X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    Thank you dipsofjazz

Are you still debating whether or not to go to SG Scotland? Have you ever been to a convention? If not, then I recommend them!!! They're brilliant!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      I know we will continue with our construction, but this is what our Shipper Town has to offer. If you see any needs let me know.
      • The first stop in Shipper Town "Home of the Replishippers" is the R(ed) C(ookie) Shipper Town Information Center. Each new shipper receives a beginners supply of shipper cookies along with a cookie list and instructions, a map of Shipper Town, and either a Sam or Jack clone with instructions if needed.
      • We have the Bakery where Ship Nana does her magic. Shipper cookies are a fundamental staple of any shipper’s meal. They can also be used as meal replacements when consumed with caffeinated beverages.
      • The Movie House where Caty and Marimba show their videos 24/7. Tissue boxes are conveniently located on each chair.
      • The Shipper Park is also known as the "Happy Place". At the center of the park is a gorgeous wishing pond complete with a magnificent Waterfall. One of the favorite spots is the Prayer Garden. Shippers come to the Prayer Garden to meditate, pray and use the convenient writing paper to send TPTB constuctive and positive letters on the obviously perfect future of Sam and Jack.
      • The Shipper Commune Rehab where shippers go to get their mojo back. Of course, Tame is permanently scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the "Jack" room. Since both Tame and GoneShippin’ are part of the staff, the head administrator Aunt Sally has given each an entire floor to remodel in order to accommodate the noise restrictions.
      • Who could forget the "Blind Faith" roller coaster and "Here We Go Again" Ferris wheel at the Amusement Park. For all those shippers who enjoy getting wet, there is the "Wet & Wild" water slide.
      • The Shipper Sipper Bar is where mad_gater brews and serves his concoctions. Mad_gater also cooks a mean BBQ. The secret is in the sauce.
      • The Shipper Marina is where the Shipper Ship resides along with many houseboats for Shipper Town residents.
      • Just down from the Shipper Marina is the PlayShipper Mansion. Shippers are encouraged to partake of the many Shipper activities Tame has planned or just enjoy a Jackowacko cocktail by the pool.
      • The Conservatory encourages Shippers to embrace their creativity. Home to fanfic authors, poets, song writers, graphic artists.
      • The City Hall is where Ship Nana holds the title of "Mayor of Shipper Town", and where Sam and Jack will eventually apply for their marriage license.
      • Across from City Hall is the Shipper Town Post Office. The post office is responsible for all love letters, notes and packages. A secondary function of the post office is to handle all wedding presents and cards for Sam and Jack.
      • The Shipper Radio Station "69.9 SJLUV" is where Kri and Token play all the Sam and Jack favorites like "I'll Wait for You Forever" and "When's This War Gonna End".
      • Ship Sistah runs the local smiley and gift shop. I hear the T-shirt and mugs are a popular item.
      • Mala owns the Shipper Photography Studio. She scrubs and cleans all our thunkable pictures, creates the best potato head designs, and is the official photographer of Sam and Jack's wedding.
      • The Shipper Dump is where all the bad spoilers, interviews and PTB fertilizer end up making quite a good compost.
      • The Shipper Zoo. LtLisa takes care of the animals especially the most favorite exhibit the Monkeys.
      • Shipper Kinks is the local chiropractic office. The cases of whiplash and tension headaches are on the rise.
      • The Sam and Jack Wedding Chapel and Reception Hall is always open and prepared. At a moments notice, the Chapel bells will ring; and all shippers will be called to their Sam and Jack wedding stations. Flowers, cakes, decorations, catering, photography....everything will be in order for Sam and Jack's special day. BTW...there is a wedding drill scheduled for Shipper Day.
      • Sam and Jack's cozy cottage is already constructed and awaiting their arrival. The heart shaped bed was the last bit to arrive.
      • The favorite nite spot in Shipper Town is the "Groovy Gutter". (Although, I have seen a few residents slipping in during the day.) The Groovy Gutter’s furniture is padded with Italian leather so no one is injured during the perpetual thunking. It is also equipped with private rooms for private fantasies and cool down rooms for the overheated. Luxurious Egyptian towels are available for drool spillage, and emergency personnel are prepared for any over excitement.
      • Located at the end of Main Street is the Shipper Community Hospital. All the doctors and nurses are experts at treating broken and lonely hearts, cupid arrow injuries, and the occasional thunking mishap. A few cases of cookie and beverage over indulgences have been reported. Nonetheless, the highly-trained staff is ready for any emergency with a state-of-the-art Automatic External Defibrillator and Ship Nana's Pale Green Shipper Cookies.
      • The Shipper Town Library has a archive of all Sam and Jack fanfic sorted by rating. Computers are available to access the best online forum in Stargate fandom, GateWorld’s Sam and Jack Shipper Thread.
      I suggested a shipper information office for lurkers and newbies. If it's here on the list I apologise, if not...please add it!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        I suggested a shipper information office for lurkers and newbies. If it's here on the list I apologise, if not...please add it!
        LOL...It is number one on the list Sue Kay
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          I would also like to have day care center, if we could. We really have to catch our little ones while they are little so we can make them into wonderful big shippers like all of us
          Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
            I would also like to have day care center, if we could. We really have to catch our little ones while they are little so we can make them into wonderful big shippers like all of us
            LOL...Critter...and here I am chanting daily...6 months til 18 6 months til 18 6 months til 18 6 months til 18 THAT and many cups of coffee have gotten me through many O day lately
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Critter

Oh! I like that one. I don't have kids, but that's too cute! I went to DragonCon last year and saw a brother and sister dressed up like Han Solo and Princess Leia. I could just see little ones running around in SG1 getup. (Minus the P90s or what ever the gun is that Jack always carries.)
              "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
              "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
              Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
              Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
              "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
              Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
              Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
              (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Hi Shippers!! (waves)

No sooner do I get caught up to page 20 of thread 11 than you’re halfway through thread 12! How do you do it???

