X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    I'll combine the two.

I want to see Jack zat potatohead three times
    ROFL!!!!! I can see Mala needs to add a few pics to her Potatoe head collection ...Oh Mala....any Zatted ones in our future ??
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Yeah, well thank heaven for my introduction to advanced mathematics class. Got all the Foundations proofs down.

I hope I stay good at math during college. LOL. I'd better.

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
        And I understood the whole thing! LOL. Yes, for someone as smart as Sam is supposed to be, you'd think she'd be able to do a little bit of Calc I! Now, if only we could tie in some of those theoretical tidbits. Let's see if I'm remembering my proof techniques correctly. Modus Ponens, anyone? Or how about more fun.

Equivalence relations: L represents the set of LURVE.

Sam loves Sam (thus liking is reflexive on L)
        Sam loves Jack and Jack loves Sam (thus liking is symmetric on L)
        Sam loves Jack and Jack loves Everybody and Everybody loves Sam (thus liking is transitive on L)

(Okay, EVERYBODY is confined to American SGC personnel.)

WE HAVE AN EQUIVALENCE RELATIONSHIP!

Now, let's see what happens with Pete

Pete loves Pete (thus liking is reflexive on L)
        Pete loves Sam and Sam loves Pete. BUT WAIT!
        Pete loves Sam = TRUE
        Sam loves Pete = FALSE.

But TRUE => FALSE is FALSE, so this whole Sam/Pete relationship is FAKE! NO EQUIVALENCE RELATION THERE! There's no symmetry, and there sure as hell is no transitivity because not everyone loves Pete. In fact it's quite the opposite! LOL.

So, I guess the math just shows, it's all about Jack. And we all know that since Sam is indeed a mathematical mind, there's no way she'll be passing that one up!

Just outta curiosity, have they EVER said where Sam got her Ph.D.?
        To Quote Jack...AAAARRRGGGHHHH

I have absolutely no clue what either of you said but it sounded so COOL!!!!

AND since you have just proven that Sam & Jack MUST be together Mathmatically well then that as they say id that!!!!

Sam has to bow to science and bye bye Starch Boy
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Yeah, well thank heaven for my introduction to advanced mathematics class. Got all the Foundations proofs down.

Actually though I'm better with computers. I seem to be able to take to new computer systems almost intuitively. I used Macs for years at elementary and middle school before we got our first family computer, which was an ugly old monochrome computer with DOS operating system. OY!! Can you say "ancient?" But I took to that OS pretty quickly. Also took to Windows rather quickly as well. So after I graduate I'm probably gonna go for some IT certifications and try to become an IT professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Third Floor Relic
            That was such a good article (it's on the front page here in San Antonio). My husband is a biker, and I get to hear all about the Tour de France whether I want to or not.

Of course, since Lance is a Texan one can expect this part of the country to get all bubbly over his win, even if most folks here don't know that bike racing is actually a genuine sport.
            Yup! Lance got a wrap-around front page here--Full color, no less. I guess the hometown boy made good (again) so they spared no expense. Plus he got a special section, not to mention the umpteen full page color ads congratulating him...can you tell Lance is from Austin? *though I don't think he spends more than a few months a year here any more*

And have you seen the shirts that say "Texas is bigger than France"--I just LMAO at those! Might actually break down and buy one, one of these days...

As for cycling, not my cuppa but I've learned a lot since Lance has been in it. Can't avoid it, every year at this time the paper is filled with everything you want to know about cycling and more--world news? what's that?

I'm glad he won again but I figured he would. All those nasty remarks that were made about him before were enough to tick him off and Lance is at his best under adversity. Soon as that stuff came out I said, "well, that'll be his motivation to win again"--Nothing like a ticked off American to rise to the occasion!
            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

The only thing I can't do with computers is program them. I've dabbled in some of the high-level object-oriented programming languages, but I'd never be able to create anything useful like my own OS or anything. If I did know anything about making operating systems, I'd make mine so it was crash proof!! Unlike Micro$hit's operating systems which crash all the time.

Comment

Originally Posted by mad_gater
                I'm a math major, though not a very good one. I used to be really good at math in HS, but when I got to college the math was a lot harder. I've even had to retake quite a few of the math classes. I do OK with number crunching classes like calculus and numerical analysis, but I do kinda crappy in math classes that involve math theory, which means math proofs, which I hate. But I think you'll get a kick out of my "shipper math." I have 3 shipper equations and the fundamental theorem of shipper calculus:

Sam + Pete = see chaos theory
                Sam + Jack = infinite happiness
                Jack + Pete = instantaneous fury, as Jack will kill him

Fundamental Theorem of Shipper Calculus (slightly modified from before): In the xy-plane, when you measure Sam's happiness curve over time, the first derivative of this happiness curve with respect to time will allow you to find her local maximum and local minimum points of happiness. Setting the first derivative of Sam's happiness curve equal to zero will allow you to find these critical points in time where these maximums and minimums occur. Upon inspection, you will find that:

There is a big local maximum at time t = 0 (time measured in years at the SGC), when Sam joined the SGC and met Jack, boy did those sparks fly.

There is a large local minimum at time t = 3 (3rd year) when Jack went missing for 3 months and she thought she lost him for good.

There is another big local maximum at time t = 4 (4th year at SGC) when they finally admitted their mutual feelings for each other under the Za'tarc detector test.

