think that is right. Scotland is GMT, and Eastern US time is GMT - 05 hours.

Token ~

Comment

Thanks. UK has only one time zone as we're very tiny!! Guess I'd better make sure I get up very early for all the fun. Hmmm...wonder what beverage goes well with cereal??
                                bovine lactose??

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X