A few quick things:

 Token, you are a genius!!! (throws Token a bunch of roses). Since I’m a librarian in real life, I would like to add the Shipper Library where sugarshaker archives the vast DVD and fan-fiction collections and helps each shipper find just the right S/J story to fit his mood. (Hope the job is still open!)

 Marimba and Kiri welcome back and thanks for the great con reports and pictures!

 Mala (awestruck) the TV schedule was too funny! I cut out your potato head Annubis and put it up on my refrigerator, and now I crack up every time I go into the kitchen.

 Mad_gater: I was at “our” Outback Steakhouse yesterday and the place still resonates with a slight shipper buzz from your recent visit!

 I will be going to the Creation con in NJ Aug 7/8 and would like to meet other shippers. If anyone’s going and wants to meet up, please pm me or email me at [email protected].

Can’t wait till Shipper Day!!!

sigpic
                s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                  One question to you all, sorry if it has been mentioned before I haven't had chance to read everything yet ...has the letter and Music Vids and stuff been sent/given to Amanda???
                  Yes, I gave them to her at Gatecon. Well, actually i had to give them to the con people but I got to talk to her and I told her that I had left the package for her from the shippers at Gateworld. I also told her how much we loved her and that she should feel free to drop by any time. She replied by saying that she loved gateworld. She was very gracious and nice and I'm hoping she will look at the stuff. I heard yesterday though that she had an emergency in her family this weekend so I hope it's nothing too serious.

btw, I LOVE your sig!!!
                  Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                  Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                  Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                    Well, better late than never. And I suppose late-night counts, as well. LOL.

Though I'm definitely not a Stargate newbie, I am new to the online aspect of the fandom, so I thought I'd drop in and introduce myself to The Establishment. And I figured since I'm a HUGE Sam/Jack shipper, that this would be the place to do it.

So, hi everyone!
                    Welcome aeromathlete. Glad you decided to come by and introduce yourself. Help yourself to some shipper cookies but remember to go easy on Naquadah Enhanced Anti-Ranting Shipper Cookies until your system adjusts.

Post lots and have fun.
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                      My only problem with that is I tell myself I'm only going to read one or two stories...next thing I know, it's 3 a.m. and I have to get up in 4 hours. Curse all of you wonderful fan fic authors!
                      ROFL!!!! I have same problem!! I start reading after everyone goes to sleep and before I know it, I look up and it's 3 (or 4) am. Hubs just rolls his eyes the next day when I'm looking groggy over coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                        Yes, I gave them to her at Gatecon. Well, actually i had to give them to the con people but I got to talk to her and I told her that I had left the package for her from the shippers at Gateworld. I also told her how much we loved her and that she should feel free to drop by any time. She replied by saying that she loved gateworld. She was very gracious and nice and I'm hoping she will look at the stuff. I heard yesterday though that she had an emergency in her family this weekend so I hope it's nothing too serious.

btw, I LOVE your sig!!!
                        ooh! thats great! I wish I could get the chance to meet her one day she seems like a really really nice person..even though she does like the Sam/ thing
                        Is there any way that we will know if she looks through the pacage or not or have we just got to hope that she does??

I really hope her family emergency isn't serious....

And thanks about my sig

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                          Is there any way that we will know if she looks through the pacage or not or have we just got to hope that she does??
                          I don't think we can have any way of knowing without a response from Amanda herself. I made sure that she knew so I guess it's up to her now...

Comment

I know this is off-topic, but I just felt the need to post this great quote from this morning's Austin American Statesman--

On the toughest stretch of road, during the toughest stage of what is arguably the toughest sporting event in the world, Lance Armstrong put the hammer down and roared toward the top of L'Alpe d'Huez. It was a move of such breathtaking power that most of his rivals would have had trouble matching it while driving a car, let alone pedaling a bike.
                            It was also the stuff of legend.
                            It was Muhammad Ali floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee; Tiger Woods devouring Augusta National with his "A" game; Michael Jordan eyeballs-level-with-the-rim at his gravity defying best; Jim brown hauling a scrum of would-be tacklers into the end zone; Babe Ruth calling his shot.--Jim Litke, AP

It sort of reminded me of the perseverence we will need to survive the roller coaster ride. So--

((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad we all have each other to get through this (and all that pesky RL stuff too)

GO LANCE GO!!! SIX IN A ROW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                              I don't think we can have any way of knowing without a response from Amanda herself. I made sure that she knew so I guess it's up to her now...
                              OK, I can live with that
                              If she's anything like me her curiosity would of made her get the package and check what was in it as soon as she could...but that may just be me

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                LOL...It is number one on the list Sue Kay
                                Ehm...

Oops! Sorry. (Dense dunce alter ego was in charge when i read that post!)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X