There is a large local minimum at time t = 6 (6th year at SGC) when Sam thought she lost Jack again when he got trapped with Maybourne off-world for a month.

There is a very small local maximum at time t = 7 when Sam started dating . This is followed by a downward trend in happiness at time t = 8, where she is doing a rethink of her current relatioship with , hopefully coming to the conclusion that she got much more happiness when she met Jack than when she met . And that she realizes that her lowest points were those when she thought she lost her soulmate, aka Jack. Hopefully she examines this curve and sees that her life is much more linked with Jack's than it is with 's.

Phew!! *wipes sweat off forehead*

That was one long post!!!!

And I understood the whole thing! LOL. Yes, for someone as smart as Sam is supposed to be, you'd think she'd be able to do a little bit of Calc I! Now, if only we could tie in some of those theoretical tidbits. Let's see if I'm remembering my proof techniques correctly. Modus Ponens, anyone? Or how about more fun.

Equivalence relations: L represents the set of LURVE.

Sam loves Sam (thus liking is reflexive on L)
                Sam loves Jack and Jack loves Sam (thus liking is symmetric on L)
                Sam loves Jack and Jack loves Everybody and Everybody loves Sam (thus liking is transitive on L)

(Okay, EVERYBODY is confined to American SGC personnel.)

WE HAVE AN EQUIVALENCE RELATIONSHIP!

Now, let's see what happens with Pete

Pete loves Pete (thus liking is reflexive on L)
                Pete loves Sam and Sam loves Pete. BUT WAIT!
                Pete loves Sam = TRUE
                Sam loves Pete = FALSE.

But TRUE => FALSE is FALSE, so this whole Sam/Pete relationship is FAKE! NO EQUIVALENCE RELATION THERE! There's no symmetry, and there sure as hell is no transitivity because not everyone loves Pete. In fact it's quite the opposite! LOL.

So, I guess the math just shows, it's all about Jack. And we all know that since Sam is indeed a mathematical mind, there's no way she'll be passing that one up!

Just outta curiosity, have they EVER said where Sam got her Ph.D.?
                WOW! We should send both those equations off to TPTB, and prove to them that Sam and Jack should be together, it has been mathematically proven!!!

I'm actually shocked that I understood what both your posts were on about and i'm quite pleased that I did....

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                  Thanks
                  First Guess: The Fifth Race
                  correct!!!! ding ding ding!!!!! now lets see whats behind door number one...

shall we...

DOOR NUMBER ONE!!!!!

ohh right ...

well folks we seem to be having some ... ehh...'technical' difficulties

find out if they ever get fixed on this low budget .. thingy

(what the hell else am i supposed to call it??)

After the break

-------------------

Adverts
                  Have a break

Have a Kit kat cookie (thats if nana could rustle us up some - just an idea!!)

Comment

WOW! We should send both those equations off to TPTB, and prove to them that Sam and Jack should be together, it has been mathematically proven!!!

I'm actually shocked that I understood what both your posts were on about and i'm quite pleased that I did....
                    Maybe you should keep your head away from those Ancient repositories.

That maybe why you're understanding more than you normally do!!

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo
                      correct!!!! ding ding ding!!!!! now lets see whats behind door number one...

shall we...

DOOR NUMBER ONE!!!!!

ohh right ...

well folks we seem to be having some ... ehh...'technical' difficulties

find out if they ever get fixed on this low budget .. thingy

(what the hell else am i supposed to call it??)

After the break

-------------------

Adverts
                      Have a break

Have a Kit kat cookie (thats if nana could rustle us up some - just an idea!!)
                      ROTFL!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
                        Here's a question.. When did this shipment start? from season 1-3 there was not that much shipping going on (solitudes of course). so?
                        Hello, and WELCOME!!!

When did the ship start? Well, that depends on who you talk to...

Some say that it started with the instant chemistry when they first meet.

Some PTB (lately, at least) say that it started with the hug in "Into the Fire"--of course the very same PTB say that Rick and Amanda created it (um...riiiight)

Some trace it to "Solitudes" or any of several eps throughout the first three seasons. As for seasons 1-3 not being that shippy, I'd say rewatching is in order (hey, an excuse to watch more Stargate--maybe I'll use that one, like I need an excuse ). Lots of pre-ship and ship moments in those seasons I think.

And as for what is considered "ship" (I know you didn't ask but here it is)--it doesn't necessarily have to be them together. I consider "100 Days" shippy because Sam is so angsty and she misses Jack. It's whatever you see that's important.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                          Maybe you should keep your head away from those Ancient repositories.

That maybe why you're understanding more than you normally do!!
                          LOL, does that mean i'm going to start talking Ancient soon....I've always wanted to be able to speak a foreign/Alien language

Noo ani anquiatus

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                            I don't think we can have any way of knowing without a response from Amanda herself. I made sure that she knew so I guess it's up to her now...
                            On a suggestion I made that we should get in contact with the creator of AT's official site and see if he could get in touch with her to see if she got her package....getcarter emailed him and he responded that he'd contact her but that it might be awhile for her to respond since she was back at filming!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                            MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              I'll combine the two.

I want to see Jack zat potatohead three times
                              If he zats the area where potatohead disappeared from, does that mean it never happened?

A shipper can dream...

Comment

LOL, does that mean i'm going to start talking Ancient soon....I've always wanted to be able to speak a foreign/Alien language

Noo ani anquiatus
                                Yes. ANd you could possibly DIE!!!! Like what would've happened to Jack!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X