This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    We need all the fanfic writers we can get to keep up with the voracious appetites around here. Especially shippy fics!!
    What was one of those T-shirt sayings....So much Ship...so little time
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
      Looks like GW hiccuped there for a minute. Must've be drunk off that 200 proof shipper hooch!!
      Maybe the GW PTB are trying to slow us shippers down.

They can try, but they can't stop us We just type faster once we get back in.
      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Tame! Your a MASH fan as well? I knew you were extra special, and now I know why. You, Shelsfc and I can go Off Topic and talk MASH whenever we drag ourselves away from here. Like that's gonna happen!

Token ~

Comment

ROFL!!!! Priceless mad_gater!!!!! Great stories!!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            yeah we just had a hiccup over here....Thought maybe I was dunking my cookies a bit too much
            Hmmm... I haven't had any trouble. I may be jinxing myself though by saying it!

Comment

Originally posted by Token
              Tame! Your a MASH fan as well? I knew you were extra special, and now I know why. You, Shelsfc and I can go Off Topic and talk MASH whenever we drag ourselves away from here. Like that's gonna happen!
              See That is why I KNEW you were special too!!! HUGE MASH Fan from the moment it hit the airwaves!!

But until They resolve Sam & Jack ....well I hear ya...tearing ourselves away from here...well I can see it now.....the Mods prying my cold dead hands off the last Shipper thread
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                Hmmm... I haven't had any trouble. I may be jinxing myself though by saying it!
                see all the fun you miss when you are TYPING, TYPING, TYPING (hint , hint)

Comment

Originally posted by Ilios
                  I emailed you back!!
                  Thank you sweetie!! Well, now that my nervous breakdown is over, I'm gonna head off to bed. 5:30 comes really early!!

G'night everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                    I know this is off-topic, but I just felt the need to post this great quote from this morning's Austin American Statesman--

On the toughest stretch of road, during the toughest stage of what is arguably the toughest sporting event in the world, Lance Armstrong put the hammer down and roared toward the top of L'Alpe d'Huez. It was a move of such breathtaking power that most of his rivals would have had trouble matching it while driving a car, let alone pedaling a bike.
                    It was also the stuff of legend.
                    It was Muhammad Ali floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee; Tiger Woods devouring Augusta National with his "A" game; Michael Jordan eyeballs-level-with-the-rim at his gravity defying best; Jim brown hauling a scrum of would-be tacklers into the end zone; Babe Ruth calling his shot.--Jim Litke, AP

It sort of reminded me of the perseverence we will need to survive the roller coaster ride. So--

((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad we all have each other to get through this (and all that pesky RL stuff too)

GO LANCE GO!!! SIX IN A ROW!!!!
                    Very inspiring, Marimba! Yes, we WILL survive and endure!

Sally, who swears she hears Gloria Gaynor singing in the background.
                    Last edited by majorsal; 26 July 2004, 09:13 PM.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey y'all!!!
                      *waterfall is trying to catch her breath keeping up with ALL the posts!
                      Geez you guys are chatty today!
                      10 pages just since I came on!!!
                      I couldn't watch Stargate monday tonight, had to go shopping for the kid's B-day tomorrow.
                      I'm getting exited about saturday's con in Tampa, can't wait!!!
                      Well, I just wated to let y'all know I haven't fallen off the face of the planet!

waterfall

Comment

Yeah, GW was hiccupping. And of course I leave for five minutes and you guys jump up by a page. LOL. Go figure.

I'm actually writing a fic called "Into the West" which is posted up here at GateWorld. lol. the taglines:

Sam gets the chance at scientific stardom, so we get to see how this affects her career, the SGC, and her relationships. And I guarantee we're gonna get lots of Sam/Jack shippiness (Pete-bashing soon to be included)! I swear.

And forgive the typo. I know I typed Sam instead of Sara in one Jack memory line. So no flames for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          Very inspiring, Marimba! Yes, we WILL survive and endure!

Sally, who swares she hears Gloria Gaynor singing in the background.
                          You do know that Marimbahas this song already done as a video
                          http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlways2.htmlunder snarky vids

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                            I have a question: is it Shipper Town or shippertown? Just wondering.

Also, I still need a list of who we're going to send ship stuff to. Sorry, if you've already done this and I haven't read it yet.
                            Since it is a proper name, I used Shipper Town, but it could be Shippertown. Anyone have a preference?

I don't think we have a list yet. Maybe we could do that on Shipper Day? Which leads to the next question....
                            Originally posted by sacme
                            Who wants to try to set a record for Ship Day? Let's have a thread just for Ship Day and lets see if we can close it down in ONE day! What do you think?

The Ship Day Thread
                            I say this is another challenge we should undertake. Shipperhoy, is the Shipper Poll going to be a separate thread? (I think it will have to be.) If so, we could make the Shipper Poll part of the Ship Day Thread and use only that Thread for Ship Day and see how many posts we can get on the Ship Day Thread in one day. Hope this isn't confusing. I was thinking that a separate Ship Day Thread would give us a clean thread for the day. What does everyone else think?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                              Hey y'all!!!
                              *waterfall is trying to catch her breath keeping up with ALL the posts!
                              Geez you guys are chatty today!
                              10 pages just since I came on!!!
                              I couldn't watch Stargate monday tonight, had to go shopping for the kid's B-day tomorrow.
                              I'm getting exited about saturday's con in Tampa, can't wait!!!
                              Well, I just wated to let y'all know I haven't fallen off the face of the planet!

waterfall
                              Hi Waterfalll!! COOL soon we will start bugging you for YOUR con report

Comment

Since it is a proper name, I used Shipper Town, but it could be Shippertown. Anyone have a preference?
                                Personally I am for Shipper Town
                                I don't think we have a list yet. Maybe we could do that on Shipper Day? Which leads to the next question....
                                I say this is another challenge we should undertake. Shipperhoy, is the Shipper Poll going to be a separate thread? (I think it will have to be.) If so, we could make the Shipper Poll part of the Ship Day Thread and use only that Thread for Ship Day and see how many posts we can get on the Ship Day Thread in one day. Hope this isn't confusing. I was thinking that a separate Ship Day Thread would give us a clean thread for the day. What does everyone else think?
                                I think that is a great Idea and I really think we are going to be ready for a new thread that day anyway....Shipperahoy said she was going to open the poll at Midnight so it may just work out perfectly at the rate we are going

Comment

Working...
                                X